Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2019-20 ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2019-20 ...

Post by Ironman92 »

Chillicothe just took it to Trotwood Madison

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:20 pm Chillicothe just took it to Trotwood Madison
... Coach Huffer's Cavs are making it hard to keep the Pre-Season #1 in the Elite 8 rankings under wraps for the July reveal LOL ... excellent TEAM ... AND if they are getting quality minutes from the 6,7,8 role players (which has been suggested) ??? even staying D1 - they will be a handful for ANYONE...

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

My top 8 after the summer season. * I did not get to see Peake or Peebles*..

1- Chillicothe - Look the part and play the part. Solid Nucleus that will win a lot of games. Role players will decide how far they go.
2- Zane Trace - Return a lot from a solid campaign and have one of the best in Cam. The core didn't play much in the summer ?
3- Logan Elm - open looks were rare against these guys. and can score in bunches. One of the best all around teams I saw this summer.
4- Jackson - Very Similar to Logan Elm. Have one of the best Pg's in SEO. Can Score in bunches if you lose focus.
5- Waverly- has a great combo of size and athleticism. will win a lot of games by a bunch of points, but depth concerns me against top competition.
6- Adena - a bunch of returners that are battle tested. Losing Fout will hurt more than some think.
7- FU - Harrah will be a handful with a couple of other pieces that will win some games. just not enough firepower or depth to win it all.
8- Sheridan - Athleticism and toughness should scare most of their opponents. If shots fall they will be tough again.

I look for ZT and Waverly/Adena to battle it out for D3. Jackson and Logan Elm for D2

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

football life wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:21 pm My top 8 after the summer season. * I did not get to see Peake or Peebles*..

1- Chillicothe - Look the part and play the part. Solid Nucleus that will win a lot of games. Role players will decide how far they go.
2- Zane Trace - Return a lot from a solid campaign and have one of the best in Cam. The core didn't play much in the summer ?
3- Logan Elm - open looks were rare against these guys. and can score in bunches. One of the best all around teams I saw this summer.
4- Jackson - Very Similar to Logan Elm. Have one of the best Pg's in SEO. Can Score in bunches if you lose focus.
5- Waverly- has a great combo of size and athleticism. will win a lot of games by a bunch of points, but depth concerns me against top competition.
6- Adena - a bunch of returners that are battle tested. Losing Fout will hurt more than some think.
7- FU - Harrah will be a handful with a couple of other pieces that will win some games. just not enough firepower or depth to win it all.
8- Sheridan - Athleticism and toughness should scare most of their opponents. If shots fall they will be tough again.

I look for ZT and Waverly/Adena to battle it out for D3. Jackson and Logan Elm for D2
... good group of teams in your top 8 football life ! ... North Adams, Peebles, Eastern Brown, Wheelersburg, Alexander, Meigs, Chesapeake, Ironton, Fairland will be players in the rankings as well ...

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

football life wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:21 pm My top 8 after the summer season. * I did not get to see Peake or Peebles*..

For Adena, losing Foglesong will be gigantic as well. Four carried them to the Regionals, but Foglesong battled inside all year and tournament. Without much experience beyond the 5 juniors, they could really struggle on the interior without the 2 seniors who played last year.

They’ll still be really good, but I can’t see them competing with ZT it the Pioneers use their inside advantage.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

And Waverly is still D2

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

HamPorter wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:51 pm And Waverly is still D2

My bad there.. Just slide Waverly over there to compete with Jackson and Logan Elm. Waverly is as talented as anyone but I think lack some depth. I remember a Adena player that was a nice inside presence but couldn't remember his name. You are correct he will be missed as well!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Where are the preseason rankings? Did i miss them?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

1. Chillicothe
2. U
3. N
4. I
5. O
6. T
7. O
8. Zane Trace

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:28 pm 1. Chillicothe
2. Zane Trace
3. Chesapeake
4. Alexander
5. New Boston
6. Trimble
7. Jackson
8. Adena

Unioto will improve, even though size will likely remain an issue. Logan Elm and Fairfield Union will be really good out of the MSL. Sheridan will still be good, but will have to replace a lot of scoring and ballhandling. I like what North Adams has coming back.

