The Post Season ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: The Post Season ...

Post by 93Bulldog »

My two favorite huddle posters were Brutus and Blaster. From Portsmouth. They were hilarious. Tigertown Turkey and the Ironton folk were good posters too.

Lots of good people, very intelligent and witty and really knowledgeable sports minded folk were on jjhuddle ... but never signed up on preps.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I did get banned for posting a Preps link :lol:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:34 pm I did get banned for posting a Preps link :lol:
Might’ve been you that led me here lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Probably not me. I didn’t start posting until 2007

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I started on the Huddle in 2000...was one of the OG members here when the site started, along with Josh(Jesco) and some others.

We lost a ton of posts, but heck I remember when Football threads were easily 20+ pages every week.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Yeah we lost over a million post from 2004 to 2007 from me making a few rookie mistakes. I been digging the past couple years even paying IT forum experts to get them back but no go.

When I first started this site in 2004 it was for a football preview me 93bulldog, loganlocos and JesscoWhite/spongebob were putting together. After a few meetings that fell through. I then met RHBrutus who helped me get riverratray on a 3rd party hosted forum. We built that up pretty well (2004) but it became to big as we constantly had too many connections errors.

2005 I created the forum were on now and it was booming but 2 crashes kind of slowed the posting down as folks just didn't want to start over.

Then I think 2007 was the huge crash right during the Athens playoff run with Joe Burrow. We had to start fresh again and lost a ton of members who didn't want to start over.

GAHS4ever had over 20K post all good ones but due to the crash they are lost.

Ive had great mods pass away.
Svkicker78, bigorangeone, GAHS4ever, jesscowhite

This football season will start 15 years of SEOPS

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:32 pm My two favorite huddle posters were Brutus and Blaster. From Portsmouth. They were hilarious. Tigertown Turkey and the Ironton folk were good posters too.

Lots of good people, very intelligent and witty and really knowledgeable sports minded folk were on jjhuddle ... but never signed up on preps.
Brutus was an admin here for a long time . tigertown turkey is still here . he had over 100K post but both all gone with the crash

Michael Scott
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Your timeline is a little off, Matt

Joe Burrow was in the 4th grade in 2007 ... lol

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Lol maybe it was 2012.

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I know I found an old back up that I put up and poor Jottings is still over there asking questions with no one else on the forum.

Michael Scott
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

mattash wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:21 am I know I found an old back up that I put up and poor Jottings is still over there asking questions with no one else on the forum.
OMG

:mrgreen:

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Little story about Coach Hoops from Unioto.

He took the time after losing in a Sectional Final to speak with Coach Scott from Washington and convey some well wishes and thoughts about going to the Convo.

It was everything you would want an experienced coach to say to a first year coach.

Class. 1st Class all the way.

Much respect to Coach Hoops and the Unioto staff.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:55 am Little story about Coach Hoops from Unioto.

He took the time after losing in a Sectional Final to speak with Coach Scott from Washington and convey some well wishes and thoughts about going to the Convo.

It was everything you would want an experienced coach to say to a first year coach.

I have had the pleasure to get to know Coach Hoops & his staff over the last 5-6 years - Coach is such a great guy - so personable, very approachable on and off the court ... Coach Hoops has always greeted pfloyd at the U or on the road ... the Unioto freshmen played in the Logan freshmen tourney last week ... I'm sitting in the Cheap Seats doing what pfloyd does for the opening games of the D2 sectional at LHS, I look up and Coach Hoops has plopped himself down beside pfloyd ... we chatted through out the 4th period and OT of the Circleville win in their play in game ... same with Coach Bruce the JV coach for the U ! Coach Bruce has shared the Cheap Seats at the Convo with pfloyd the last couple of years ... won't find 2 better gentlemen to work with young people to prepare them for the game of basketball and/or life ... I totally agree with everything you posted LucasDavenport ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:18 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:55 am Little story about Coach Hoops from Unioto.

I have had the pleasure to get to know Coach Hoops & his staff over the last 5-6 years - Coach is such a great guy - so personable, very approachable on and off the court ... Coach Hoops has always greeted pfloyd at the U or on the road ... the Unioto freshmen played in the Logan freshmen tourney last week ... I'm sitting in the Cheap Seats doing what pfloyd does for the opening games of the D2 sectional at LHS, I look up and Coach Hoops has plopped himself down beside pfloyd ... we chatted through out the 4th period and OT of the Circleville win in their play in game ... same with Coach Bruce the JV coach for the U ! Coach Bruce has shared the Cheap Seats at the Convo with pfloyd the last couple of years ... won't find 2 better gentlemen to work with young people to prepare them for the game of basketball and/or life ... I totally agree with everything you post LucasDavenport ...
He does have the coolest name for basketball.

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1983317686

Can we get Hoops to cut a promo like this for Preps. The mods can use it for the rules. "No" , "fix your spelling" , "no trolling", "your on the bench"

Michael Scott
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

mattash wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:21 am I know I found an old back up that I put up and poor Jottings is still over there asking questions with no one else on the forum.
Remember when we all met up at Valley @ Symmes Valley and attempted to tailgate with a 2 burner coleman grill in the pouring rain.

I miss Josh, he was one of my dearest friends.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Napkin Stat sheets filled out for the Athens vs Zane Trace, Fairfield Union vs Washington CH ... Friday's completed as well Sheridan vs Waverly, Warren vs Jackson ... Twizzlers - check , (cough drops- check ... a month with this crud) ... now if my favorite SEODAB member - Stephanie Evans- has tootsie rolls in the hospitality room I'm SET !!! LOL ... tomorrow at school is going to drag on and on ... waiting to head down Rte 33 to A'town ... the waiting - all part of the post season ...

Big Hawk
Waterboy

Post by Big Hawk »

Always been a reader of this site and currently in administration at a school this site covers. I'm here to help make sure no coach, player or fan has a fear of being ran down. If you have any problems hit the report post button so your mod team can act fast.

Thanks,

Big Hawk

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Big Hawk wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:59 pm Always been a reader of this site and currently in administration at a school this site covers. I'm here to help make sure no coach, player or fan has a fear of being ran down. If you have any problems hit the report post button so your mod team can act fast.

Thanks,

Big Hawk
Given that you're in administration at a SEO school do you feel you can remain unbiased?? I ask this because seems like a conflict of interest and I've seen admins on here who have a very hard time remaining neutral in regards to their team, school or fans, as they've made comments then turn around and lock a thread right after they post some snarky comment so that's the last thing you see.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... round 2 at the Convo ! starts tonight with D4's in their District Finals - New Boston vs Trimble (6:15) followed by Coal Grove vs Waterford (8:15) ... should be 2 outstanding basketball games ! as the D4 have played some of the best basketball offensively during Basketball :30 ... safe travels for ALL of those making the week night trip to A'town ! Lou will be rocking the PA ... the players will take care of the hoops on the court ... I will be in my Cheap Seat location - daniC will be there as well I believe, Mr. McPhearson, Bill,93bulldog will be there to root for the Tomcats, Lucas Davenport will be in the house - somewhere LOL - he finagled his way onto press row last week LOL to do game updates - who knows where he ends up tonight ! - probably right next to Lou Horvath at the scorers table ... should be good ! heading down the highway in 15 minutes or so ... best of luck to all the teams tonight - win or lose these 4 are outstanding D4 TEAMS ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”