2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

ArntunLegend
Waterboy

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by ArntunLegend »

6-5 is true not denying it. But they were in every ball game and led most of the games. All while taking over a team that was terrible the season before going 3-7 and losing a bunch of kids to graduation and transferring. Ironton fielded one of the youngest teams in the state last year. Only graduated 7 seniors of which 4-5 actually played and only a few of those started. Pendleton didn’t take of the program until May of last year. Meaning he had 3 months to get his team ready. What’s its going to be with a full year?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:27 pm great post country.

Boy the talk on here about the tigers sure has changed since December 2017

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

ArntunLegend wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:48 pm 6-5 is true not denying it. But they were in every ball game and led most of the games. All while taking over a team that was terrible the season before going 3-7 and losing a bunch of kids to graduation and transferring. Ironton fielded one of the youngest teams in the state last year. Only graduated 7 seniors of which 4-5 actually played and only a few of those started. Pendleton didn’t take of the program until May of last year. Meaning he had 3 months to get his team ready. What’s its going to be with a full year?
Maybe I’d wait until a full body of work. I’ll even come on here and congratulate ironton fans but until then the roar is annoying.

ArntunLegend
Waterboy

Post by ArntunLegend »

Still haven’t answered the two D1 SCHOLARSHIP football players at Wheelersburg last year?

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

ArntunLegend wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:55 pm Still haven’t answered the two D1 SCHOLARSHIP football players at Wheelersburg last year?
Salyers will be playing D1FCS Valparaiso

And Holden was heavily recruited in high level D1 FBS and could have easily got a football scholarship but chose to play D1 basketball with a scholarship.

So there were two D1 players that played football for burg last year.

ArntunLegend
Waterboy

Post by ArntunLegend »

Valparaiso is D1 Non Scholarship. Which is basically D3 football. Good football but far from D1. And I know Holden had interest but to my knowledge he never got an offer to play Football. College dont care if your going to play basketball or not. They would offer him to try to change his mind.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Holden never really showed interest in playing football but that kid was a high level D1 football player. You’d be crazy to think otherwise.
And valpo is D1

But maybe Woodward should’ve updated all the social media outlets.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

who really cares. I am thankful to see any athlete get an opportunity after high school. this hain't no peein contest here. and yes the fighting tigers are 6-5 last year. it's already recorded. cain't do a thing about that now. and as far as burg players playing ball at the next level. that excites me. I also heard the Wilson kid that transferred from ironton was playing at west va. state as well. I wish them all, a wonderful college experience school and athletically. the fact there are rumors at ironton about upcoming season means there is something going on positive. and if they are guilty of any violations, they'll pay. there are rules for a reason. I don't see appointing someone as your new ad that is guilty of recruiting violations. but who am I to know. but it humors me that burg folks are talking about it. ============= nuff said. I hope Saturdays next fall are full of local kids playing ball from all over at the next level. but as far as Wilson, holden, and salyers. it's a shame they are being belittled here for not signing with an fbs school. the pros are full of fbs, fcs, d2, d3, and naia athletes. no they are not d1 schoolies. but they are continuing to play ain't they. and ole bait is proud of that. I have a neighbor up here, his dad played pro baseball. his son is one of the finest baseball players ever at waverly. and he just signed at rio grande. can you blame him, close to home, great program, may have just what he wants as far as a major. may have the opportunity to start right away. may have a girlfriend going there who knows. but I'm very proud of him, great kid, great manners, great family. and he is pursuing his dream.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

YTB, were you on US52 headed towards Ironton yesterday?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

no sir. I was rightchere.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

OK.

Tiktok
Waterboy

Post by Tiktok »

Wait and see boys.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tiktok wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:42 pm Wait and see boys.
Wait and see what?

That could mean anything on this thread.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

LOL

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:00 pm
Tiktok wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:42 pm Wait and see boys.
Wait and see what?

That could mean anything on this thread.
79 & 89!!!

And almost 99.

So, I WILL WAIT AND SEE!

Gotigersgo!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I saw it too. it was awful. and we was playin a public school Sandusky perkins. that one was as hard to watch as the supposed good field goal attempt with Wauseon. after a striped shirt pow wow. 2 more state titles that the tigers should have.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

The Fighting Tigers, 7-7 will be Saturday July 13th.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Like Were only suppose to get cheated when playing privates cause they recruit and we never have...heheheheheheheh.. Did I tell you guys about Dat 99 yard kickoff run I had back in 74?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't care who we get cheated by. when it's blatant and the whole stadium sees it. and the refs blow it. it needs corrected. when you are playing for a state title, you need replay or something. both of these instances cost ironton a state title each game. ironton has 2 state titles. but should have 4. most schools never get to a title game. that's not whining, that's a fact. I remember a state title game with akron saint Vincent saint Mary's. a completion was called on a pass right there in ohio state stadium. the irish were behind and driving. the ball was thrown, the guy laid out to get it, and it hit the ground a good 4 feet before it got to him, and skipped into his belly, and called a completion on 4th down. they were right down by the goal line then. and scored to defeat ironton. like everybody people wise on the ironton side were cheering, because we all saw the same thing. and it was called a completion. it's only cheating if someone saw it. in these cases, the whole town saw these things. this hasn't got a thing to do with private schools, or catholics or anything else. my comment was a fact based on watching these games, and it happened wayyyyyyyyy more playing private schools. if you were not there, then you don't know. so try to take that into consideration. and I'd like to hear more about your 99 yard td run. that sounds awesome.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:12 am I don't care who we get cheated by. when it's blatant and the whole stadium sees it. and the refs blow it. it needs corrected. when you are playing for a state title, you need replay or something. both of these instances cost ironton a state title each game. ironton has 2 state titles. but should have 4. most schools never get to a title game. that's not whining, that's a fact. I remember a state title game with akron saint Vincent saint Mary's. a completion was called on a pass right there in ohio state stadium. the irish were behind and driving. the ball was thrown, the guy laid out to get it, and it hit the ground a good 4 feet before it got to him, and skipped into his belly, and called a completion on 4th down. they were right down by the goal line then. and scored to defeat ironton. like everybody people wise on the ironton side were cheering, because we all saw the same thing. and it was called a completion. it's only cheating if someone saw it. in these cases, the whole town saw these things. this hasn't got a thing to do with private schools, or catholics or anything else. my comment was a fact based on watching these games, and it happened wayyyyyyyyy more playing private schools. if you were not there, then you don't know. so try to take that into consideration. and I'd like to hear more about your 99 yard td run. that sounds awesome.
Missed calls don’t always mean cheated. Remember what you see is not the same angle that the ref sees. How many holds could ironton have been called? How many for the other team? I don’t think instant replay will or should ever come into high school.

Return to “Football”