The future of grass fields

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: The future of grass fields

Post by 4thgoal »

I heard that Piketon's field has some issues and parts of it are like walking on a sponge.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:48 pm I heard that Piketon's field has some issues and parts of it are like walking on a sponge.
Don't know who did it or anything about them, or anything about the issues they are having, but you couldn't get a better top notch crew than the Company Waverly got to do theirs 4 years ago. 95% of the work and success of the field is what you don't see under the surface.....

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:22 pm
bfry wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:27 pm Process has begun at Northwest. Old concession torn down.CE109442-B498-4486-A9EE-8C5BD9EA442A.jpeg
I don’t know why they are spending that kind of money. They only win a couple games a yr. they need find a coach and keep their players there instead of transferring
Agreed. Imagine if they spent as much effort and money in trying to lure a good coach or top assistant to come in and turn the program around. I guess flashy new uniforms and a new field are more important to some schools. But hey, at least they will look good when they get beat 50-7 every friday night.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketons field is fine, walked on it today with others to go over maintenance and cleaning of the field. Track being put down real soon, followed by visitors bleachers. Field house construction will start soon.

[img]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5D98FF32[\img]

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Otto wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:37 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:22 pm
bfry wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:27 pm Process has begun at Northwest. Old concession torn down.CE109442-B498-4486-A9EE-8C5BD9EA442A.jpeg
I don’t know why they are spending that kind of money. They only win a couple games a yr. they need find a coach and keep their players there instead of transferring
Agreed. Imagine if they spent as much effort and money in trying to lure a good coach or top assistant to come in and turn the program around. I guess flashy new uniforms and a new field are more important to some schools. But hey, at least they will look good when they get beat 50-7 every friday night.
You seem fun.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

You're right Otto,if the program struggles make the kids use outdated facilities and crappy equipment. Try making some sense when you open your mouth.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

packers80 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 am You're right Otto,if the program struggles make the kids use outdated facilities and crappy equipment. Try making some sense when you open your mouth.
It's hilarious that people like you think that natural grass fields are "outdated". Last I checked 19 NFL teams still play on natural grass. You should go tell them that they're holding their teams back.

All i'm saying is, building the program is more important than having all the bells and whistles. But if you want to spend money, an updated weight room has more of an impact on wins than a shiny new field.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Most of the good schools have the best stadiums

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I didn't say anything about grass fields being outdated, I'm aware the NFL uses it, I have cable. My point was your crappy remarks about Northwest. Kids deserve nice facilities and equipment, doesn't matter what shape the program is in.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

And they are getting an updated weight room and indoor practice facility for all sports.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Again,try making sense when your mouth opens.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

packers80 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 pm And they are getting an updated weight room and indoor practice facility for all sports.
Correct. New weight room, locker rooms for football, soccer and track and field. Indoor turfed practice area with retractable batting cages. Turf field along with new press box and scoreboard. Extending home stands and including handicap accessible seating. Adding visitor stands. New ticket booth, concession and restrooms. Walk way to visitor side. Retaining wall on inside of front straight of track.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

packers80 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:47 pm Again,try making sense when your mouth opens.
I only speak the truth. Guess you can't handle it. I don't really care about hurting someone's feelings, especially yours.

Probably a football parent. Sounds like I hit a sore spot.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Otto wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:31 pm
packers80 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:47 pm Again,try making sense when your mouth opens.
I only speak the truth. Guess you can't handle it. I don't really care about hurting someone's feelings, especially yours.

The problem is, you didn't speak the truth. I think that was the point. It's not just a field, but an overall commitment, including a weight room. I too, could care less what you think.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Otto wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:13 pm
packers80 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 am You're right Otto,if the program struggles make the kids use outdated facilities and crappy equipment. Try making some sense when you open your mouth.
It's hilarious that people like you think that natural grass fields are "outdated". Last I checked 19 NFL teams still play on natural grass. You should go tell them that they're holding their teams back.

All i'm saying is, building the program is more important than having all the bells and whistles. But if you want to spend money, an updated weight room has more of an impact on wins than a shiny new field.
Each and every one of those 19 NFL franchises have the ability and means (the capital) to make a consistent, multi-seasonal and even weekly commitment toward the preservation, well-keeping and integrity of their natural grass playing surface.

The average southern Ohio district, or really any public school district in general, on the other hand does not. Combine that with the fact many districts utilize their football fields for multiple various purposes, it serves to make sense that school districts at least consider the prospect of going to artificial turf.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Each and every one of those 19 NFL franchises have the ability and means (the capital) to make a consistent, multi-seasonal and even weekly commitment toward the preservation, well-keeping and integrity of their natural grass playing surface.

The average southern Ohio district, or really any public school district in general, on the other hand does not. Combine that with the fact many districts utilize their football fields for multiple various purposes, it serves to make sense that school districts at least consider the prospect of going to artificial turf.
The fact that anyone would key board warrior a negative response to facility upgrades for a local team tells you all you need to know about them. High and mighty, ignorant, or both. And yes, the versatility of the turf is a beautiful thing.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

bfry wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:23 pm

The fact that anyone would key board warrior a negative response to facility upgrades for a local team tells you all you need to know about them. High and mighty, ignorant, or both. And yes, the versatility of the turf is a beautiful thing.
It tells me something when someone honestly believes that getting a turf field makes their team better at football. You can worship turf all you want, but it won't get you more wins or into the playoffs. It's just keeping up with the Joneses. Getting something because another school got it. Just don't get upset when a team that plays on a grass field shows up and embarrasses your team on it's fancy new field.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Otto wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:35 am
bfry wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:23 pm

It tells me something when someone honestly believes that getting a turf field makes their team better at football. You can worship turf all you want, but it won't get you more wins or into the playoffs. It's just keeping up with the Joneses. Getting something because another school got it. Just don't get upset when a team that plays on a grass field shows up and embarrasses your team on it's fancy new field.
No one thinks getting turf will make their team better. Almost everyone agrees that if a school wants to upgrade their facilities, then that is nothing but a good thing for the kids and the community.
Apparently your theory is that you can't have nice facilities if you don't win......

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Otto wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:31 pm

I don't think this poster is even from Northwest. They're glad to see Northwest is getting new facilities. The up grades is for all sports. They will be putting in new softball fields in the future also.
The kids are really excited about the upgrades that are taking place .

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

No he's not. And anyone who thinks it's negative is a numb nut. Just because we're not a certain level yet doesn't mean we can't have nice things. Get lost.

Return to “Football”