2019 OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2019 OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

absolutely. and how is ryan day handling himself. I absolutely think they kept the right guy for the job.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 am absolutely. and how is ryan day handling himself. I absolutely think they kept the right guy for the job.
I also believe the transition from Meyer to Day was the best possible outcome given the Zach Smith situation. PR damage to the University was minimized by the resignation and continuity for the program suffered as little as possible, especially in terms of recruiting. I am looking forward to the 2019 Buckeyes, but I have no idea how the season will unfold.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes it helped with the transition, and like you said the blow to the university media wise.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Fields needs to stay clean and out of trouble and not get hurt.

Other than that, I dont see any major concerns on the schedule until the latter part of November. If the defense is shored up this year, look out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I know how highly recruited fields was. but I know nothing about him otherwise.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Buckeyes will be crazy scary if the defense turns things around. I think the offense rolls.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope so my friend.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

If what we saw the first games of last year is truly an indication of what we are in store for then there is no question the offense will roll. The addition of the hyped QB is a big plus. Even if the kid hadn’t transferred I think we would have still been productive but it sure helped our situation. There’s nothing better to bring the best out of an athlete then in-house competition. The defense knows they have to get better. And with that I believe they will. We will get to see some first hand here with in the month. Go Bucks !

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Not a bad read on Coach Day

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what has the fields guy gotten into
that they are talking about.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:12 am what has the fields guy gotten into
that they are talking about.
YTB, I have scoured the internet but have found nothing hinting at trouble for Mr. Fields. So far Ohio State has won the off season in terms of brushes with the law or team rules. The only possible controversy was that he stated his transfer to OSU was purely a business decision to help him reach the NFL. That probably did not sit well with those fans who are more oriented towards team goals rather than individual player achievements. Yet again nothing wrong with being brash if he can back it up.

https://thespun.com/big-ten/ohio-state- ... ohio-state

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes I have heard nothing negative either.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

any predictions on ohio state's win/loss record this year. I think they run the table unblemished.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:58 am any predictions on ohio state's win/loss record this year. I think they run the table unblemished.
Bait,

After watching the OSU spring game, my thoughts are that the Buckeyes will be a work in progress. I saw great athletes who are not yet great football players. An undefeated regular season is possible, but so is something less stellar. We wont know how good they are until the Bucks play Cincinnati.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think it would be very hard to really draw any exact conclusions with how the scrimmage played out. If both QB had looked great throwing the ball, then we would all be still concerned about how suspect the defense might be. They had quite a few starters that didn't even play because of injuries, plus some starters played only a few plays. Of course the QB's are not where they should be yet, but that should be expected, neither one has ever started a college football game. The main thing is it gave the fans the chance to see the players, even though it is a controlled glorified scrimmage. We would all be complaining big time, if it had been an all out physical scrimmage, and one of the key players had gotten hurt. Even though they may have a ways to go to be the team we all want them to be, I would say that the coaches are probably relieved that they hopefully made it through spring practice without anymore serious injuries. Now until the Fall rolls around, we can all hope that the players keep there Nose clean, and we have no one getting into trouble.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Great analysis on your part Mr. Vette. The Buckeyes need to win the remainder of the off season and head into the season with no distractions. I believe we underestimate the task at hand that faces Day and his new coaches. The transition was handled as smooth as possible to maximize continuity within the program, but it will not be business as usual from the last seven years.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The spring game is nothing to hang your hat on in terms of how well the team will play in the regular season. Period.

Numerous years the rushing leaders are the 3rd and 4th RBs on the depth chart. No contact, etc etc. Its a glorified practice to get people aroused for OSU football after a 3 month layoff.

Keep in mind that Fields has only been on campus for a short period of time with very limited practice. I expect to see a totally different offense when early September rolls around. The key with Fields will be how well he can learn the offense, lead the offense and how well they will mesh as a unit.

I expect the defense to be MUCH better this year. Bill Davis was sent packing as the LB coach and we also have a new defensive backs coach in Jeff Hadley. I am sure the DB's will actually look back to find the ball in the air this year and take better angles in run support and open field tacking.

We also robbed scUM of their 2 best defensive coaches during the off season. I wonder how they will feel once their new players get yet another pair of gold pants???? Lol.

What I predict is this: Day is going to have a very aggressive offense that will push the ball down the field. Dobbins, Teague and others are a plenty at the RB position. There will be a few new faces at the WR spots as that is where we really lost talent to the draft/graduation but they will have plenty of talent there too.

The defense will be much improved as Larry Johnson will have the D line ready to go and we all know that the D line sets the tone for the defenses at OSU. The problem last year wasnt the D line but the LB's. That should be fixed asap as well.

I think this team has the talent to go 12-0 or they could go 10-2. That will be based on QB play, LB and DB play. The rest of the team should be very stout. I expect Fields to get stronger and stronger as the season goes on as he gets more accustomed to the offense and gains confidence.

Go Bucks

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:55 am The spring game is nothing to hang your hat on in terms of how well the team will play in the regular season. Period.

Numerous years the rushing leaders are the 3rd and 4th RBs on the depth chart. No contact, etc etc. Its a glorified practice to get people aroused for OSU football after a 3 month layoff.

Keep in mind that Fields has only been on campus for a short period of time with very limited practice. I expect to see a totally different offense when early September rolls around. The key with Fields will be how well he can learn the offense, lead the offense and how well they will mesh as a unit.

I expect the defense to be MUCH better this year. Bill Davis was sent packing as the LB coach and we also have a new defensive backs coach in Jeff Hadley. I am sure the DB's will actually look back to find the ball in the air this year and take better angles in run support and open field tacking.

We also robbed scUM of their 2 best defensive coaches during the off season. I wonder how they will feel once their new players get yet another pair of gold pants???? Lol.

What I predict is this: Day is going to have a very aggressive offense that will push the ball down the field. Dobbins, Teague and others are a plenty at the RB position. There will be a few new faces at the WR spots as that is where we really lost talent to the draft/graduation but they will have plenty of talent there too.

The defense will be much improved as Larry Johnson will have the D line ready to go and we all know that the D line sets the tone for the defenses at OSU. The problem last year wasnt the D line but the LB's. That should be fixed asap as well.

I think this team has the talent to go 12-0 or they could go 10-2. That will be based on QB play, LB and DB play. The rest of the team should be very stout. I expect Fields to get stronger and stronger as the season goes on as he gets more accustomed to the offense and gains confidence.

Go Bucks
Very good post! I think you're pretty well spot on with about everything you said.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I know that this is a little off Topic, but sometime this past weekend, I saw on 11 Warriors that the Buckeyes had extended an offer to Reid Carrico from Ironton HS. I know that they seem to be very high on him as a linebacker.

Return to “College Sports”