McClain will still have 3 really nice pieces (Mischal, Badgley, Banks) but little depth. Piketon loses a lot, but have been really solid at the JV level for a couple years and having Mathews healthy will provide them a load inside.
Chesapeake lost their big kid Archer

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Chesapeake not only lost Eli Archer, but starting wing Tylan Hutchison. The Panthers will still be good, but those are two big losses for the Peake.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... almost ready to post the Pre-Season Elite 8 for 2019-20 ! I have them ranked 1-72 ... it's saved as a draft ... look for a Sunday 8pm release for the Pre-Season rankings ... tweaking it as I post ...

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:48 pm ... almost ready to post the Pre-Season Elite 8 for 2019-20 ! I have them ranked 1-72 ... it's saved as a draft ... look for a Sunday 8pm release for the Pre-Season rankings ... tweaking it as I post ...
Thats just rude!!! stop the tweaking and just post! that way all of us keyboard warriors can do the tweaking for you! the anticipation over the weekend is gonna drive me to drink,... more!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

football life wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:19 am
pfloyd wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:48 pm ... almost ready to post the Pre-Season Elite 8 for 2019-20 ! I have them ranked 1-72 ... it's saved as a draft ... look for a Sunday 8pm release for the Pre-Season rankings ... tweaking it as I post ...
Thats just rude!!! stop the tweaking and just post! that way all of us keyboard warriors can do the tweaking for you! the anticipation over the weekend is gonna drive me to drink,... more!
... Just finished the final tweaking ! ... all 72 teams are ranked and accounted for (which in the past I HAVE been known to leave off one or two inadvertently) ... imo they look to be good starting points for ALL of the teams based on what they have coming back, the summer season "eye test", transfers making an impact, coaching changes/new systems, etc.

... going to be fun to see/read the opinions of the masses ... Sunday 8pm ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Is it 8pm yet ???? I know it's 5 o'clock somewhere but is it 8 pm somewhere ??? just sayin'

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Please remember that the Pre-Season Elite 8 rankings are ONLY a starting point for the teams in SEOhio ... I tried my best to rank them as close to where I believe they stand "right now" before they take the court - returning players, coaches, summer ball performances, injury question marks , transfers in and out ... as always it's far easier to rank the top half of the 72 teams than it is to rank the bottom half ... those teams in the lower half DO GET looked at ! WILL move up based on their on court performance vs league/nonleague opponents ... in the end by the time the regular season finishes up WE should have the most deserving Elite 8 in SE Ohio in the slots they earned based on performance/strength of schedule/my own eye test performance evaluations comparing the top teams with each other and comparing all other teams to the top teams in SE Ohio ... Looking forward to seeing how close the committee is/was with the Preseason rankings vs the final End of the regular season rankings ... a little less that 7 hours to go ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season ...

1. Chillicothe
2. North Adams
3. Zane Trace
4. Jackson
5. Fairfield Union
6. Peebles
7. Warren
8. Sheridan

... Treehugger Wannabees ...

9. Logan Elm
10. Fairland
11. New Boston
12. Trimble
13. Eastern Brown
14. Adena
15. Wheelersburg
16. Alexander
17. Ironton
18. Logan
19. Unioto
20. Meigs
21. Greenfield McClain
22. Waverly
23. Chesapeake
24. South Point
25. Lynchburg Clay
26. Oak Hill
27. Whiteoak
28. Vinton County
29. Circleville
30. Portsmouth
31. Athens
32. Crooksville
33. Lucasville Valley
34. New Lexington
35. Piketon
36. Fairfield Leesburg
37. Washington CH
38. Coal Grove
39. Federal Hocking
40. Gaillia Academy
41. Hillsboro
42. Western Pike
43. Paint Valley
44. Miami Trace
45. Marietta
46. Minford
47. Nelsonville York
48. Waterford
49. West Union
50. St. Joseph
51. South Gallia
52. Southern
53. Symmes Valley
54. Green
55. Belpre
56. Portsmouth West
57. Wellston
58. Westfall
59. Rock Hill
60. River Valley
61. Reedsville Eastern
62. Eastern Pike
63. Southeastern
64. Manchester
65. Portsmouth Clay
66. Huntington
67. Miller
68. South Webster
69. Portsmouth Notre Dame
70. Portsmouth East
71. Wahama
72. Northwest

... let the beatings begin !!!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

St. Joe huge sleeper. I can see them finishing 2nd in the SOC1 or five Glenwood a run. Northwest wasn't bad when I seen them. They had height. May not get may wins in the SOC2 but could win a few non conference games if they didn't load up.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

We need to get the schedules together so we can do some o/u on wins for each team.

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Webster, Pike and Clay way down preseason.

Michael Scott

Return to “Boys Basketball”