Bands

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Re: Bands

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:14 pm Lancaster definitely has one of the nicest bands around. Amanda's is always great.

There were a few years where we had only six in the band. Now we have about 15 high schoolers and 15 from the junior high band that team up on Friday nights.

One of the coolest I've seen was Grove City Christian, where they only had like nine but they performed sort of like a jazz ensemble. Guitar, drums, xylophone. Good stuff.

Berne Union has probably one of the more impressive bands for D7 sized schools around.
What school had 30 in it? So does grove city still have a small band?
Last edited by Buckeyes8989 on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Always enjoyed Vinton County’s Marching band back when Piketon played the Vikings.

Jackson
Johnstown Monroe
Kenton Ridge (Springfield Area)
Very big and very good bands

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:57 pm Always enjoyed Vinton County’s Marching band back when Piketon played the Vikings.

Jackson
Johnstown Monroe
Kenton Ridge (Springfield Area)
Very big and very good bands
VC will be up to 98 members this fall. The largest band I can ever remember at Vinton County.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Grove City always had a great band. The band plays between almost every play.
For the school size Grandview Hts has a large band. This year will be marching 104 members with no field commanders, baton or flag troup. All members play instruments.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:06 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:04 pm Big or small, Friday nights wouldn't be the same without them.
amen to that, logan always had an awesome band as well. very precision. as well as Jackson's ironmen.
"Big, Loud, Proud, and Pleasin’ the Crowd"

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Back in the 90s GA routinely marched 120+....which is huge for a D3 corps style band.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:39 pm Back in the 90s GA routinely marched 120+....which is huge for a D3 corps style band.
Last year Gallia had the Death March Halftime Show....wasn’t for me

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:56 pm folks we saw the fighting tigers play Belfry, ky. one time and I'm thinking they had like 8/9. and it's a huge district. the bleachers are all on one side. and it's just concrete ledges you sat on at the old stadium. their new facility is awesome and spacious. but the old stadium was crazy.you had to walk forever to get to the bleachers and bathrooms. I think the pirates band had 8/9 people that year. they came out and played I think'' you ain't nothing but a hound dog'' and left. i'll never forget one time they were honoring seniors, and they had these paper things for each player to run through. and this one senior hit it and stopped dead in his tracks. it was a hoot. he grabbed the top and ripped it open. kid you not about something else as well. the 1st couple times we played belfry away. there was one endzone to the right side of the field. and there must have been 50 Harleys setting just feet from the bounds line. when ironton got past the 50, they fired up the Harleys. and revved them up. it went on the whole game, dangest thing I ever saw. the bleachers were all on one side, and the other side was a block wall. it was down in a bowl anyway, and it bounced off all that concrete and had no where to go. coach lutz was livid. and when you pulled into the old stadium to park, people just got to the stadium and parked right in the highway. literally and walked to the stadium. all in all, it was an awesome experience. one you'll never forget. the new stadium is an awesome facility though. our 1st trip there there was a detour, and you were dtoured onto roads that were not much more than logging roads. I kid you not, there was heavy equipment operating overtop of you, and boulders rolling across the road and flying down the hill. I think they turned an ironton bus over there one time. at least that's what I was told. I had heard about vehicle vandalization. and I had just bought a brand new chevy conversion van at don hall Chevrolet in Ashland, ky. and there was like 9 of us in the van. my temporary tag had ran out just before. and I had the hardplates in the van. I took a sharpie and changed the 6 to an 8, so it would still have a ky. temp tag. after we left I stopped at a gas station and changed them out. if I'm lyin I'm dyin. figured if something was going to be vandalized it would have an ohio tag on it.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

bsee12345 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:32 pm Grove City always had a great band. The band plays between almost every play.
For the school size Grandview Hts has a large band. This year will be marching 104 members with no field commanders, baton or flag troup. All members play instruments.
Wow that’s crazy

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

Who has the biggest football team but the smallest band? Any teams with band with under 20 members in it?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:09 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:04 pm Big or small, Friday nights wouldn't be the same without them.
amen to that, logan always had an awesome band as well. very precision. as well as Jackson's ironmen.

they are certainly a spectacle. and I love that royal purple trench.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes Lancaster was another huge band that would bring it. I remember a game at Lancaster's homecoming where Lancaster was ranked like 2/3 in div. 1 and ironton went in there and pulled a custer's land stand on them. the tigers flat destroyed them. before the game the Lancaster band was marching across that bridge, there were floats, n cars. the whole shebang. and we had to wait for them to cross to get to the stadium. it was like an army battalion. and they were very good. the restrooms were all on the home side. I remember walking in them at the 1/2 to pee. and the Lancaster people were in shock. they were like where in the he-- is ironton and just how big is ironton. I'm like hey guys we're d4, you could have heared a pin drop. that stopped that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:37 am yes Lancaster was another huge band that would bring it. I remember a game at Lancaster's homecoming where Lancaster was ranked like 2/3 in div. 1 and ironton went in there and pulled a custer's land stand on them. the tigers flat destroyed them. before the game the Lancaster band was marching across that bridge, there were floats, n cars. the whole shebang. and we had to wait for them to cross to get to the stadium. it was like an army battalion. and they were very good. the restrooms were all on the home side. I remember walking in them at the 1/2 to pee. and the Lancaster people were in shock. they were like where in the he-- is ironton and just how big is ironton. I'm like hey guys we're d4, you could have heared a pin drop. that stopped that.
What year was that, Bait? :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:09 pm

Trench as we have talked before...…….The night That Jackson Logan and Ohio University Bands were together in Logan for a Jackson/Logan football game if I am not mistaken at 3-0 halftime brutal battle the coaches could not talk loud enough to make adjustments!!!! It was something to hear and since that night I am not sure I have experienced such a halftime show of a high school football game.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:32 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:37 am yes Lancaster was another huge band that would bring it. I remember a game at Lancaster's homecoming where Lancaster was ranked like 2/3 in div. 1 and ironton went in there and pulled a custer's land stand on them. the tigers flat destroyed them. before the game the Lancaster band was marching across that bridge, there were floats, n cars. the whole shebang. and we had to wait for them to cross to get to the stadium. it was like an army battalion. and they were very good. the restrooms were all on the home side. I remember walking in them at the 1/2 to pee. and the Lancaster people were in shock. they were like where in the he-- is ironton and just how big is ironton. I'm like hey guys we're d4, you could have heared a pin drop. that stopped that.
What year was that, Bait? :lol:

1986 Bob Lutz 10-1-0

Ironton Opp
Coshocton (A) 15 6
Russell KY (A) 34 6
Portsmouth (A) 27 0
Boyd County KY (H) 20 6
Ashland KY (H) 42 0
Huntington High WV (H) 48 14
Lancaster (A) 41 14
Greenup County KY (H) 26 14
Cincinnati C.A.P.E. (H) 21 14
Dayton Jefferson (A) 14 13

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Lancaster had a huge loud band back then. I went to a playoff game in Mansfield with my nephew in 1989 I think. We went down to OU earlier that day to watch Ironton battle Orrville in their playoff game then made the trip straight up to Mansfield .They were playing Fremont Ross that year against Charles Woodson's brother Terry Carter. Terry was a heck of a running back BTW. Anyway the Blue and Gold Band sounded like the OU Marching 110 that night playing their fight song. They nothing like that now. Still good but not like that. They more of a dance musical band now. Back then they was military I think

Return to “Football”