Ashland (KY) 16 - 10 Ironton

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Re: Week 4 (3-0) Ironton @ (3-1) Ashland Ky

Post by Tripaces »

I was told if you don’t have haters you aren’t doing enough for looks at all this BS about what kids yes KIDS do in pregame shows a lot of hate and absolutely had nothing to do with the outcome of the game , can’t turn the ball over that many times and beat good teams I see a lot of people saying Ironton got cheated , if they thought Ironton was going to walk into Ashland and get any calls is lost , you have to over come that . Offense has to be better and stop turnovers it’s that simple

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Wished they played again this season. The atmosphere was awesome. Prob one of the top high school games I seen

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I surely hope there was no stomping on a logo at midfield. I don't like hearing that in anyway shape or form. if meeting at midfield is being considered rude and offensive, perhaps they need to rethink it. or at least meet close to but not on a logo. I wasn't there. coach Pendleton is just trying to think of new ways to fire up his team I'm sure. and I think he does a wonderful job. plain and simple turnovers cost us this one. we have to clean that up right away.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TigerFan19
Waterboy

Post by TigerFan19 »

Positives

#1 Kicking Game ... Wow, what a leg. And that accuracy.

#2 Wishbone/ Play Action Pass.. We need an identity on offense. With everyone keying on Reid. I think this may help.

#3 Physicality- no one can match us.

Work on

#1 2 Minute Drill. I think we were excited and nervous but we had 20 seconds left in the game and not quite in field goal range. Why not have a hurry up offense in place. We could of had a couple sneaks with our huge QB instead we spike twice?

#2 Penalty's on coaches. The penalty on the coach after the field goal gave Ashland great postilion to come tie the game.

#3 Fan's being negative. Be honest with yourself. Did you complain about the officials before the game, during the game, on social media? If so your part of the problem of putting it in our kids heads that we have no chance to win do to officials. It makes us sound dumb lol. I understand the grandmas and mothers yelling but come on my dudes.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

TigerFan19 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:40 am Positives

#1 Kicking Game ... Wow, what a leg. And that accuracy.

#2 Wishbone/ Play Action Pass.. We need an identity on offense. With everyone keying on Reid. I think this may help.

#3 Physicality- no one can match us.

Work on

#1 2 Minute Drill. I think we were excited and nervous but we had 20 seconds left in the game and not quite in field goal range. Why not have a hurry up offense in place. We could of had a couple sneaks with our huge QB instead we spike twice?

#2 Penalty's on coaches. The penalty on the coach after the field goal gave Ashland great postilion to come tie the game.

#3 Fan's being negative. Be honest with yourself. Did you complain about the officials before the game, during the game, on social media? If so your part of the problem of putting it in our kids heads that we have no chance to win do to officials. It makes us sound dumb lol. I understand the grandmas and mothers yelling but come on my dudes.
I agree with a lot of what you said. I will add this having a coach on your staff with I don’t know how many years of head coaching experiences doing nothing game day makes no sense to me. Wake up head coach you need his help badly.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Re: Ashland (KY) 16 - 10 Ironton

Post by eagle one »

if any body thinks funny things have never happened in putnam stadium to the tigers you havent been paying attention. bob lutz's teams simply had enough firepower to overcome the hijinks .,,,, as long as the tigers go there, there will be strange happenings with time clocks down markers phantom holding calls etc......

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

burgfella69 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:17 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:26 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:12 pm WOW! Looks like Ironton isn’t the team everyone them out to be
Yeah, ya know, you just hate to see it. Wonder if there is anything Burg could have done different to win week one.. #waydsb
Please quit impersonating me
How am I impersonating you?

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Not sure how a 6 turnover game could be considered a good game. They were mostly mistakes on the offenses part.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

eagle one wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:15 am if any body thinks funny things have never happened in putnam stadium to the tigers you havent been paying attention. bob lutz's teams simply had enough firepower to overcome the hijinks .,,,, as long as the tigers go there, there will be strange happenings with time clocks down markers phantom holding calls etc......

