Gallia Academy Blue Devils Football 2020

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Gallia Academy Football 2020

Post by countywide35 »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:38 pm
Rvfan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:32 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:22 pm That would be neat. Jackson /Logan open up the year. Jackosn /Ironton scrimmage week before. So in a sense Jackson still does as you suggest. Warren would need to get ALOT better. I know warren is building some huge new schools as we speak. I do not know if that includes new sports complex, football stadium etc. it would help if they do.
This is no dig at all whatsoever to GA. But I feel it hurt GA some when they built new schools and did not build them a new football stadium. Really suprised that folk in GA allowed that to happen.
Folks at GA had no say and it has hurt the kids that came after.
Folks in town didn't want the school to move out of the city limits in the first place. They also did not want to leave Memorial Field. Too many people attached to the history of that location.

Where inside the city limits did they want to build a new campus ? I do understand the attachment of history but Memorial Field gets pretty rough at times. An overhaul such as Tank Stadium in Ironton would help.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:04 pm

Folks in town didn't want the school to move out of the city limits in the first place. They also did not want to leave Memorial Field. Too many people attached to the history of that location.

Where inside the city limits did they want to build a new campus ? I do understand the attachment of history but Memorial Field gets pretty rough at times. An overhaul such as Tank Stadium in Ironton would help.

I'm not saying there is really a great place in city limits. Unless this renovation does something to address the flooding issue, there is no point. The locker room is falling off the hillside, visitor locker should be condemned, and the playing surface will never been elite, because of the constant flooding.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:12 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:14 pm Who’s their out of Conference Opponents in 2020?
Week 1- Meigs
Week 2- Mt Orab Western Brown
Week 3- Point Pleasant WV
Thanks

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

And as you talk the water is up again !

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:31 pm

I'm not saying there is really a great place in city limits. Unless this renovation does something to address the flooding issue, there is no point. The locker room is falling off the hillside, visitor locker should be condemned, and the playing surface will never been elite, because of the constant flooding.

has there been any talks of a new stadium....ever???

coyote II
Waterboy

Post by coyote II »

Hey fonz, remember me?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

coyote II wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:32 pm

Hey fonz, remember me?
not really. Should I?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:22 pm That would be neat. Jackson /Logan open up the year. Jackosn /Ironton scrimmage week before. So in a sense Jackson still does as you suggest. Warren would need to get ALOT better. I know warren is building some huge new schools as we speak. I do not know if that includes new sports complex, football stadium etc. it would help if they do.
This is no dig at all whatsoever to GA. But I feel it hurt GA some when they built new schools and did not build them a new football stadium. Really suprised that folk in GA allowed that to happen.
They literally had a single donor that would've paid for the field, but the Alumni President at the time talked the donor into just giving them $500 to make them happy. You are right. Many didn't want to leave in town.
As for a new field, it may come sooner than you think. Currently, a "STEM and Stadium" project is in the works and has gotten off with some steam. Phase 1 is building a field house that houses STEM classrooms at the top of a weight facility and two locker rooms on the campus of the high school. The STEM part will help with state funding and grants.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Re: Gallia Academy Blue Devils Football 2020

Post by Vegeta »

I think Meigs, Point Pleasant, WV, and Jackson would be the perfect opening schedule before OVC play every year. However, Gallia probably isn't going to be able to get Jackson back on the schedule until they do something about the football facilities.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Vegeta wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:56 pm I think Meigs, Point Pleasant, WV, and Jackson would be the perfect opening schedule before OVC play every year. However, Gallia probably isn't going to be able to get Jackson back on the schedule until they do something about the football facilities.

I say you are right about the Jackson statement.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:25 am

They literally had a single donor that would've paid for the field, but the Alumni President at the time talked the donor into just giving them $500 to make them happy. You are right. Many didn't want to leave in town.
As for a new field, it may come sooner than you think. Currently, a "STEM and Stadium" project is in the works and has gotten off with some steam. Phase 1 is building a field house that houses STEM classrooms at the top of a weight facility and two locker rooms on the campus of the high school. The STEM part will help with state funding and grants.

Wow. Obviously the then president didn’t want the football field to move either. Is this person still involved ?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:12 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:25 am

Wow. Obviously the then president didn’t want the football field to move either. Is this person still involved ?
I don't think they are in the same capacity.

coyote II
Waterboy

Post by coyote II »

Fonzie wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:43 am

Hey fonz, remember me?
not really. Should I?
most definitely :x

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

coyote II wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:39 am
Hey fonz, remember me?
not really. Should I?
Sorry to disappoint.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:28 am
coyote II wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:39 am

not really. Should I?
Sorry to disappoint.

:D :D :D

I’ve been following this.....

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

i have heard nothing about this one person who would of fit the bill for a new football field i find this hard to believe. Why would they of only took $500 from this one guy when there are proposals out there for naming rights on everything from stadium or field. Why doesnt this person just cough it up.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

The problem with gallia academy and post season has nothing to do with OVC play. They have reach the playoffs several times and have never had a deep run even when in the SEOAL.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I really have no insight on this next years team yet. I bsaically missed the entire basketball season as i have been working 6 and 7 days a week so i am a little behind on my visiting and my walking at memorial field and chatting with coaches and players

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

But i will give you my take. I hope this team really has a sour taste in there mouth from the ironton game and the playoff game. They need to really be putting in the work in the off season. What fueled this team two years ago were kids getting there face beat in as freshmen and sophomores and thy took that in to two off seasons and really put in the work to get better everyday in off season and during the season.

I also think the way gallia academy beat ironton at there place two years ago really fueled the ironton kids into there great season this past year.

Last year they were very content just beating bad teams and not working on getting better every week. For the blue devils to improve this year i think the offense needs to change. i have no insight on this but i think either we need to get armstrong out of the backfield and get him the ball in the open field down field we are going to get that kid killed in this offense.

The second choice would be leave armstrong in backfield but go to a true wing T offense with the 3 rushers in the backfield. our current offense does not work without a QB that is a threat to run. we are going to have a big strong line lets let the kids use it. We have a blocking strategy that was developed when our offensive line was really undersized and worked on getting angles on kids and creating lanes by over blocking the point of attack. that works with small quick lineman. we now have big strong lineman who are not as quick so many times last year the lineman could not make it to the man they were supposed to block thus we had a non blocked defender at point of attack. When we were running read option that was ideal with a qb that is no running threat it is a disaster.

we need to develop a play action passing game. we do not have any of that now. These are all things that can be easily fixed. talent and athlete wise we can be very good if the work ethic is there.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

svac83 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:42 pm The problem with gallia academy and post season has nothing to do with OVC play. They have reach the playoffs several times and have never had a deep run even when in the SEOAL.
i think regional finals is on the resume

Return to “Football”