Week 8: Wheelersburg vs Waverly

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Re: Week 8: Wheelersburg vs Waverly

Post by old benchwarmer »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:13 pm Waverly huge favorite but I suspect Burg will be ready
Who is saying that Waverly is a hugh favorite?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

old benchwarmer wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:44 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:13 pm Waverly huge favorite but I suspect Burg will be ready
Basically everyone thinks waverly is 14-21 points better

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

[2021] Waverly (OH) 34, [2021] Wheelersburg (OH) 26 Cal preps thinks it’s waverly just by a score

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I am. After watching both teams, I like Waverly winning 45-24

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

A side note on this game. This is Burg’s Homecoming game! I’ve lived in Burg since 1971.

Burg has never lost a football homecoming game in that time span!!

Does that streak end Friday? Only time will tell!!

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:37 pm A side note on this game. This is Burg’s Homecoming game! I’ve lived in Burg since 1971.

Thats one long streak!

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Waverly 27
Burg 17

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:17 pm [2021] Waverly (OH) 34, [2021] Wheelersburg (OH) 26 Cal preps thinks it’s waverly just by a score
And also I believe they considered that based upon a neutral field, this game is in the burg. I think it will be very close comes down to who makes less mistakes.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:53 pm
Not everyone…… especially Waverly folks.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

smurray wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:00 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:53 pm

Not everyone…… especially Waverly folks.

That’s the right answer but this is waverlys game to
lose.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

This is so tough for me to predict. Waverly looked great early on I feel like we’ve gotten very complacent in the past few games. Now a trip to one of the most consistent programs in our part of the state. A team that’s dominated the league for long stints. Waverly flat out cannot out coach themselves. I feel we’ve done that to our selves also these past few games.

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Kicker. wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:23 pm This is so tough for me to predict. Waverly looked great early on I feel like we’ve gotten very complacent in the past few games. Now a trip to one of the most consistent programs in our part of the state. A team that’s dominated the league for long stints. Waverly flat out cannot out coach themselves. I feel we’ve done that to our selves also these past few games.
I don't know if they've let up as much as hitting the better part of their schedule. They have beat an otherwise unbeaten Portsmouth squad, beat a good and hungry West team by three scores and then beat Valley by 28.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:35 am This season has somewhat of a 2019 feel to it for the Pirates. Rugged pre conference schedule that set the stage for an SOC2 championship run.

Waverly has exceptional talent at the skill positions but has too often displayed ragged play despite being undefeated.

Wheelersburg has to be the favorite at home. The question becomes can Waverly rise to the challenge?
One would think at 6-0 and coming off a 42-14 win last night the Tigers would be the favorite but there are more questions than answers for this Tiger squad and I’d say with the way they have been playing the past few weeks they travel to Ed Miller Stadium as the underdogs.

Even with the amount of injuries, including 4 starters out for the season, the Tigers have enough athletes to be a very good team and favorite heading into this game but they just aren’t playing that way. As far as injuries, they got a few players back last night that had been out a while so hopefully they will make a difference next week.
Ever since the Unioto game (or beginning with that game) they seem to enter these contests very lethargic, uninspired and appear to be taking their opponent lightly. Even though they are winning something seems amiss. The Tigers have been able to win simply with better talent but that will catch up to you at some point.
* Penalties have been a HUGE problem and need to be eliminated to beat the Pirates.
7 for 73 yards against Portsmouth
9 for 76 yards against West
9 for 92 yards last night
The personal fouls/unsportsmanlike fouls are not characteristic of what Waverly represents and must be cleaned up. THIS TEAM IS BETTER THAN THAT!
* The offense has been increasingly stagnant & predictable. Maybe that is on purpose and planned in order to save some things but I don’t think you are going to walk into Wheelersburg and win by being that conservative and predictable. Portsmouth and Valley with pic 6’s on the same play. They did their scouting and it’s obvious that play was coming. Wheelersburg will know exactly what plays the Tigers run. The Tiger defense played their butts off last night only giving up one score and that was early.

Not trying to be critical but there are plenty of Waverly fans seeing the same thing and we want nothing more than Waverly to be successful and that means going to Wheelersburg and winning. It seems Waverly needs to achieve a new level of focus this week.

You are always the underdog when going to Wheelersburg on Homecoming night!

TIGERS FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS THIS WEEK.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:37 pm A side note on this game. This is Burg’s Homecoming game! I’ve lived in Burg since 1971.

I believe they lost to west in 2001 7-0 and it was homecoming.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I won $100 on this game before it’s even played

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

smurray wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:43 pm
Omega wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:35 am This season has somewhat of a 2019 feel to it for the Pirates. Rugged pre conference schedule that set the stage for an SOC2 championship run.

Waverly has exceptional talent at the skill positions but has too often displayed ragged play despite being undefeated.

Wheelersburg has to be the favorite at home. The question becomes can Waverly rise to the challenge?
One would think at 6-0 and coming off a 42-14 win last night the Tigers would be the favorite but there are more questions than answers for this Tiger squad and I’d say with the way they have been playing the past few weeks they travel to Ed Miller Stadium as the underdogs.

Even with the amount of injuries, including 4 starters out for the season, the Tigers have enough athletes to be a very good team and favorite heading into this game but they just aren’t playing that way. As far as injuries, they got a few players back last night that had been out a while so hopefully they will make a difference next week.
Ever since the Unioto game (or beginning with that game) they seem to enter these contests very lethargic, uninspired and appear to be taking their opponent lightly. Even though they are winning something seems amiss. The Tigers have been able to win simply with better talent but that will catch up to you at some point.
* Penalties have been a HUGE problem and need to be eliminated to beat the Pirates.
7 for 73 yards against Portsmouth
9 for 76 yards against West
9 for 92 yards last night
The personal fouls/unsportsmanlike fouls are not characteristic of what Waverly represents and must be cleaned up. THIS TEAM IS BETTER THAN THAT!
* The offense has been increasingly stagnant & predictable. Maybe that is on purpose and planned in order to save some things but I don’t think you are going to walk into Wheelersburg and win by being that conservative and predictable. Portsmouth and Valley with pic 6’s on the same play. They did their scouting and it’s obvious that play was coming. Wheelersburg will know exactly what plays the Tigers run. The Tiger defense played their butts off last night only giving up one score and that was early.

Not trying to be critical but there are plenty of Waverly fans seeing the same thing and we want nothing more than Waverly to be successful and that means going to Wheelersburg and winning. It seems Waverly needs to achieve a new level of focus this week.

You are always the underdog when going to Wheelersburg on Homecoming night!

TIGERS FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS THIS WEEK.

Play the underdog all ya want but that’s not the case. Waverly should win this game .

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Historical side note, Waverly has only won once in their last twenty-three trips to Ed Miller Stadium.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

UH OH, is that the announcer jinx?? :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bleed_blue wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:38 pm

I believe they lost to west in 2001 7-0 and it was homecoming.

I stand corrected. You are right sir!! Burg did lose to West that year and that or the Waverly game would have been a date in October that it might have been Homecoming.

Also, 2001 was the last time Waverly won at Burg in very convincing fashion. Score was 50-21. Waverly had that stud WR that year, Creed ?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Cliche football for this game. No turnovers, no stupid penalties. Burg will always play hard either way. Should be a fun one. Burg needs to limit the big plays defensively to knock off waverly.

Return to “Football”