Ferguson Northwest
Williams Burg
Campbell Clay

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Jr. High Basketball

Post by mlittle »

Oldtimer wrote:
BigChuck wrote:I think Gallipolis will be pretty strong with the very tall center...he is very skilled at a young age with all that height.
Not sure I agree with the very skilled part, tall yes.
If you don't think this kid is skilled you don't know basketball. He is 6"7 and oh yeah, he's 13! Very skilled to be dealing with those growth issues. He shoots well, has good footwork and can handle the ball, he also is a nightmare for offenses. He will avg 15 blocks a game this year. I seen this kid play AAU this past offseason in the All Ohio organization and he held his own against the best players in the state.

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

I got the chance to watch Valley, West, ND, and Clay play. Call on Valley is a good one, she crashes the boards and strong guard. West has Rigsby, post player. Clay has Campbell and Warnick, Campbell is fun to watch, great post player and can handle the ball, I would like to know how many rebounds that girl pulled down. Warnick is a guard and stood out. ND has Hassel a 7th grader that played guard for 8th. She is small but great ball handler and can shoot the outsiders, not afraid to crash those boards.

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

BigChuck wrote:Who are some of the strong teams in the area?
Now that season is on its way, I have seen a lot of teams play, so far I think Burg, Minford, Symmes Valley, ND, New Boston, and Clay are looking good.

Standouts:
Burg: Williams
Minford: Waters
Symmes Valley: Deere
ND: Hassel
New Boston: Oiler
Clay: Campbell
Valley: Call

Falconfan14
Riding the Bench

Post by Falconfan14 »

Saw Oak hill v. Minford 8th grade tonight. #2 for Oak Hill has to be one of if not the best point guards in the area.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Falconfan14 wrote:Saw Oak hill v. Minford 8th grade tonight. #2 for Oak Hill has to be one of if not the best point guards in the area.
Boys or girls ?

23northbound
Waterboy

Post by 23northbound »

Poo Bear wrote:
Falconfan14 wrote:Saw Oak hill v. Minford 8th grade tonight. #2 for Oak Hill has to be one of if not the best point guards in the area.
Boys or girls ?
I'd say girls. They have a nice guard

23northbound
Waterboy

Post by 23northbound »

#10 for Valley & #2 for Oak Hill both guards are by far the best that I've seen play so far.

reds4life
Waterboy

Post by reds4life »

#10 for Valley would start for their varsity right now. Complete guard with obviously some good coaching along the way.

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

reds4life wrote:#10 for Valley would start for their varsity right now. Complete guard with obviously some good coaching along the way.
Agreed, she is a strong guard. The varsity will benefit from her next year for sure.

23northbound
Waterboy

Post by 23northbound »

RetiredLife wrote:
reds4life wrote:#10 for Valley would start for their varsity right now. Complete guard with obviously some good coaching along the way.
Agreed, she is a strong guard. The varsity will benefit from her next year for sure.[/quote

They will need a true PG with very good court awareness. She will bring that and more. Whoever worked with her has taught her post moves as I witnessed it in a game against Minford, It was pretty impressive.

Brynn_MOnroe
Waterboy

Post by Brynn_MOnroe »

Minford is the team to beat this year in the SOC. Had a tough loss to burg and beat Northwest by 1p9

23northbound
Waterboy

Post by 23northbound »

Brynn_MOnroe wrote:Minford is the team to beat this year in the SOC. Had a tough loss to burg and beat Northwest by 1p9

Agree!

They beat Northwest by 19?

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

Got to watch Clay vs Symmes Valley girls and they are both decent teams. Symmes Valley won 35-29. #25 on Clay is a good ball player. In a few years she is going to be one to follow. Strong and can get in the air!

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

RetiredLife wrote:Got to watch Clay vs Symmes Valley girls and they are both decent teams. Symmes Valley won 35-29. #25 on Clay is a good ball player. In a few years she is going to be one to follow. Strong and can get in the air!
I believe #25 is the Campbell girl. I have got to watch her play over the summer and this season a few times. I don't think I have seen a junior high girl ever have the skills she has as a post player before.

Alwaysanoak
Waterboy

Post by Alwaysanoak »

Oak Hill vs Minford girls tonight. Should be a good game. Minford with 1 loss, Oak Hill with 2

FierballSoftball
Waterboy

Post by FierballSoftball »

RetiredLife wrote:
Agreed, she is a strong guard. The varsity will benefit from her next year for sure.
What is the girls name?

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

Bree Call

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

Almost time for some basketball! Who are the big teams to watch?

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Symmes valley boys should be very solid

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”