Wheelersburg 2023

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by wobycat »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:30 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:22 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:00 pm What does the offense entail this season, defensively I have no worries typically with burg they are very solid and game plan well. My only concern is offensive production and athleticism
Plenty of athletes. Sophomore class is the best athletic class I’ve seen come in awhile. If lattimore from Portsmouth stays, he will be a great addition.

It’s all going to come back to the sophomore QB. Has a decent arm and accuracy but he’s a sophomore so there’s going to be apprehensive play and mistakes. If he can limit himself in those departments, he should have a good season

How many of those sophomores at the skill positions played a lot of snaps last year also this feels like the first time in a while that I can’t think of who the starting running back is, and if I recall the qb that is going to be a sophomore did play a few games last year right. Anyways I’m sure the first few weeks will be some growing pains but I don’t doubt that the staff will get them into form down the stretch of the season
Two of the receivers from freshman group saw significant snaps. Running back will be by committee. To my knowledge they don’t have a d lattimore/Glover running back. The running backs will be more like scat backs. Burg will probably want to get their athletes in space this year. I’m assuming the Offense will look a lot different than the past two years.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

packers80 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:30 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:19 am All that crying bout how another program handled their business while yours is consistently underperforming. Lol. Made it out of ya region 3 times in goin on dam near two decades. Odds show us little burg is most likely on average going to be home early in the post season.

Ironton is producing at a higher level more consistently and they have passed those 3 regional wins in almost two decades proudly owned by lil burg ...in 5 seasons. 😂

What you have done past tense isnt gonna make ya tendecies change now. Lol.

#LilSis 💅
Lil sis still has as many titles as bigger sis. Ever occur to you that the program you run down so bad is your equal. Yikes youngster.
Lmao - NEVER. Because lil burg has only made it outta their region like 3 times in almost 2 DECADES & Ironton has won the region more than that in 5 seasons. 😂
Equal? Lmao 🤡

#lilsis 💅

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:48 pm

Plenty of athletes. Sophomore class is the best athletic class I’ve seen come in awhile. If lattimore from Portsmouth stays, he will be a great addition.

It’s all going to come back to the sophomore QB. Has a decent arm and accuracy but he’s a sophomore so there’s going to be apprehensive play and mistakes. If he can limit himself in those departments, he should have a good season

How many of those sophomores at the skill positions played a lot of snaps last year also this feels like the first time in a while that I can’t think of who the starting running back is, and if I recall the qb that is going to be a sophomore did play a few games last year right. Anyways I’m sure the first few weeks will be some growing pains but I don’t doubt that the staff will get them into form down the stretch of the season
Two of the receivers from freshman group saw significant snaps. Running back will be by committee. To my knowledge they don’t have a d lattimore/Glover running back. The running backs will be more like scat backs. Burg will probably want to get their athletes in space this year. I’m assuming the Offense will look a lot different than the past two years.
So he has faith that the coaching staff that has only made it beyond their own region 3 times in goin on two decades "will get them into form down the stretch" even though on average "down the stretch" lil burg is pressin couch cushions? 🤷‍♂️😂

#lilsis💅
Last edited by BTWNTHE__ on Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:02 pm
osu 77 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:44 am
RBH23 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:15 am

Odds show us that Ironton’s championship drought will continue with another humiliating loss somewhere in the playoffs.

Ironton will continue their tradition of doing less with more since 1989 :)
This guy never stops crying and dismantling football programs I guess he is not allowed out of the basement anymore.
“Crying”…. Have to add that to the Ironton fans’ go-to words that include “hate” and “jealous”,

The Ironton kool-aid drinkers shouldn’t come to a post about Burg and expect Burg fans to talk about how wonderful Ironton football is, especially when some Ironton fans are on here just to talk smack.

If you want smoke blown up your a$$ about Ironton, go to an Ironton post.
I'm not on this thread for praise from below. 😂
I'm on this thread giving back the same energy the #lilsis #HarvestPrepDoormats give in the Ironton threads.

I gaf how you feel. 😂
#lilsis💅

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

osu 77 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:16 am
RBH23 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:02 pm
osu 77 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:44 am

This guy never stops crying and dismantling football programs I guess he is not allowed out of the basement anymore.
“Crying”…. Have to add that to the Ironton fans’ go-to words that include “hate” and “jealous”,

The Ironton kool-aid drinkers shouldn’t come to a post about Burg and expect Burg fans to talk about how wonderful Ironton football is, especially when some Ironton fans are on here just to talk smack.

