Ironton 29 Jackson 26 2022

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton@Jackson Week 2

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Ironmen34 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:23 pm
derbydawg wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:21 pm Winters had a lane to run but forced a throw and was intercepted.
Man if he gets some air on it that receiver didn’t have anybody within 10 feet of him. I don’t think his feet were completely set
There was a guy underneath too with only one Ironton defender. Winters played tough under a lot of pressure that last drive.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ironton locked Winters up in 2nd half. Credit to staff on halftime adjustments and Ironton defensive effort.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

These last 2 Ironton/Jackson games have been some of the most physical I’ve seen in a while.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:35 am I am not sure how good Ironton is, but the extra point unit could lose them some games.
Not this one!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Winters is just an absolute stud. OU got a good one.

Andy Hall 2nd half. Woof. Winters shreds the D for a half then gets no chances 2nd half. Then shreds again on the final drive. Rough game for him.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Carmen Ohio wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:26 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:23 pm
derbydawg wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:21 pm Winters had a lane to run but forced a throw and was intercepted.
Man if he gets some air on it that receiver didn’t have anybody within 10 feet of him. I don’t think his feet were completely set
There was a guy underneath too with only one Ironton defender. Winters played tough under a lot of pressure that last drive.
100%. Game wasn’t determined by one play. Jackson made too many mistakes

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

Perkins has been an Ironmen killer in these two meetings

*MrFirstTake*
Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Winters made Ironton’s corners look very bad. Like, helpless bad.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll say this….8000 people came to the game tonight and one team walked away winners and one team took the L, but there weren’t any losers on that field tonight. Dozens of kids just played their absolute hearts out for themselves, their team, their school and their families. It was a legendary effort from both teams and both sides of the ball. What a cheap night of incredible entertainment. Every sports fan loves effort and those kids were all gassed and all laid it out there. What a game and what an atmosphere. I appreciate the effort from every kid that stepped on that field tonight. I’ll always root for every kid that plays their heart out. Man it was top level tonight!

Mad respect from each team to the other.

Great effort tonight Ironmen…..keep working. Super high ceiling! Good luck the rest of the way Ironton

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:43 pm I’ll say this….8000 people came to the game tonight and one team walked away winners and one team took the L, but there weren’t any losers on that field tonight. Dozens of kids just played their absolute hearts out for themselves, their team, their school and their families. It was a legendary effort from both teams and both sides of the ball. What a cheap night of incredible entertainment. Every sports fan loves effort and those kids were all gassed and all laid it out there. What a game and what an atmosphere. I appreciate the effort from every kid that stepped on that field tonight. I’ll always root for every kid that plays their heart out. Man it was top level tonight!

Great effort tonight Ironmen…..keep working. Super high ceiling! Good luck the rest of the way Ironton

One word for both teams.

GUTS!!!!

Game of the week and it ain't close.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Congrats Ironton on a nail biter. Caught the 4th quarter of it after our game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ironton/Jackson has became a HUGE rivalry game. Keep this series going AT ALL COSTS.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Great effort by both teams! Just a physical war.

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:43 pm I’ll say this….8000 people came to the game tonight and one team walked away winners and one team took the L, but there weren’t any losers on that field tonight. Dozens of kids just played their absolute hearts out for themselves, their team, their school and their families. It was a legendary effort from both teams and both sides of the ball. What a cheap night of incredible entertainment. Every sports fan loves effort and those kids were all gassed and all laid it out there. What a game and what an atmosphere. I appreciate the effort from every kid that stepped on that field tonight. I’ll always root for every kid that plays their heart out. Man it was top level tonight!

Agree good post

*MrFirstTake*
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Ironton QB Carpenter managed a great game. Kid is no slouch either.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:27 pm Ironton locked Winters up in 2nd half. Credit to staff on halftime adjustments and Ironton defensive effort.
4 jackson turnovers in the first half is what killed them

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:06 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:27 pm Ironton locked Winters up in 2nd half. Credit to staff on halftime adjustments and Ironton defensive effort.
4 jackson turnovers in the first half is what killed them
But yes I agree ironton’s defense made some incredible plays in the last half

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:05 pm Ironton QB Carpenter managed a great game. Kid is no slouch either.
Talent all over the field on both teams. Both teams had chances , it was a great game to watch and will only make the teams better going forward. Much respect to Ironton. Good luck going forward.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Strange game...I felt there were 2 or 3 times in 1st half that Jackson could have and should put this game away....Four or Five plays determined whether Jackson won this comfortably or Ironton squeak out a Victory...I'm an Ironton fan but it took the perfect storm for Ironton to win this game tonight....

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:33 pm Winters is just an absolute stud. OU got a good one.

Andy Hall 2nd half. Woof. Winters shreds the D for a half then gets no chances 2nd half. Then shreds again on the final drive. Rough game for him.
Absolutely agree. Let the QB do his thing.

Return to “Football”