Paint Valley 27 - 35 Zane Trace 2022

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Re: Zane Trace @ Paint Valley week 9

Post by soggybottomtopper »

As for this game. Give me ZT. Too deep, too physical and too healthy for the Bearcats. Pioneers will capture the GOLD BALL.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:11 pm
wrestlefan wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:52 am the very fast kids in the svc run a 5 flat 40
google how many people in the NFL run a 4.4
(kupp runs a 4.6)
You would have to look at the svc post personally idc. Unioto doesn’t do 40 times. I know griffin is fast enough that he hasn’t been caught in the open field by anyone we have played so far. To me that’s the best 40 time
I don’t think people realize how fast he is because he looks more like a power back but he runs away from everyone in the open field

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:31 pm
wrestlefan wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:52 am the very fast kids in the svc run a 5 flat 40
(kupp runs a 4.6)
If you are trying to say "consistently", I actually get what you are trying to say. But, I would argue that the top level speed in the SVC is in the 4.6 to 4.7 area. I can think of several kids that had the 4.4 to 4.5 speed though. Not like it has "never" happened. Just recently, I can think of Lane Ruby from Southeastern. I think he is at a college in Indiana and is a nickel corner for their rotation. I don't know the 40 times for Galloway or Netter, but I would venture they are in the 4.6 to 4.7 range. I don't have 40 times in front of me, but you can tell real game speed just by looking. So, the "very" fast kids in the SVC, as you stated, are NOT running 5 flats.
Ruby clocked a 4.38 at the Super Combine his senior year. He's the outlier, but I'd say there are plenty of 4.6-5, guys in the SVC.

I think ZT takes this one by 2 scores...at least, as this is basically their championship game.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

se-alum wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:16 pm
soggybottomtopper wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:31 pm
(kupp runs a 4.6)
If you are trying to say "consistently", I actually get what you are trying to say. But, I would argue that the top level speed in the SVC is in the 4.6 to 4.7 area. I can think of several kids that had the 4.4 to 4.5 speed though. Not like it has "never" happened. Just recently, I can think of Lane Ruby from Southeastern. I think he is at a college in Indiana and is a nickel corner for their rotation. I don't know the 40 times for Galloway or Netter, but I would venture they are in the 4.6 to 4.7 range. I don't have 40 times in front of me, but you can tell real game speed just by looking. So, the "very" fast kids in the SVC, as you stated, are NOT running 5 flats.
Ruby clocked a 4.38 at the Super Combine his senior year. He's the outlier, but I'd say there are plenty of 4.6-5, guys in the SVC.

I think ZT takes this one by 2 scores...at least, as this is basically their championship game.
Good stuff! I didn't have a time that I could post, I am glad you were able to find that. I did see where Lane Ruby ran a 10.85 100 meters in a race in track. That was the only official number I could find. Good information though. Thank you

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Ruby is in his third year at a NAIA school and he does not start.
Just plays some. He dominated the SVC, but barely touches the field in college.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Bozo wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:20 pm Ruby is in his third year at a NAIA school and he does not start.
That doesn't have anything to do with anything we're talking about.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Yeah it does.
You are talking about how fast Ruby and everybody else is in the SVC in football.
It does not matter.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Like I said earlier, I think Zane Trace will win the war upfront like they do most nights in the SVC.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Bozo wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:20 pm Ruby is in his third year at a NAIA school and he does not start.
Yes. It is NAIA. It is Indiana Wesleyan. He plays quite a bit. He is their nickel corner and rotates in on passing downs. He has 3 interceptions this season already. He also returns some kicks for them. I was looking at their schedule on their website and they just upset a top 10 team. I think they are in the top 10 in the country now. So, pretty impressive stuff.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

thinking the svc has 4.4 kids is laughable. the city schools in columbus have the 4.6 kids. Our head coach at chilli thought we were real fast one year. We opened with brookhaven and learned real quick that fast is relative.

GO ZT!!!!
Last edited by wrestlefan on Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Go paint valley

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Just for some "relativity". This is the last few seasons of OHSAA track results from the 100 meter dash at the STATE track meet. These kids were all football players. LANE RUBY - SOUTHEASTERN 10.95.....COLE MILLER - PAINT VALLEY 11.1.....BRAYDON ISON - PAINT VALLEY 11.2.....TATE MYERS - ADENA 11.3.....As se-alum has already posted. Lane Ruby is documented as a 4.38. So ignore it. Use it. Or lose it. But, here are 4 guys in the 4.4 to 4.6 range. As they say, don't hate. Appreciate!

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

wow.... i guess there are a multitude of kids running around in the svc faster than the average player in the NFL.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Zane Trace 35
Paint Valley 27

It was 35-13 and PV never got the ball back after they cut it to 8 with 4ish minutes left

Zane Trace needs to limit some of the big penalties that kept drives alive for the postseason. Outstanding season for the Pioneers so far

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Game wasn’t as close as score indicates but props to PV for never giving up! Zt had a touchdown taking off the board for holding that would of put them up 21 in the 4th. It was by far the sloppiest game for ZT all year. ZT has to get better against the run & clean up the penalties if they want to make a playoff push.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Paint Valley 27 - 35 Zane Trace 2022

Post by mattash »

Paint Valley 27 - 35 Zane Trace

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Too be honest, the ZT defense has not really played that well against decent teams. The offense won't be able to score 35+ points a game in the playoffs after the first round.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

If the projection plays out and ZT gets Waynesville in the 1st round, that is a very dangerous first round game. Waynesville has 3 losses by 3 points or less and played Greeneview to a 38 - 35 final. Playoffs are going to be insane!

Return to “Football”