Gallia Academy 14 - 13 Point Pleasant (WV)

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: WK3 Point Pleasant (0-0) @ Gallia Academy (2-0 0-0) "BATTLE OF THE BRIDGE"

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

We've got a dandy down in the Swamp!
14-13 GA leads, with about 3 minutes to go in the game!

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

TURNOVER ON DOWNS! Blue Devils take over with 1:20 remaining!

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Gallia Academy 14
Point Pleasant 13

FINAL SCORE

svac83
SE

Re: Point Pleasant 13 Gallia Academy 14 "BATTLE OF THE BRIDGE"

Post by svac83 »

Hope number 26 for point ok. Him getting hurt was a big turning point in game.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

svac83 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:09 pm
THEbuckeyes wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:25 am I think this will be a great game prob the best one of the week around the Tri State. I think GAHS has a good D and are bigger up front and faster than Point overall. The key to this one does the GAHS offence cord. call a good game. When put in big game situations he normally goes to a QB option when your QB isn't your best option..... He needs to look at the numbers in the box and find one on one matchups and exploit them. Last year when they played Licking Valley multiple times Licking Valley was playing two Dbs wide side of field in a zone coverage with GAHS having three wide to that side its a simple flare pass you have two blockers which happened to be #6 and #34 with #3 to catch and run. I like those numbers to pick up min 5 yards per try. But GAHS instead ran the read play to an overfilled box in the second haft......I am not saying GAHS would have beat Licking Valley but I think this would have made them a lot closer and made them work for it.
I disagree with like 95% of this post. if you look at third downs last year gallia went to a jumbo formation and handed to a running back almost every time. I also think if you were a regular watcher of this team over last year everyone realized that our shotgun snaps form center were incredibly slow and we had a QB who did not have a quick release. we had very little success against any team with that play. it is not something we did well. I agree we should of been really good at it but weren't. in most games most of our games both running backs had more carries then the QB.

The offensive coordinator gets a bad wrap for calling a play way to often that i agree was ran way to often for years. But if you understand football and this team and what was going on was this team was not capable of blocking almost any play many years. so that was the safest play not to get kids killed. i can also tell you that during the years before Penrod came. Even though this coach was the offensive coordinator and put in the game plan for each game all week long. The head coach called all the plays on Friday nights.

We can agree to disagree I watched 5 or 6 of there games last year..... I have a pretty above average knowledge of football playing through high school and college..... been in plenty of film rooms to watch little details I agree his release was slow esp for a 4 year starter someone should have changed that and helped him figure that out before he was a sr I would think the OC would have done that they had a tight relationship ....But you ask anyone who Knows football and if you have a 3 on 2 matchup with your skill players on the wide side of the field you better take it every time vs running into a 8 man in the box front with a team that is bigger quicker and stronger in the trenches. That was just a small thing I was pointing out. That was the point I was making..... if you were at the game tonight you scene a lot of things that doesn’t make sense also. Like #3 on a 4th and 3 sweep with two men pulling plus a motion man leading and going to narrow side..... with the fastest kid on the field. Also the routes were there for passing but we need to get it out of the QBs hand much quicker they are open in the 3-4 second area when they should be but he is rolling and looking for about 51/2 seconds and almost picked on a couple occasions just because he was late. The one thing we can deff agree on is technique is what is lacking with the receivers routes and the QBs timing, feet, and release need a ton of work.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Gallia Academy 14 - 13 Point Pleasant (WV)

Post by mattash »

Gallia Academy 14 - 13 Point Pleasant (WV)

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Re: Point Pleasant 13 Gallia Academy 14 "BATTLE OF THE BRIDGE"

Post by 645945 »

What a game good job by both teams. It is so nice to have a good kicker back in play. Again a big difference in this game was our kicker. Defense took a couple series to wake up but once they did they were tough. I also know #26 going down was a tremendous loss to the big blacks In This game. Point had other capable runners but none that were his level. The d-line did a tremendous job up front. Next up Chesapeake.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Good game. But, too many dropped passes, and please get the punt team on the same page.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Sounds like another very good. Glad to see Ohio leave with the win.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

The buckeyes I agree with a lot of your last statement but have a little different take on it. I personally think we are trying to spread the field too much with our offensive alignments. To me that makes are speed much easier to defend. Because we are already putting defenders all across the field so they don’t have to pursue us here. As far as the QB and being late goes I think we need to Taylor the offense to what he does best. Right now the kid seems to be waiting to see it before he throws it and we all know your going to be late every time when you do that. That is why I think we need to put in some timing routes especially early in the game and have him throw to spots. I think this would help the kid a ton and the offense.

Besides that we need more then 2 offensive players we have a lot of threats but really are only getting production out of 2 athletes. But I think the offense will evolve and be ok. But we are 1/3 of the way through the season. We have not had one QB run and we haven’t thrown any or maybe one play action pass.

On that one last note I do understand our two big touch down runs were because point had the defense spread out edge to edge and once we broke through first line no one there to stop him so I get the irony. I guess I am saying is we need to mix formations more.

And dropped passes killing us.

Defensively I think we got lucky. Not that we’re a bad defense but I think only giving up 13 had more to do with points inability to adjust to there injuries then us shutting them down.

