Post by icanpickem »

Some interesting r27 week 6 scores

(2) East Knox 7
(4) Danville 6 (at EK)

(3) River 25
(7) Shadyside 27 (at river)

(6) Caldwell 34
(12) Conotton Valley 8 (at cv)

Region is wide open. Top 7 seeds have a realistic chance to win it.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Region 27

Post by EasternDspy »

icanpickem wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:00 pm Some interesting r27 week 6 scores

(2) East Knox 7
(4) Danville 6 (at EK)

(3) River 25

(6) Caldwell 34

Watch out for Reedsville Eastern

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Dont count Waterford out.
The defense has kept them in every game

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

(2) East Knox 7
(4) Danville 6 (at EK)

(3) River 25

(6) Caldwell 34

7-6 giveth, 7-6 taketh away. I’m impressed with what Coach Smith is doing in his first year up your way. He’s going to be a very good coach.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:47 pm

(2) East Knox 7
(4) Danville 6 (at EK)

(3) River 25

(6) Caldwell 34

7-6 giveth, 7-6 taketh away. I’m impressed with what Coach Smith is doing in his first year up your way. He’s going to be a very good coach.
True, true and true 😁

Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

Waterford wins Region 27 hands down.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Muffler wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:35 pm Waterford wins Region 27 hands down.
Just like Waterford was going to beat Trimble? Just like Waterford was going to beat Eastern? Glad to see you back on here Muffler. Your picks keeps us entertained. Surprised they let you off suicide watch after weeks 4 and 5 :lol: beginning to think you’re just a troll.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:09 pm
Just like Waterford was going to beat Trimble? Just like Waterford was going to beat Eastern? Glad to see you back on here Muffler. Your picks keeps us entertained. Surprised they let you off suicide watch after weeks 4 and 5 :lol: beginning to think you’re just a troll.
You make think I’m a troll but I believe everything I say

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

Muffler wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:17 pm
Ignorance is a scary thing lol. Waterford will lose to River by 3 TDs
Last edited by OvGuy on Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Could be one of the more entertaining regions, but until someone can step up to Trimble I still think they have to be the favorites going into it. They have the easiest path to the semifinal game, these other teams mentioned are all going to end up taking each other out before taking on Trimble. Should have them better prepared though for a Trimble team. Danville might be the only team in the top half of the bracket that can give Trimble a game.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

To me it’s the winner of Newark/Trimble and River/Shadyside for the regional final. Even though the path runs through Trimble this will forever be Newark’s region to lose year in and year out.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Muffler wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:17 pm
As long as you believe it, that’s all that matters :lol:

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

OvGuy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:45 pm To me it’s the winner of Newark/Trimble and River/Shadyside for the regional final. Even though the path runs through Trimble this will forever be Newark’s region to lose year in and year out.
This is exactly why in my mind Newark was overrated in the seeding process, sorry but a team sitting at #12 in the region for points shouldn't have been allotted a #5 seed. They played close games with the Johnnies and Heath but those 2 teams combined to beat 1 opponent with a winning record. In my mind they were seeded based on their tradition not 2020 body of work, it happens with how things are setup this year. Not a knock on Newark as it wasn't their call to put them at #5 it's just the way coaches voted, but just going off points I don't know how you justify that type of jump.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:00 pm
OvGuy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:45 pm To me it’s the winner of Newark/Trimble and River/Shadyside for the regional final. Even though the path runs through Trimble this will forever be Newark’s region to lose year in and year out.
This is exactly why in my mind Newark was overrated in the seeding process, sorry but a team sitting at #12 in the region for points shouldn't have been allotted a #5 seed. They played close games with the Johnnies and Heath but those 2 teams combined to beat 1 opponent with a winning record. In my mind they were seeded based on their tradition not 2020 body of work, it happens with how things are setup this year. Not a knock on Newark as it wasn't their call to put them at #5 it's just the way coaches voted, but just going off points I don't know how you justify that type of jump.
If NC had wins against racine southern, beallsville, Bridgeport and Cameron, WV would that justify their 5 seed?
They would be 5 in Harbin points when vote happened

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

2020 body of work? Please. They would’ve been #4 in the region had a coward coach not voted them #16.

As for the rest of your post: garbage.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

icanpickem wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:30 pm
If NC had wins against racine southern, beallsville, Bridgeport and Cameron, WV would that justify their 5 seed?
I usually agree with greygoose but he’s completely wrong on this, LMAO.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Not playing hypotheticals just stating the facts.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

East Knox was a D6 Final 4 team last year and they get little respect.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:41 pm

Not playing hypotheticals just stating the facts.
What “facts?” Do you see wins against Notre Dame, Green, Southern, Beallsville, Bridgeport etc in a higher light than one-score losses to Heath and Johnstown? Good grief, man.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:41 pm

I usually agree with greygoose but he’s completely wrong on this, LMAO.
That's ok to disagree with me, it's no big deal the facts are right there. They were a #12 point team without any significant win, even though Friday's game didn't count towards the seeding let's look at their body of work. They're a 3-3 team with wins against teams that have a combined record of 3-15, I get you're a Newark guy and I like I said no knock on them at all. Maybe they win the region or make a deep run, but the numbers simply don't justify the #5 seed. Sorry man.

Return to “Football”