THE trademark

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: THE trademark

Post by OHHS old timer »

Welcome back...inspector/general.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bammer

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

OHHS old timer wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:00 pm Welcome back...inspector/general.
Thanks man!!!....

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:10 pmBammer
Logan HOMER

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ohio University 1804, Ohio A&M 1870 (changed to OSU 1873). Case closed. It just goes to show that being in the middle of the state and in the capital city will eventually bring more students, money, power and acclaim. This ball just got rolling 25 or so years ago on this stupid THE and It's crazy. It was Ok when Jesse Owens wore OHIO on his jersey decades ago, when Woody Hayes and his players when signing autographs would add the quote "Yea, Ohio" and such. Nobody cared or thought about THE. Everyone knows who OSU is and it's just another power grab for more dollars...... and some people can't figure out why others around the USA hate the bucks. The politicians call that bullying.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Omega wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:45 pm Having dabbled in public relations in the hospital field, I know how important it is to control your brand or image through trademarks or copyrights. This effort on "The" however is embarrassing and actually damages the brand of OSU.
What did you make of our hero Urban saying the Swamp was the best atmosphere in college football the other day ? Maybe this "THE" BS even peed him off a little :shock: :lol:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:17 pm
Omega wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:45 pm Having dabbled in public relations in the hospital field, I know how important it is to control your brand or image through trademarks or copyrights. This effort on "The" however is embarrassing and actually damages the brand of OSU.
What did you make of our hero Urban saying the Swamp was the best atmosphere in college football the other day ? Maybe this "THE" BS even peed him off a little :shock: :lol:
Bolt,

The honest truth is that the game day experience sucks at Ohio Stadium. One rare occasion does the crowd get loud or rowdy. I have had the privilege of seeing games at most of the Big10 and SEC venues plus Clemson. The southern game day experience is one of excitement. The northern experience reflects midwest sensibilities and gray hair fans who shout down in front. Of course I resemble that remark.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

And to enhance the game day experience at the Shoe, OSU announces they will have a DJ spinning tunes in the stadium. For me, somethings are just wrong.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... nk-refills

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Omega wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:19 pm
Bolt,

The honest truth is that the game day experience sucks at Ohio Stadium. One rare occasion does the crowd get loud or rowdy. I have had the privilege of seeing games at most of the Big10 and SEC venues plus Clemson. The southern game day experience is one of excitement. The northern experience reflects midwest sensibilities and gray hair fans who shout down in front. Of course I resemble that remark.
No truer statement Omega. I've also been to the Shoe and stadiums down south. No comparison !!!!! (Even watching and listening even on tv you can hear the difference even though there are smaller stadiums down South. A completely different vibe and It's been that way forever.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:19 pm
Bolt,

I agree to an extent. It depends on the opponent. If you go to the games vs Michigan, Penn st, MSU, Nebraska and the better non conference games (Texas, USC, Oklahoma) the environment is as good as any place in the country. The Game is the absolute best.

If you watch them against no names, it's a sleeper. But I've been to SEC games and its the same way.

The problem at OSU is $$$. Only the stiffs can afford good seats these days. Most of Huntington Club never get off their @as the entire game. Just a bunch of old people with money.

Return to “College Sports”