If you want smoke blown up your a$$ about Ironton, go to an Ironton post.
'

And you should take some of your own advise and stay off the Ironton post. ;)
#lilsis💅 loves to throw the rock then hide her hand. Don't receive nearly as eagerly as they give. Sometimey. Makes sense. 3 times in 2 decades is very sometimey. 😂

#lilsissy 💅

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Saw snaps running meaningless routes cause lil burgs pass game was 🗑🚮 👈😂

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:14 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:19 am All that crying bout how another program handled their business while yours is consistently underperforming. Lol. Made it out of ya region 3 times in goin on dam near two decades. Odds show us little burg is most likely on average going to be home early in the post season.

Ironton is producing at a higher level more consistently and they have passed those 3 regional wins in almost two decades proudly owned by lil burg ...in 5 seasons. 😂

#LilSis 💅
Lil sis still has as many titles as bigger sis. Ever occur to you that the program you run down so bad is your equal. Yikes youngster.
Lmao - NEVER. Because lil burg has only made it outta their region like 3 times in almost 2 DECADES & Ironton has won the region more than that in 5 seasons. 😂
Equal? Lmao 🤡

#lilsis 💅
1989, and counting…

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:14 pm

#LilSis 💅
Equal? Lmao 🤡

#lilsis 💅
Maybe it should occur. Keep celebrating those regionals. #1989

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:17 pm

So he has faith that the coaching staff that has only made it beyond their own region 3 times in goin on two decades "will get them into form down the stretch" even though on average "down the stretch" lil burg is pressin couch cushions? 🤷‍♂️😂

#lilsis💅
best X&O's staff in the area, really not even debatable. Need to improve the recruiting :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Going to be interesting to see how Burg utilizes Lattimore if he plays. Will he line up in the backfield some or will they line him up in the slot.

I hope he plays because I think he can be a game changer.

Looking forward to the season.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:14 am Going to be interesting to see how Burg utilizes Lattimore if he plays. Will he line up in the backfield some or will they line him up in the slot.

Who is Lattimore ?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:25 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:14 am Going to be interesting to see how Burg utilizes Lattimore if he plays. Will he line up in the backfield some or will they line him up in the slot.

Who is Lattimore ?
Transfer from Portsmouth end of this past school year. He will be a receiver.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:01 am

Who is Lattimore ?
A recruit

Not homegrown

Wont matter

Only 3 times in almost 2 decades has this program been able to make it past their region.

Very unlikely we see any thing more. Mediocrity has set in. HC is surviving off fumes of nostalgia.

#lilsis💅
Last edited by BTWNTHE__ on Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

Who is Lattimore ?
Is he playing football? Hopefully so. Got to see him run during track season. Nice speed👍

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TomUnessa wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:06 am

Who is Lattimore ?
Is he playing football? Hopefully so. Got to see him run during track season. Nice speed👍
As of now, he is participating in pre-season.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

I thought Wheelersburg was all home grown players , frown on recruiting , won’t sit our kids for someone else’s, win with own talent ect ect etc

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:43 am I thought Wheelersburg was all home grown players , frown on recruiting , won’t sit our kids for someone else’s, win with own talent ect ect etc
No I’ve always said that all schools get a transfer or two every now and then. Happens all the time.

My argument is Only one school has gotten multiple over the last 4 to 5 seasons. I bet that school has gotten more kids in the last 4 to 5 season than burg has in the last 30 years. Maybe double or triple that amount. Which is not the norm.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:55 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:43 am I thought Wheelersburg was all home grown players , frown on recruiting , won’t sit our kids for someone else’s, win with own talent ect ect etc
No I’ve always said that all schools get a transfer or two every now and then. Happens all the time.

My argument is Only one school has gotten multiple over the last 4 to 5 seasons. I bet that school has gotten more kids in the last 4 to 5 season than burg has in the last 30 years. Maybe double or triple that amount. Which is not the norm.
And it’s not the one that actually has a State Championship in the 21st century :D

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

So recruits are ok with you guys as long as it’s not to many. Gotcha

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:52 pm

So recruits are ok with you guys as long as it’s not to many. Gotcha
That’s what you took from that? 🤦‍♂️

Btw, Lattimore was only recruited by one school, and it wasn’t Wheelersburg. Want to guess the school that did?

Return to “Football”