2021 Berne Union 54 - 24 Miller

SugarGroove
Waterboy

2021 Berne Union 54 - 24 Miller

Post by SugarGroove »

...only 13 offensive touches. Granted we were up 14 zip 2 minutes into the game on a punt return for TD followed by a pick six. Still impressive even though it was Miller.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Berne Union scores 54 on Miller with....

Post by formerfcfan »

Go find a game for next week, and against someone who might beat you guys.

SugarGroove
Waterboy

Post by SugarGroove »

Been in contact with potential opponents this week. All teams ranked higher than FC. Lol

SugarGroove
Waterboy

Post by SugarGroove »

Been in contact with potential opponents this week. All teams ranked higher than FC. Lol

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

SugarGroove wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:48 pm ...only 13 offensive touches. Granted we were up 14 zip 2 minutes into the game on a punt return for TD followed by a pick six. Still impressive even though it was Miller.
6 wins against bad teams hard to gauge probably going to get 3rd seed and bounced 2nd round

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Berne Union should play Fort Frye.

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

Piketon needs a home game.

rsims
Waterboy

Post by rsims »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:37 am
SugarGroove wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:48 pm ...only 13 offensive touches. Granted we were up 14 zip 2 minutes into the game on a punt return for TD followed by a pick six. Still impressive even though it was Miller.
6 wins against bad teams hard to gauge probably going to get 3rd seed and bounced 2nd round
Berne hoping to stay at 3..They don't have a game 7. but they won't be out 2 round. I hope we get to play Trimble again in the Regional semi. I think it will be alot closer game then last year.. but after that. Anyone who makes it will still have to get out of the Region through Newark Catholic

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Wakefield.Warrior wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:47 am Piketon needs a home game.
Needs? Or wants? Doesn’t Piketon have six home games on the schedule, including next week?

BU has four this year.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:54 pm
Needs? Or wants? Doesn’t Piketon have six home games on the schedule, including next week?

BU has four this year.
Next week is supposed to be Piketon’s homecoming game so I believe they are looking for a home game.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:11 pm

BU has four this year.

Next week is supposed to be Piketon’s homecoming game so I believe they are looking for a home game.
I looked closer. Missed the part where the first home game on the original schedule was banged! So, it’s only 5 this year.

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:39 pm
Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:11 pm

BU has four this year.

I looked closer. Missed the part where the first home game on the original schedule was banged! So, it’s only 5 this year.
Southeastern has to quarantine next Friday and it’s homecoming week for Piketon.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

SugarGroove wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:25 am Been in contact with potential opponents this week. All teams ranked higher than FC. Lol
It comes down to what matters more: ~$3000 toward the athletic department coffers by picking up a fifth home game, or sitting at four and traveling to play a team that actually prepares them for the playoffs.

BU is not willing, last I heard, to pursue the latter. Which is why they aren’t playing Shadyside. They want a home game, which means they’ll probably get Whetstone (who is horrendous.)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:51 pm
SugarGroove wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:25 am Been in contact with potential opponents this week. All teams ranked higher than FC. Lol
It comes down to what matters more: ~$3000 toward the athletic department coffers by picking up a fifth home game, or sitting at four and traveling to play a team that actually prepares them for the playoffs.

BU is not willing, last I heard, to pursue the latter. Which is why they aren’t playing Shadyside. They want a home game, which means they’ll probably get Whetstone (who is horrendous.)
Not to mention, too, there's folks in Berne Township who keep arguing about "do we want the perfect regular season" or "do we want a deep run in the playoffs?"

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

rsims wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:08 am
Berne hoping to stay at 3..They don't have a game 7. but they won't be out 2 round. I hope we get to play Trimble again in the Regional semi. I think it will be alot closer game then last year.. but after that. Anyone who makes it will still have to get out of the Region through Newark Catholic
You may be right I would have nc, shady , east Knox and Trimble as favorites over Berne maybe Waterford as well and a draw of Danville in opening round might not be good either. Schedules like Berne and frontier makes them hard to gauge against the others

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:08 pm
rsims wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:08 am

You may be right I would have nc, shady , east Knox and Trimble as favorites over Berne maybe Waterford as well and a draw of Danville in opening round might not be good either. Schedules like Berne and frontier makes them hard to gauge against the others
Well said.

BU is very talented. They haven't been tested since week 1, vs Coal Grove. They need a pick-up game, badly, vs a team that will hit them in the mouth and can go possession-for-possession into the fourth quarter. Their team hasn't had to lift a finger in the face of adversity, so far, because no one has given them a game in a while. Also, it'll be crucial for the Rockets to get a game where they actually will be held accountable in an 'in-game' situation when their 15-yarders for unsporting rack up.

Week 12 (the 'round of eight') isn't the time for Berne to be stepping into that fire. By then, it'd be too late. Crucial for them to lay it down next week.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: 2021 Berne Union 54 - 24 Miller

Post by greygoose »

Berne union has a heck of a team this year but they need tested in a big way. We see what they did this week and last week they ran 18 offensive plays as they put up 57 against eastern with 8 offensive TDs I believe it was until second string was put in. 3-1 play drives, and 3 other drives of 2-3 plays. Longest drive 6 plays. The QB and TB are lethal. Forget going 10-0 get yourselves ready for the playoffs take on some competition don’t wish you would’ve come playoff time.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The word at Sunoco on Clearcreek Rd is the Bernies are making a decision by the end of today regarding this week.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

I thought Miller was playing 8 man this year. Was told that's why they wouldn't play Eastern. Apparently that isn't the case. Must have not wanted to play for a different reason. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:01 am The word at Sunoco on Clearcreek Rd is the Bernies are making a decision by the end of today regarding this week.
Trying to get the Harbin cow that is Notre Dame, apparently.

Return to “Football”