Playoff attendance

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Playoff attendance

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

My brother went to the Reedsville Eastern at Newark Catholic game.
He said tickets were now 9 for the first round and in the almost 40 years he has attended football games, this was the smallest crowd he had ever seen at a Newark Catholic playoff game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Playoff attendance

Post by greygoose »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:01 pm My brother went to the Reedsville Eastern at Newark Catholic game.
He said tickets were now 9 for the first round and in the almost 40 years he has attended football games, this was the smallest crowd he had ever seen at a Newark Catholic playoff game.
Yeah it surprised me to see $9 on the ticket box as I walked up. I just told my boy he's not eating or getting anything to drink now, ;). Seemed like the stands were pretty full at the waverly and gallia game last night, which with Ironton and Burg both having home games and Trojans traveling as well, I think the attendance was pretty good really.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I drove to Ridgewood last night and there side was packed. Portsmouth side looked pretty full for a 165 mile drive. 9 bucks surprised me too.
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I was at New York section 6 championship ticket price 10 dollars on Sat gets you 3 games. Parking free with the games being held at New Era Stadium home of the Buffalo Bills. Ohio and Kentucky can learn from New York.

Talk to a few fellows in New York and they said at high school stadiums they usually pay 5 bucks for playoff tickets and parking is always free.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Pretty packed at the Trimble game

14U
S

Post by 14U »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:14 pm I was at New York section 6 championship ticket price 10 dollars on Sat gets you 3 games. Parking free with the games being held at New Era Stadium home of the Buffalo Bills. Ohio and Kentucky can learn from New York.

Talk to a few fellows in New York and they said at high school stadiums they usually pay 5 bucks for playoff tickets and parking is always free.
Wow that would be nice

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Went to Paint Valley on Friday- knew tickets were $9 but did not plan on paying $5 to park- so it was $14 to attend the Paint Valley/Grandview Hts game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

bsee12345 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:34 pm Went to Paint Valley on Friday- knew tickets were $9 but did not plan on paying $5 to park- so it was $14 to attend the Paint Valley/Grandview Hts game.
$5.00 to park at a High School? Waverly is a steal at $2.00. Do they charge $5.00 for regular season games?
I think $9.00 for a first round playoff game is ridiculous especially when the host school gets NONE of it. Are most fans going to pay it, yes. Does that make it right, NO.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bsee12345 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:34 pm Went to Paint Valley on Friday- knew tickets were $9 but did not plan on paying $5 to park- so it was $14 to attend the Paint Valley/Grandview Hts game.
WOW, I thought they were only allowed to charge for parking if they charged during the regular season. I went to a game at PV this year so I could see the new facilities and was NOT charged a parking fee.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:37 pm
$5.00 to park at a High School? Waverly is a steal at $2.00. Do they charge $5.00 for regular season games?
I think $9.00 for a first round playoff game is ridiculous especially when the host school gets NONE of it. Are most fans going to pay it, yes. Does that make it right, NO.
Went to a game there this year to see the place and no there wasn't a charge for parking.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I was told by a coach that the OHSAA pays no attention to the parking rule, so schools do as they please.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:40 pm I was told by a coach that the OHSAA pays no attention to the parking rule, so schools do as they please.
Kind of figured that, as there's no way someone from OHSAA is going to go around checking all of that. To busy marking up the ticket prices :lol:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:45 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:40 pm I was told by a coach that the OHSAA pays no attention to the parking rule, so schools do as they please.
Kind of figured that, as there's no way someone from OHSAA is going to go around checking all of that. To busy marking up the ticket prices :lol:
The OHSAA is all about making money. Though Jerry Snodgrass responded to me on twitter and said that the schools make their own prices for regualr season ticket prices and parking.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:39 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:37 pm
Went to a game there this year to see the place and no there wasn't a charge for parking.
I got to thinking after paying the $5- did the Paint Valley fans not have a problem paying $5 to park? And now I hear they do not pay to park during the regular season? OHSAA should not be upset that attendance if dropping.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Paint Valley has to pay for that turf some way.

MoCoSportsGuy
JV Team

Post by MoCoSportsGuy »

Under Section 4, Game Administration Outline

16. Concessions and Parking
All concessions and parking will be operated under the direction of the game manager. Income from those sources
will not be considered as game receipts. Sites may charge up to $5.00 for parking. The OHSAA Football Administrator must approve higher parking charges.

TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

Probably charging $5 to park since there’s no cut from ticket sales now.

How do first round hosts cover the cost of having a game? Is there an allowance from OHSAA?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Every school should charge 5 bucks to park. Good money for the athletic department

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Golly, I'm really surprised that someone has not gotten on here and said what a good deal they got by only having to pay 3 dollars at the Jackson playoff game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:37 pm Golly, I'm really surprised that someone has not gotten on here and said what a good deal they got by only having to pay 3 dollars at the Jackson playoff game.
It pays to have connections. No parking fee (front row) or ticket fee for me last week down there but they got my money back at the concession stand. Veal not bad and a few hot chocolates 8-)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “Football”