If we are not going to do either. Then we don’t need to be running slow developing plays that allow for those to be options.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

But all and all it is a win and I think we have gotten a little better every week we just need to keep it up.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

svac83

I totally agree with your last post! I totally believe the offence should make the D mold and change to what the O wants it too and when the O gets the D where they want it then they exploit it and when they fix it the O adjust and makes them pay. Its just how todays game is played. I also agree with the fact they have a lot of players that should be getting touches.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Rvfan wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:04 pm I'm going with Point by whatever they want it to be. We sat behind their coaches at the GA/RV game. When they left at the 2nd quarter, told them good luck, and to beat them for us, said no problem, they aren't worried about anyone or anything GA has.
Lol. How did that work out for you?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

MR305 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:32 pm
Rvfan wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:04 pm I'm going with Point by whatever they want it to be. We sat behind their coaches at the GA/RV game. When they left at the 2nd quarter, told them good luck, and to beat them for us, said no problem, they aren't worried about anyone or anything GA has.
His butt still hurts from last week’s game.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Great win for the Blue!! Definitely very fortunate to walk away 3-0. Defense played great minus a cpl drives. Hopefully we learned a lesson in tackling shoulder pads though. When we get low and tackle through guys our defense has punished ball carriers.

Offensively our biggest problem may be our largest attribute, weapons. At some point in the season I imagine we will need more physicality out of our skill guys, especially given most of the corners and safeties we will see are 2 way players. If you smack those guys in the mouth when they are on defense it usually pays off when they are on offense. We have a few guys capable of making physical plays with the ball in their hand that arent getting touches. Roberts collided with a Pt safety last night and the young man from Pt didnt play with the same aggression the rest of the game on either side of the ball.

Somehow we have to figure out our timing on the jet sweep and handing it off to James. We have yet to complete the first quarter where the other team didnt know if the jet was a fake or getting the ball. Way too easy to read. Second half against Meigs we ran it inside the QB and the timing was good?? The D brings more than we can block but they arent guessing, they know. I have faith we will evolve.

As far as the QB. Young man has started 3 varsity football games. Lead his team to victory in all three. Played behind an iron horse last year so he didnt see any meaningful action. When the ball comes out way faster than the arm moves the mechanics must not be too bad. He has missed a few and he knew it way before any of us did and will learn from it. I agree that some diversity and technical work with the receivers would help. And playaction seems a no brainer given nobody is more than 7 yards off the ball against us most plays due to keying on James. He has also thrown some very confident balls this year and been on the money more than the stats show. The reads are getting quicker. It will all slow down some soon for him.

First two weeks i held out hope that we were just not showing our hand offensively, and maybe so, but as of now the D knows whats coming, especially in our run game. Im just talking out loud though because I know these coaches definitely see more than all of us combined and will be ready every Friday night.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

As a GA grad, I would have been glad that they won, but my kids go to RV, so that is my loyalty now. And the GA of today isn't the same school I went to. That being said, if Point hadn't had their star rb taken out in a squad and they didn't have 1st game mistakes the every team gets, like the kicker shanking a kick that would have tied it, it would have been a different story, best of luck at Chesapeake, your going to need it.

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

Rvfan wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:14 pm
As a GA grad, I would have been glad that they won, but my kids go to RV, so that is my loyalty now. And the GA of today isn't the same school I went to. That being said, if Point hadn't had their star rb taken out in a squad and they didn't have 1st game mistakes the every team gets, like the kicker shanking a kick that would have tied it, it would have been a different story, best of luck at Chesapeake, your going to need it.
Obviously you are butt sore because your child's team is having another bad year. Oh, and by the way Chesapeake is at Gallia next week. I don't think we need any luck with that one. Gallia will win big next week! You probably seen where they won big last night and think they have something. They played Symmes Valley. Enough said!

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

JChipwood wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:20 pm Great win for the Blue!! Definitely very fortunate to walk away 3-0. Defense played great minus a cpl drives. Hopefully we learned a lesson in tackling shoulder pads though. When we get low and tackle through guys our defense has punished ball carriers.

Offensively our biggest problem may be our largest attribute, weapons. At some point in the season I imagine we will need more physicality out of our skill guys, especially given most of the corners and safeties we will see are 2 way players. If you smack those guys in the mouth when they are on defense it usually pays off when they are on offense. We have a few guys capable of making physical plays with the ball in their hand that arent getting touches. Roberts collided with a Pt safety last night and the young man from Pt didnt play with the same aggression the rest of the game on either side of the ball.

Somehow we have to figure out our timing on the jet sweep and handing it off to James. We have yet to complete the first quarter where the other team didnt know if the jet was a fake or getting the ball. Way too easy to read. Second half against Meigs we ran it inside the QB and the timing was good?? The D brings more than we can block but they arent guessing, they know. I have faith we will evolve.

As far as the QB. Young man has started 3 varsity football games. Lead his team to victory in all three. Played behind an iron horse last year so he didnt see any meaningful action. When the ball comes out way faster than the arm moves the mechanics must not be too bad. He has missed a few and he knew it way before any of us did and will learn from it. I agree that some diversity and technical work with the receivers would help. And playaction seems a no brainer given nobody is more than 7 yards off the ball against us most plays due to keying on James. He has also thrown some very confident balls this year and been on the money more than the stats show. The reads are getting quicker. It will all slow down some soon for him.

First two weeks i held out hope that we were just not showing our hand offensively, and maybe so, but as of now the D knows whats coming, especially in our run game. Im just talking out loud though because I know these coaches definitely see more than all of us combined and will be ready every Friday night.
Couldn’t have said it better myself

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

Btw, what shanked kick are you talking about to tie it up? If you had been there you would have seen that Point didn't shank a kick to tie it up. They attempted a 2 point conversion after their 1st score and was shut down. If you aren't here to encourage these kids go back to an RV post and make more excuses for another below .500 season.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

GA is going to need luck? RV needs luck to win more than 2 games. Doesn’t sound like you graduated from GA or you wouldn’t put down their athletes. Kinda sad if you are Gallia grad. Wish me luck when RV when’s more than 5 games please.

Return to “Football”