Jackson Ironmen 2019

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Re: Jackson Ironmen 2019

Post by Sunoco »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:24 pm Was super Impressed with Jackson during the passing scrimmage . Icenhower can sling it anywhere . The freshmen winters looked great as a reciever . Strong hands, big strong body. Garrett Dailey looks more confident this season. A lot of weapons .
Too many checkdown throws with guys open down the field. Prater is fast and is going to give defenses fits. Winters did look impressive at receiver. Still waiting to see him get his opportunity at QB. He looked good at safety with another pick. Defense looked really good. Davis and Cross is getting better at backer. Prater will be a very good shutdown corner. Still need to find another corner. Tomorrow the competition will be top notch so we will see how good this group really is.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Sunoco wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:23 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:24 pm Was super Impressed with Jackson during the passing scrimmage . Icenhower can sling it anywhere . The freshmen winters looked great as a reciever . Strong hands, big strong body. Garrett Dailey looks more confident this season. A lot of weapons .
Too many checkdown throws with guys open down the field. Prater is fast and is going to give defenses fits. Winters did look impressive at receiver. Still waiting to see him get his opportunity at QB. He looked good at safety with another pick. Defense looked really good. Davis and Cross is getting better at backer. Prater will be a very good shutdown corner. Still need to find another corner. Tomorrow the competition will be top notch so we will see how good this group really is.
You won’t see how good this group is until the pads come out and the pressure really kicks in. This is all flag football.

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:44 pm
You won’t see how good this group is until the pads come out and the pressure really kicks in. This is all flag football.
I agree with you about the pads to see how physical they will be but tomorrow will see how athletic the boys are.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Sunoco wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:18 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:44 pm

I agree with you about the pads to see how physical they will be but tomorrow will see how athletic the boys are.
I have faith in them. I’m super excited

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

I’m hoping to make it to Dayton tomorrow. Anyone know the schedule yet?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Any updates from Dayton today ?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Went ok poo. They will be just fine. I’m ready for what we do best to start.

HIT!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
IronTough2
Riding the Bench

Post by IronTough2 »

Does anyone know what teams will be at Jackson Friday for the 7 on 7? Last one of these and then let the real football begin. Hydrate,hydrate,hydrate with these heat indexes!!!

morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

Is the QB situation “the elephant in the room?”

Down here in Gallia County, we keep hearing that we should expect to see the Rookie as the starting QB before mid-season...

Mel Kiper
Waterboy

Post by Mel Kiper »

There is no way Jackson is winning more than 5 games this year with their QB controversy, I expect to see the same disappointment from a couple years ago

Football1013333
Waterboy

Post by Football1013333 »

Hearing the Freshman Quarterback is looking at a chance to start after that 7 on 7.... That sounds promising!!!

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

morganjones wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:30 am Is the QB situation “the elephant in the room?”

Down here in Gallia County, we keep hearing that we should expect to see the Rookie as the starting QB before mid-season...
I don't think that will happen. Icenhower is the guy no matter how well he plays. So far he has been looking really good. I see them running the ball a lot anyway with the group of backs they have. The 'rookie' hasn't been getting many reps at QB but when he does play he looks real good. He will be fun to watch in the years to come. It looks like he may be playing defense and some at receiver. His time will come.

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

Mel Kiper wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 am There is no way Jackson is winning more than 5 games this year with their QB controversy, I expect to see the same disappointment from a couple years ago
There is no QB controversy. Icenhower is the man.

Todd McShay
Waterboy

Post by Todd McShay »

I’m hearing the same. The Rookie is making eyes turn and already has D-1 looks. The rookie has a chance to start. Icenhower is on thin ice.

Mel Kiper
Waterboy

Post by Mel Kiper »

I think in respect to icenhower he's the best overall QB seeing how he has multiple D1 offers being g at his 5'10" stature

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I know the young QB pretty well, folks. He’s legit on all levels.

But I can’t see him displacing the three-year starter.

Mel Kiper
Waterboy

Post by Mel Kiper »

Putting a freshman in for a tough schedule like Jackson's could be disastrous

Todd McShay
Waterboy

Post by Todd McShay »

Mel Kiper wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:27 am Putting a freshman in for a tough schedule like Jackson's could be disastrous
The Rookie would perform just as good as Icenhower. The schedule favors The rookie play style better.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Quit with the QB controversy talk. That’s the last thing this team needs is a bunch of soap opera drama heading into August. The 3yr starter is the man as of now and if something would happen then there’s someone to immediately step up. Sounds like coach Andy hall knows what he’s doing. don’t create something or a distraction for them. they don’t need it.
Stick to business boys.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:05 am Quit with the QB controversy talk. That’s the last thing this team needs is a bunch of soap opera drama heading into August. The 3yr starter is the man as of now and if something would happen then there’s someone to immediately step up. Sounds like coach Andy hall knows what he’s doing. don’t create something or a distraction for them. they don’t need it.
Stick to business boys.
Agreed!

Return to “Football”