HMMMM!!!
Interesting

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

CHEE-TUD UH-GIN! :roll:

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

goUK wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:06 pm Not sure how a 6 turnover game could be considered a good game. They were mostly mistakes on the offenses part.
I'm surprised there wasn't more fumbles? Both teams were hitting hard and in bunches. Fosson didn't have a chance,they were on him quick. #35 (workman) was on a mission!!

G0 BuCKs
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Anyone think that Ironton got paybacks for what happened to Ashland at Wheelersburg? I heard that they really felt the shaft was put to them there. Someone said that three Ashland TD’s were called back? Yikes!

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

kantucky wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:08 pm Anyone think that Ironton got paybacks for what happened to Ashland at Wheelersburg? I heard that they really felt the shaft was put to them there. Someone said that three Ashland TD’s were called back? Yikes!
Yes. That ironton officiating crew was on a mission!

Trust me. There ain’t a one on that crew that roots for burg but they are the best IMO in the area as far as officiating.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

kantucky wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:08 pm Anyone think that Ironton got paybacks for what happened to Ashland at Wheelersburg? I heard that they really felt the shaft was put to them there. Someone said that three Ashland TD’s were called back? Yikes!
C'mon 'tucky, they were Ironton's "every home game" hometown officiating crew. They were assigned to burg's game. Give them a call and get the real scoop! ;)

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I only saw one TD called back...and they made up for it on one of Ashland's scoring drives late in the game with several no calls for obvious holding directly in front of the official.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

522Pirate wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:36 pm I only saw one TD called back...and they made up for it on one of Ashland's scoring drives late in the game with several no calls for obvious holding directly in front of the official.
It was called back; but to believe as intentional is the absurdity of it all. No one would of said anything about the call if the backside corner could of ran him out of bounds, but because the player reached the end zone,well after the flag was thrown mind you, not the other way around as some believe, people think that it was home cooking.

Blaming officials for a loss is weak minded. It does suck when something is called
/not called or lopsided but generally I believe 99% of officials are out to do the best they can these days.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I agree 100% .... and I saw the comment on the Instagram post about being one of four or whatever TD's called back, but it was made by a kid

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:48 pm
522Pirate wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:36 pm I only saw one TD called back...and they made up for it on one of Ashland's scoring drives late in the game with several no calls for obvious holding directly in front of the official.
It was called back; but to believe as intentional is the absurdity of it all. No one would of said anything about the call if the backside corner could of ran him out of bounds, but because the player reached the end zone,well after the flag was thrown mind you, not the other way around as some believe, people think that it was home cooking.

Blaming officials for a loss is weak minded. It does suck when something is called
/not called or lopsided but generally I believe 99% of officials are out to do the best they can these days.
Anyone that believes officials intentionally try to cheat kids or a team hasn’t officiated or think they’re human for that matter. Things happen fast, and throwing the flag or blowing the whistle is instinctive.
Officiating is recall. Ie: seeing a play, recognizing it’s illegal and then reaction.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Ironton had a few holding penalties that led to punts. The 2 situations that changed the game were. In regulation Ironton gets a huge gain with 20 seconds left. Qb spikes the ball. Clock stops. Ironton breaks the huddle and spikes the ball again and somehow used its only timeout left. So instead of a chance at a few yards extra. They lineup for a kick because there is no timeouts. The kick was lined up perfect but short by a few yards. End of regulation. I don't know what the refs did to not stop the clock everyone was confused. In overtime you get the ball on the 10. first play Carrico 7 or 8 yard gain. So 2nd and 3 goaline. Nah chop block 14 yard penalty. 1st and 24. Ironton passes because of the 24 yards to go, int. Ashland could of chipped in a fg or pounded away, really didn't matter at that point game was decided

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

If you watch the film it was a chop block , left guard hits him high and the center hit him low easy to see easier to call big mistake on the Tigers part

Return to “Football”