Week 1: Ironton at Burg

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Westfan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:29 pm Did a running back from Ashland go to Ironton also?
I haven’t heard anything about anyone from Ashland transferring to Ironton, but If it’s true and it’s Pittman, watch out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

feels so great to be chatting about football. I just hope they are able to play this one. wasn't anyone else open we could have got to play in place of Russell, ky. not a knock on the peake at all, they have a fine ball club. but we already play them. but we could have maybe started another huge rivalry with some big power program. that would have been awesome.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:46 am feels so great to be chatting about football. I just hope they are able to play this one. wasn't anyone else open we could have got to play in place of Russell, ky. not a knock on the peake at all, they have a fine ball club. but we already play them. but we could have maybe started another huge rivalry with some big power program. that would have been awesome.
Here's some schools with open dates week 2

D4 - Vinton County
D7 - Marion Local (Maria Stein) - (Defendin D7 State Champions)
D4 - Licking Valley (Newark)
D3 - St.Vincent -St. Mary High School (Akron)

https://ohsaa.org/OpenDates#la-203351-football

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:00 am
Abe Froman wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:12 pm Burg wins it what some will call a shocker. Pirates keeping some things close to their vest.
No -Shhhhh- in the Tri-State.

Hear it at work Here in Orlando, from eyes thst have seen it.

Fresh out of the oven info, always 99.7% on pointe!
Lol

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

artisgilmore wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:05 am The kid just wants to play possibly his last year of football.

Of course it would be ironic that a player transferring from the Bluegrass to Ohio in order to salvage a senior season might see his hopes dashed if the Buckeye state is forced to cancel or go to a reduced schedule like Kentucky.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:38 pm
Westfan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:29 pm Did a running back from Ashland go to Ironton also?
I haven’t heard anything about anyone from Ashland transferring to Ironton, but If it’s true and it’s Pittman, watch out.
I don’t know the name, but the other rumors about the player leaving Wheelersburg and going to Ironton days before the quarterback comes to Wheelersburg from Ashland were on point, so maybe this is too.

If a really good running back comes then Ironton is way more difficult to stop. Because right now teams are gonna load up to stop Carrico. Most won't be able to but they will run into someone that can. As much potential as they say the sophomore quarterback and running back may have, they still aren't on par with Salyers and Grizzle as experienced mature seniors. Salyers kept teams honest last year with his size and speed. Carpenter may be that type of player in time, but he isn't now and will probably never have the wheels a D1 Safety has

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:11 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:38 pm
I don’t know the name, but the other rumors about the player leaving Wheelersburg and going to Ironton days before the quarterback comes to Wheelersburg from Ashland were on point, so maybe this is too.

If a really good running back comes then Ironton is way more difficult to stop. Because right now teams are gonna load up to stop Carrico. Most won't be able to but they will run into someone that can. As much potential as they say the sophomore quarterback and running back may have, they still aren't on par with Salyers and Grizzle as experienced mature seniors. Salyers kept teams honest last year with his size and speed. Carpenter may be that type of player in time, but he isn't now and will probably never have the wheels a D1 Safety has
Let’s just keep in mind that these boys are young with hard choices on their backs in a weird period of American history. I never seen anything like it. It will all come out in the wash, hopefully better for each individual.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Good point Westfan but most teams will load the box to stop the Tigers running game,which opens up play action passes.These are much easier throws to complete ,even for a rookie Qb.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:54 am Let’s just keep in mind that these boys are young with hard choices on their backs in a weird period of American history. I never seen anything like it. It will all come out in the wash, hopefully better for each individual.
Absolutely it is. But again there are rules that supposedly are in place to prevent transfers after 9th grade for athletic reasons. By reading his statement about his previous school there is no doubt it was for athletic reasons.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Westfan wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:43 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:54 am Let’s just keep in mind that these boys are young with hard choices on their backs in a weird period of American history. I never seen anything like it. It will all come out in the wash, hopefully better for each individual.
Absolutely it is. But again there are rules that supposedly are in place to prevent transfers after 9th grade for athletic reasons. By reading his statement about his previous school there is no doubt it was for athletic reasons.
the young man posted on a social media acct that it wasn’t all about football. He mentioned academics. The young man made a very nice statement explaining why he was leaving and was very complimentary about his former school, coaches, and teammates

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:43 pm
I’m sure the AD at burg will do it correctly.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:51 am Talk about a game-changer...this makes Burg/Ironton game a tossup with Ironton breaking in a new quarterback on road against Burg who now has an experienced senior starting at QB.

Jack Sparrow: is this it or are there some others coming with him?*
Heard there were more. Haven’t seen any sign of it yet, so just rumor

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg by 21.

Lol. Just checking in. Trying to get people talking about football again.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Packers80 might be right. Wouldn’t surprise me.

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:10 am
art_vandelay wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:51 am Talk about a game-changer...this makes Burg/Ironton game a tossup with Ironton breaking in a new quarterback on road against Burg who now has an experienced senior starting at QB.

pretty official now I guess
2 more

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

fbnut wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:19 am

2 more
Are you able to elaborate on this at all?

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

2 more
Hearing another for sure and possibly up to three more. The one would be gigantic

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:28 am

2 more
One young man has enrolled and practiced last night

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:00 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:28 am

2 more
One young man has enrolled and practiced last night
If true, I hope these kids are able to come in and contribute right away. It's going to be tough to learn the system in only a few weeks, but I wish them the best. At this point I just hope they all get a chance to play.

Return to “Football”