WK12: Ironton v. Amanda-Clearcreek

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Re: WK12: Ironton v. Amanda-Clearcreek

Post by NoPain23 »

Ironton 35-10. Ironton is the best team in SEO & they have a good shot at the final 4

Tigerball19
Waterboy

Post by Tigerball19 »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:11 pm
thAGE wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:18 pm BC qb played start to finish in the BC AC game
Good info...thanks! Someone said on the Waverly/BC thread that they heard he didn't play in that game.
Looks like they squeked that one out for their only quality win.

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

Tigerball19 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:35 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:11 pm
thAGE wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:18 pm BC qb played start to finish in the BC AC game
Good info...thanks! Someone said on the Waverly/BC thread that they heard he didn't play in that game.
Looks like they squeked that one out for their only quality win.

There will be no squeaking against our Tigers! We’re too tough, hard hitting, and the most in shape squad the Aces have seen.

2019 - WE restored the ROAR!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

frankie wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:23 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:51 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:49 pm Ironton by a bunch. Hopefully Burg can pull off the upset over The Wood. Week 13 Ironton vs Burg thread would be awesome
I just watched Ridgewood there a legit team. Wheelersburg may win but they will have there hands full. If ironton wins and plays Ridgewood they will have there hands full also. I want a ironton burg rematch but that Ridgewood team is going to be tough.

If Ridgewood wins & plays Ironton, Ridgewood will have both hands full. Ironton is way more physical than the Burg. But first and foremost the Tigers have to be the best team in the stadium Saturday, that's all that matters right now. Focus on Amanda and then whoever is next.
that's exactly what I'm trying to say.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

7:34 am update:

I still know IronTON is weighing heavy on the minds of the Aces - those boys can’t stop thinking about the hard hitting, hard playing Tigers.

I’ve updated my score prediction:

53-7, Ironton’s D will now produce two safeties.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I don't know if I've missed this while skimming through but, what is the explanation behind the CC and Waverly matchup? 35 points?

thAGE
Waterboy

Post by thAGE »

finally an interesting post to read instead of the jock
sniffing, chest puffing bravado 🙄....

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:35 am I don't know if I've missed this while skimming through but, what is the explanation behind the CC and Waverly matchup? 35 points?
The CC pass defense did not show up in that game. The Waverly recievers had several incredible catches that night. They had no answer for the shotgun 4 wide set, and the Waverly defense had a great night also.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:49 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:35 am I don't know if I've missed this while skimming through but, what is the explanation behind the CC and Waverly matchup? 35 points?
The CC pass defense did not show up in that game. The Waverly recievers had several incredible catches that night. They had no answer for the shotgun 4 wide set, and the Waverly defense had a great night also.
Thanks for the honest assessment. I didn't know if there may had been something else.

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

CC fell to Waverly by 35.
The Burg beat Waverly by 14.
Ironton beat The Burg by 24.

This means Ironton is 73 points better than AC, hopefully Pendleton doesn’t embarrass our guests too bad.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:55 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:49 am
Thanks for the honest assessment. I didn't know if there may had been something else.

I was at that game and Waverly could do no wrong. Tigers jumped out to a quick lead and Amanda was playing from behind with an offense that isn't designed to score points fast. I think it was 33-0 at the half and a running clock to start the 2nd half. By the time Amanda settled in offensively in the 3rd and started running the ball and eating clock, it was too late. Amanda was an athletic capable looking team. After watching that game, i can see why CC made the playoffs and beat Bloom Carroll and almost beat Teays Valley. I watched the ironton/Ashland game so based on seeing that game and the Amanda/Waverly game, i believe Amanda will give ironton a fight but i do think ironton will come out on top in a close game and I'm thinking something like 21-14 or 28-21.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

you can never use a previous game as a measuring stick. look at the ironton/burg/Ashland experience. ironton thrashed burg, lost in ot to Ashland, and burg beats Ashland. it just goes to prove you just never know. ironton fumbled 5 times against Ashland, several times when they were way deep in tomcat territory. but the fact is they lost, every play, every outcome, every possession counts. and that leads to facts. and the fact is they lost that one. I have no part of my brain predicting a blowout. I'm just concerned about getting a win. if we don't clean up our penalties and fumbles, we'll get beat.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Calpreps

Ironton —-—- 35
Amanda CC - 12

Drew Pasteur - Ironton wins by 12

Wellston007
Waterboy

Post by Wellston007 »

CantonOrBust wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am CC fell to Waverly by 35.

