Scrimmage Results

Izladoom
All State

Re: Scrimmage Results

Post by Izladoom »

2quick2catch wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:57 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:07 pm
Izladoom wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:59 pm valley was able to move the ball on ironton when they was in shotgun and spread ironton a defense out I don’t see anyone lining up in a power formation and moving the ball on them it’s been awhile since I have seen a team have that kind of size probably not since valley played Kenton in the playoffs

Valley has never played Kenton.
Probably meant Kirkland.
Yeah I did I was kinda distracted while posting

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:35 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:51 pm Any word on Ironton/Valley scrimmage?
Ironton scored 3 times on their first 10 play series. A long run and 2 long passes. Valley had trouble moving the ball but did score 1 time. Ironton seemed like they was really wanting to work on the passing game, most of their big plays came from the passing game. Valley had a freshman playing safety and they had trouble defending the pass. I think Ironton scored 5 times all together.
Ur right on scrimmages, they mean nothing and scores too. Scrimmages for good teams work on what plays they need to with 11 defenders to get better. It’s hard to work on those plays against ur jv team but against 11 starters from another team lets them work harder and to get it down before game 1 of the season. Ironton during lutz years only ran plays they needed to work on and never showed anything else. Like burg, Portsmouth etc. i believe Pendleton is doing the same. This is only my opinion. But any good teams do this as I’ve watched many scrimmages in the last 30 years. Hope it helped both teams as I will be watching couple game for both teams this season.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:59 pm valley was able to move the ball on ironton when they was in shotgun and spread ironton a defense out I don’t see anyone lining up in a power formation and moving the ball on them it’s been awhile since I have seen a team have that kind of size probably not since valley played Kenton in the playoffs
Then you haven’t watched Ironton thru the years!! Ironton for years has had big lines and Portsmouth too. Ironton and Portsmouth in the 90’s and early 2000’s had college size lines and tighten their chin straps for a lot of up front physical games. It all started up front with size and strength. Ole You’re Tiger Bait can tell ya!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:00 am
Bobbbbbb wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:14 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:05 pm

Yeah agree , The talk all over the area has been ironton ironton ironton. All D1 backfield , top linebacker in the nation , ect . Teams are waiting for this huge challenge.
I heard the New England Patriots were wanting to scrimmage them too, but, backed out at the last minute fearing Brady might get hurt at his age playing against Ironton's stellar defense! Wow, even talking about the Tigers way up there in Foxborough! :shock:
bobby, you may want to read some of my posts over. I ain't once made these lofty claims.

You’re Tiger Bait is a true Tiger fan for years but one thing about him he will tell the truth if it for his Tigers or the other team they play! He gives credit where credit is do. He also has gave many players that played against his Tigers praise when they do great against his Fighting Tigers.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Is the ovc doing a preview this year

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

victor creed wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:09 pm Is the ovc doing a preview this year
Yes. Saturday in Ironton. Starts at 5 with Portsmouth vs Fairland, 6 is south point vs Chesapeake, 7 is gallia vs Rock hill. 8 is Ironton vs coal grove

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Is the preview considered a scrimmage. Not trying to stir anything but I thought teams were only allowed 2 scrimmages. Maybe there is no limit but there will be some ovc teams with 2 scrimmages plus this preview before week one. Can someone set me straight on if there is a rule what the rule is. Etc.

Jokerswild
Riding the Bench

Post by Jokerswild »

Vinton County and Philo scrimmage
If I remember right philo won the scoring 2-0 with varsity.
Vinton County had a couple nice drives but turned the ball over on a couple interceptions.
Philo had a couple good drives that led to scores. Overall looks like the cobwebs and rust need shaken off.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

victor creed wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:40 pm Is the preview considered a scrimmage. Not trying to stir anything but I thought teams were only allowed 2 scrimmages. Maybe there is no limit but there will be some ovc teams with 2 scrimmages plus this preview before week one. Can someone set me straight on if there is a rule what the rule is. Etc.
Two scrimmages are permitted. The Jamboree game is a permissible third preseason contest that schools pay to conduct. The fee from Jamboree games helps offset the catastrophic accident insurance that the OHSAA pays for each year. Schools are permitted to charge admission and the idea is to play according to all normal rules.

A "preview" is essentially the same as a scrimmage. The only way to have a third preseason contest is by conducting a Jamboree. If a school elects to only have two preseason contests, it can be any combination of scrimmage, preview, and/or Jamboree. But a team could not have two scrimmages and a "preview."

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:04 pm Waterford struggles vs Barnesville and Caldwell. Barnesville has a nice team very good skill guys. Caldwell scored once on Waterford. Barnesville was the best team scored 3 times.
Yea, Waterford looks down this year. It'll be a three horse race for the TVC Hocking if Belpre can step up with Eastern and Trimble.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:28 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:04 pm Waterford struggles vs Barnesville and Caldwell. Barnesville has a nice team very good skill guys. Caldwell scored once on Waterford. Barnesville was the best team scored 3 times.
Yea, Waterford looks down this year. It'll be a three horse race for the TVC Hocking if Belpre can step up with Eastern and Trimble.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yea, a three horse race it is. :lol: :lol: :lol: It might be a race for who can score against Trumble after they put the JV defense in, but the "race" for the Hocking title will be akin to a snail racing a cheetah. Trumble being the cheetah and AYO's being the snail. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Thank you Enigmaax

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest vs Zane Trace . In Varsity Northwest scored 3 times Zane Trace didn't score.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:17 pm Northwest vs Zane Trace . In Varsity Northwest scored 3 times Zane Trace didn't score.
Your kidding? Northwest that good or ZT down?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Rocket Booster
Riding the Bench

Post by Rocket Booster »

Wellston and Rock Hill varsity each scored a touchdown. Good scrimmage for both teams. I liked the diversity and tempo for Wellston. JV teams showed talent. Some penalties and turnovers on both sides, to be expected at this point.

Mohawk1234
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk1234 »

mattash wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:08 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:17 pm Northwest vs Zane Trace . In Varsity Northwest scored 3 times Zane Trace didn't score.
Northwest also only had three offensive possessions with varsity. Zane Trace kept varsity in for two or three additional possessions against northwest jv before eventually punching one in.

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

Rocket Booster wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:56 pm Wellston and Rock Hill varsity each scored a touchdown. Good scrimmage for both teams. I liked the diversity and tempo for Wellston. JV teams showed talent. Some penalties and turnovers on both sides, to be expected at this point.
Thought Wellston looked like the much better team tonight to be honest.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest will be better this year. They will be young at a lot of positions. Their definitely heading in the right direction.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Break up the Mohawks?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

sportsfan2015 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:48 pm
Rocket Booster wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:56 pm Wellston and Rock Hill varsity each scored a touchdown. Good scrimmage for both teams. I liked the diversity and tempo for Wellston. JV teams showed talent. Some penalties and turnovers on both sides, to be expected at this point.
Thought Wellston looked like the much better team tonight to be honest.
Wellston ran the no huddle very well. They may surprise some in the TVC.

Return to “Football”