Week 1: Ironton at Burg

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:07 pm
Tristate all stars wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:09 pm
You’re right, I haven’t heard about them. I’m guessing they’re from the same family, is that true? What grades and positions do they play, if you know?
Is this for real?
Kinda like last year when a State Representatives' son leaves his family in Columbus and shows up in Ironton Ohio to kick?
Teams like this are making a mockery of High School Athletics.
And the thing is, if they were half the coaches they tell everyone they are they would just coach up the kids they have
Come on, you don’t come to Ironton from Missouri just to play High School football lol. Now, if you was moving to the area and wanted your kids to play for a top notch program, then Irontons a good choice.

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:03 am
SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:07 pm

You’re right, I haven’t heard about them. I’m guessing they’re from the same family, is that true? What grades and positions do they play, if you know?
Is this for real?
Kinda like last year when a State Representatives' son leaves his family in Columbus and shows up in Ironton Ohio to kick?
Teams like this are making a mockery of High School Athletics.
And the thing is, if they were half the coaches they tell everyone they are they would just coach up the kids they have
Come on, you don’t come to Ironton from Missouri just to play High School football lol. Now, if you was moving to the area and wanted your kids to play for a top notch program, then Irontons a good choice.
Yea your right no one moves in to Ironton from other areas lol it might not be Missouri maybe I heard the wrong state but there are 3 kids from out of area on the team

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Cry cry cry my goodness thats all i ever see on here anymore

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

I don't know why we are still pretending as a country that they'll be high school fall or winter sports. It's not happening folks.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Penguin wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:26 am I don't know why we are still pretending as a country that they'll be high school fall or winter sports. It's not happening folks.
Go away. No negative nancies allowed

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:29 am
Penguin wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:26 am I don't know why we are still pretending as a country that they'll be high school fall or winter sports. It's not happening folks.
Go away. No negative nancies allowed
I hate it, but just reality bub

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Ironton's schedule for 2020 from the Herald Dispatch:

Aug 28..........Portsmouth (A)
Sept 4...........Gallia Academy (H)
Sept 11..........Coal Grove (H)
Sept 18,,,,,,,,,,Rock Hill (A)
Sept 25..........Chesapeake (A)
Oct 2,,,,,,,,,,,,,South Point (H)

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Flyers58 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:44 pm Ironton's schedule for 2020 from the Herald Dispatch:

Wow that is a very weak schedule

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Sport Fan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:49 pm
Flyers58 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:44 pm Ironton's schedule for 2020 from the Herald Dispatch:

Not much Ironton can do about their conference being weak. Will be interesting to see though what happens when they get in a tight game in playoffs.*

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Tristate,is it Missouri? Is it Russia? I would like to know accurate info on this.Theres nothing wrong with kids transferring.Just want accurate info.

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Sport Fan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:49 pm

Maybe they should join the Big 10, they might get some competition there lol

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Burg has Chillicothe first game then soc in reverse order of schedule.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Don’t post falsehoods tristate

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:37 pm Don’t post falsehoods tristate
I agree

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Not posting falsehoods. Maybe a stretch of what I'm hearing about the 3 way out of state kids from a few sources but the one of him getting caught on tv with a Huntington lineman after telling the coach he had never even heard of him is definitely 100%. Boy, what a "leader" of the young men you have in your locker room.

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Yh8awinner wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:56 am Not posting falsehoods. Maybe a stretch of what I'm hearing about the 3 way out of state kids from a few sources but the one of him getting caught on tv with a Huntington lineman after telling the coach he had never even heard of him is definitely 100%. Boy, what a "leader" of the young men you have in your locker room.
Guess we will see how false it is

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Yh8awinner wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:56 am Not posting falsehoods. Maybe a stretch of what I'm hearing about the 3 way out of state kids from a few sources but the one of him getting caught on tv with a Huntington lineman after telling the coach he had never even heard of him is definitely 100%. Boy, what a "leader" of the young men you have in your locker room.
One of the best up and coming Coaches in the State that’s for sure. Build it and they will come, ask Wheelersburg.

The Huntington Lineman, is he pretty good, how big is he? 😁

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

Why does it matter if Ironton has kids coming from different schools. Burg has had and still has kids coming from different areas. Lowry came from Portsmouth and recovered the fumble that sealed the deal in the state championship. Tanner Wilson cam from Ironton to play for Burg and the list of transfers could continue. Point is don't make a fuss about it when your school does the same.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Regulator wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:33 am Why does it matter if Ironton has kids coming from different schools. Burg has had and still has kids coming from different areas. Lowry came from Portsmouth and recovered the fumble that sealed the deal in the state championship. Tanner Wilson cam from Ironton to play for Burg and the list of transfers could continue. Point is don't make a fuss about it when your school does the same.
I think it’s more about why they come and how it came about. The two mentioned above each have stories of how they came about to burg. I don’t know who these guys could be talking about for ironton this year but they have stories on how they got there. Maybe that’s their gripe. Regardless it’s a moot point if OHSAA clears it.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

What your seeing is doubt creeping into the minds of the Burg faithful. It only took one year for Pendleton to take Ironton back to the top. Wheelersburg faithful saw this coming two years ago after that first game. You would have thought they had lost the game walking out to parking lot talking to their fans.

Return to “Football”