This means Ironton is 73 points better than AC, hopefully Pendleton doesn’t embarrass our guests too bad.
Dang, son. You got a mess going on inside that head of yours.

FYI: game is at a neutral site, so AC will definitely not be your guests. Crying or not.

I know, i know, you are obviously a know-nothing homer, so I'm not really concerned what your opinion is, but for those people out there reading that do actually understand that Saturday will be a match up of two great football teams, football is a game of match-ups. Amanda did not match up well against Waverly and might have made a mistake of thinking Shanks wouldn't play due to injury and possibly overlooked how good Waverly actually was due to their loss to Unioto. AC has since then revamped their secondary and shut down two very high-powered throwing teams. Bloom Carroll and Academy. Which is really neither here nor there because, on tape (against good competition), Ironton does not throw the ball all that well. They are a power football team. Which is exactly what Amanda is and which is exactly the sort of team they thrive against. (And they actually just went up against a bigger, stronger team a couple weeks ago in Teays Valley. They lost but kept it very close.)

From a player perspective, Ironton might have more flashy prospects, but this is a great match-up for AC. Ironton fans hoping for or counting on a blow-out should pump their brakes a little. This should be a really good clash of two very sold all-around football teams.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

I got money that says Canton or bust is a troll. Remember to please do not feed the Trolls :lol:

Wellston007
Waterboy

Post by Wellston007 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:06 am Calpreps

Ironton —-—- 35
Amanda CC - 12

Drew Pasteur - Ironton wins by 12
Drew Pasteur had AC losing to Academy by 6. Reality: AC 41, Academy 10.

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

Wellston007 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:48 am
CantonOrBust wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am CC fell to Waverly by 35.

Dang, son. You got a mess going on inside that head of yours.

FYI: game is at a neutral site, so AC will definitely not be your guests. Crying or not.

I know, i know, you are obviously a know-nothing homer, so I'm not really concerned what your opinion is, but for those people out there reading that do actually understand that Saturday will be a match up of two great football teams, football is a game of match-ups. Amanda did not match up well against Waverly and might have made a mistake of thinking Shanks wouldn't play due to injury and possibly overlooked how good Waverly actually was due to their loss to Unioto. AC has since then revamped their secondary and shut down two very high-powered throwing teams. Bloom Carroll and Academy. Which is really neither here nor there because, on tape (against good competition), Ironton does not throw the ball all that well. They are a power football team. Which is exactly what Amanda is and which is exactly the sort of team they thrive against. (And they actually just went up against a bigger, stronger team a couple weeks ago in Teays Valley. They lost but kept it very close.)

From a player perspective, Ironton might have more flashy prospects, but this is a great match-up for AC. Ironton fans hoping for or counting on a blow-out should pump their brakes a little. This should be a really good clash of two very sold all-around football teams.

Anyone who knows ANYTHING about football knows that the higher seed is considered the home team, and thus, the lower team as the guests. While we are both visitors to Jackson, WE ARE the home team, and AC is our guests.

Not only is that true on paper, it will be true in practice as I predict the fighting Tiger fans travel better at a rate of 1.5:1. In fact, if the ratio is closer to us traveling at 2:1, I wouldn’t be surprised.

The outcome of this game has already been determined, it’s up to the Tigers to write our victorious story. Mission 12, baby!

Wellston007
Waterboy

Post by Wellston007 »

Anyone who knows ANYTHING ...
[/quote]

Says the person who knows nothing.

CantonOrBust
Waterboy

Post by CantonOrBust »

...Says the person who doesn’t even know how to use the quote feature.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Canton or bust speaks doesn't speak for all Ironton fans, Amanda played their way in so they are a worthy opponent. Best team advances.
As for Ironton not passing very well, they've used they pass sucessfully as of late. Ironton has to be the best team in the stadium Saturday night
to move on. Not predicting a score, but I am confident they will take care of business.
Last edited by frankie on Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”