August 18, 2023 Ironton 17 - 14 Wheelersburg

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg @ Ironton Week 1

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:40 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:09 pm This thread has gone to hell just as I expected it to. Hopefully we have a great game and everyone comes out healthy. Good luck to burg after week one. These two teams are the pride of Southeaster Ohio no matter what anyone says.

Absolutely both of the programs are at the top as far as success and notoriety. love that this is week 1 game and hands down best in the area
Summer trollings is over. LOL. Let's talk about the game. Dead all those allegations without supportive evidence and I'll stop reminding burg fans that burg IS lil sis.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:09 pm This thread has gone to hell just as I expected it to. Hopefully we have a great game and everyone comes out healthy. Good luck to burg after week one. These two teams are the pride of Southeaster Ohio no matter what anyone says.
Yup. But I clapped BACK. I read allegation AFTER allegation over and over. No evidence. So the energy got matched. Is what it is. Now it's game time. I don't wanna hear ANY posturing from a program that has only made it out of their region 3 times in the last two and a half decades. Lil burg needs to worry about lil burg sounds to me cause the OTHER guys been in what 3 outta the last 4 or 5 or so games in Canton yea? On what planet does what ya did in 2017 keep making up for what ya program is NOT doing? lol. Say what ya will, the small dogs sure do bark alot.

Now lets talk about the game. #lilsis

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:28 pm
Yup. But I clapped BACK. I read allegation AFTER allegation over and over. No evidence. So the energy got matched. Is what it is. Now it's game time. I don't wanna hear ANY posturing from a program that has only made it out of their region 3 times in the last two and a half decades. Lil burg needs to worry about lil burg sounds to me cause the OTHER guys been in what 3 outta the last 4 or 5 or so games in Canton yea? On what planet does what ya did in 2017 keep making up for what ya program is NOT doing? lol. Say what ya will, the small dogs sure do bark alot.

“I’m done trolling…”. LMAO!! That’s all you are capable of Mr 1989.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:16 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:36 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:00 pm

So you want to compare Holden to those out of WV who went pro, and to some of the top talent in the country. But for Carrico and the IHS football players, let’s just keep the comparison to SOC and OVC.

How about we compare them to Moss and Burrow? Based on that, IHS football players don’t belong on the field. Or how about Texas football? Let’s not embarrass the IHS greats.

Jackson was a backup. Carrico may never see the field. And your cousin is playing some back alley in Charleston. This you consider better than Holden? LMAO!!
My cousin played and started in power conference d1 ball. Holden couldnt and ran back to his tiny pond.

#overrated #lilsis
What year did your cousin graduate from Nebraska? Assume he played all four years there?
I made my point investigator. Before you go askin more questions how bout you meet your burden of proof on those allegations you keep making? 👈 we'll get back to that again.

Now lets discuss week 1.

Ive read a few things

Burg = big line. Some experience. Some youth. Great size. Athletic probably.

Big primetime returner is the Hutchinson kid. LB. Big time both sides

Sophmore QB on his 1st time under the lights as the #1

New recruit from portsmouth at WR. Talent. Experience.
Rb is gonna be a collaborative effort. - burg backs are usually solid.

Kicking game? Lost the big name kicker from last few yrs to graduation yea? This a reload not replace position at burg pretty much correct?

What else should I know? Sell me.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:36 pm

My cousin played and started in power conference d1 ball. Holden couldnt and ran back to his tiny pond.

#overrated #lilsis
What year did your cousin graduate from Nebraska? Assume he played all four years there?
I made my point investigator. Before you go askin more questions how bout you meet your burden of proof on those allegations you keep making? 👈 we'll get back to that again.

Now lets discuss week 1.

Ive read a few things

Kicking game? Lost the big name kicker from last few yrs to graduation yea? This a reload not replace position at burg pretty much correct?

I've read some on the burg side say this team needs to be a pass1st team to really do well? Why?

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:35 pm

What do you think are burgs +'s goin into week 1? Where do you favor them?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

#overrated #lilsis

Now lets discuss week 1.

Ive read a few things

The kicker from last year is back. He’s solid.

Everyone is talking about the size of the line. Frankly, I did not expect this to be a strength; not bad but not great. We’ll see.

Creed Warren is back and will be key on offense and special teams.

The biggest question mark is the sophomore QB. Lots of potential, but to your point, first time starting on the big stage.

I’ve also heard Burg will spread it out more this year since they have a QB who can throw. Makes his development even more important.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:40 pm

Now lets discuss week 1.

Ive read a few things

I've read some on the burg side say this team needs to be a pass1st team to really do well? Why?
My opinion? Old Burg was successful with three yards and a cloud of dust. New Burg has not been successful playing that way. They really struggle running against talented teams. I think current Burg coaches prefer a spread, pass oriented offense.

Take against Ironton: Burg has never been able to line up and run it down Ironton’s throat, even during Burg’s victories against them. But Burg has had success against them in the air; put up some points.

I don’t expect the sophomore to have a great deal of success against Ironton in game 1 but could see him improving throughout the season and be a real challenge later this year, and into next.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

I don’t know much details but I heard Burg struggled tonight in the scrimmage. I know they probably did show much but London is a solid program.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:42 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:35 pm

What do you think are burgs +'s goin into week 1? Where do you favor them?
I’m taking Ironton by two scores. 21-7, 20-10 type of game. Believe the sophomore QB will play okay for his first game, but too many turnovers cost Burg.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:09 pm I don’t know much details but I heard Burg struggled tonight in the scrimmage. I know they probably did show much but London is a solid program.

Yes London was a solid team a year ago, and first time finally “somewhat” hitting someone that isn’t on your team for the first time so knocking off the rust

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:09 pm I don’t know much details but I heard Burg struggled tonight in the scrimmage. I know they probably did show much but London is a solid program.
I heard London has a big team and Burg did well matching up. Didn’t show much on O and D.

As someone else commented, sounds like the game was more about just hitting someone other than your teammates.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

In Varsity Scrimmage Action, 3 scores for both teams.

Both offenses looked good. Defenses looked vanilla on both sides.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:46 pm In Varsity Scrimmage Action, 3 scores for both teams.

How did Rucker look?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:09 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:46 pm In Varsity Scrimmage Action, 3 scores for both teams.

How did Rucker look?
He did very good. 3 TD passes. 2 were bombs on the money

BigBelliedBob
Waterboy

Post by BigBelliedBob »

I know remember why I got off of this site some 13 years ago. Nothing but a bunch of whiners, complainers, and those that believe high school football is the end-all be-all. Pathetic.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

One week from today the Tank will be rocking. The Pirates are now on the clock. Tik Tok…….

Go Fighting Tigers……

Rebel Yell
Riding the Bench

Post by Rebel Yell »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:34 pm One week from today the Tank will be rocking. The Pirates are now on the clock. Tik Tok…….

Go Fighting Tigers……
Word is that Burg is planning to sling it all over the field after seeing how weak Ironton is defensing the pass.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Rebel Yell wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:53 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:34 pm One week from today the Tank will be rocking. The Pirates are now on the clock. Tik Tok…….

Go Fighting Tigers……
Word is that Burg is planning to sling it all over the field after seeing how weak Ironton is defensing the pass.
Burg slinging the ball around isnt Anderson doing so…

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Burg couldn’t sling the ball against raceland tonight… aside from the one long run qb was all that had tho. Curious to see how much running around he can do against Ironton.
Rebel Yell wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:53 pm

Go Fighting Tigers……

Return to “Football”