2024 Wheelersburg Pirates

RBH23
S

Re: 2024 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:59 pm
RBH23 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:21 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:22 pm

So to conclude, Ironton and Prep are each outperforming Burg on the field overall as well as head to head, and each have more homegrown talent, and each outrecruit Burg as well.

I miss anything? 🤣
Yes. HP has never won state, and the last time IHS won a state title, the World Wide Web was just coming out!

Stop by the Burg if you want to see a state title trophy that hasn’t faded with time!
But, the truth of my statement remains. Ironton and Prep are outperforming Burg overall and head to head on the field, as well as outrecruiting them. Even if burg raided Portsmouth of one of their best senior offensive threats this past year.

With the step up to D4 and Ironton and Preps attraction from talent, the burg recruiting trail probably needs to ramp up or its gonna be a long 10 weeks lol

Ahh. At least softball is OK 🤣 Not all is lost. Lol
And yet no state titles!

With all of that talent, is the coaching at IHS really that awful?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:02 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:49 pm

So to conclude, Ironton and Prep are each outperforming Burg on the field overall as well as head to head, and each have more homegrown talent, and each outrecruit Burg as well.

I miss anything? 🤣
More homegrown talent??? Where the hell is that? You take away all the players they have brought in over the last 5 years and they are mediocre at best, hence the reason he has to bring in other schools best players every year.

Like I said, they both should be able to outperform every school in DV with the talent they have brought in yet neither one of them have S%#T to show for it.

Pathetic if you ask me!

Well during Pendletons tenure there have been homegrown Ironton kids recruited at the D1 level as pretty decently rated recruits.

Burg hasn't been able to develop those so yes, Irontons homegrown talent is more talented than "Homegrown Burg" also.
So you are saying that IHS’ homegrown talent is incapable of winning a title even when supported by lots of recruits?

If only IHS football was good at using said talent. Unfortunately wasting it year after year after year…

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:59 pm
RBH23 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:21 pm

I miss anything? 🤣
Yes. HP has never won state, and the last time IHS won a state title, the World Wide Web was just coming out!

Stop by the Burg if you want to see a state title trophy that hasn’t faded with time!
But, the truth of my statement remains. Ironton and Prep are outperforming Burg overall and head to head on the field, as well as outrecruiting them. Even if burg raided Portsmouth of one of their best senior offensive threats this past year.

With the step up to D4 and Ironton and Preps attraction from talent, the burg recruiting trail probably needs to ramp up or its gonna be a long 10 weeks lol

Ahh. At least softball is OK 🤣 Not all is lost. Lol
Why would it be a long ten weeks? I suppose you don’t know but the regular season schedule remains the same. With the continued poor coaching performances ironton puts together…the long ten weeks could very well reside in tiger town this season.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I miss anything? 🤣
More homegrown talent??? Where the hell is that? You take away all the players they have brought in over the last 5 years and they are mediocre at best, hence the reason he has to bring in other schools best players every year.

Like I said, they both should be able to outperform every school in DV with the talent they have brought in yet neither one of them have S%#T to show for it.

Pathetic if you ask me!

Well during Pendletons tenure there have been homegrown Ironton kids recruited at the D1 level as pretty decently rated recruits.

Burg hasn't been able to develop those so yes, Irontons homegrown talent is more talented than "Homegrown Burg" also.

See, what you are missing is a lot of Burg kids, most of them sports players as well are going on to college to become Doctor's and Lawyers and such.

"Momma Don't let your babies grow up to be Tigers!"

Once one of those "D1" recruits for Ironton makes it to the NFL then come talk to me!! Has any of them even sniffed the field since going on to college?? It's great they are getting that eduamication and all but as far as playing time. Isn't happening!

I'll take that Burg is a softball school right now. Bringing home that gold trophy each year has been nice!!

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

BOOOOOM just offered!! WOW

............a preferred walk on spot (you may see some special teams by year 5 after redshirting)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I watched a recent video where college coaches are now offering just about everyone that has potential. I think this is because of the nil situation where a little more change from another team can cause a player to de-commit real quick. Not to mention the transfer portal.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

You think Ironton and HP are the only D5 schools getting transfers? Think again.It’s an arms race. :roll: :roll:

Jussmypinion
Waterboy

Post by Jussmypinion »

HatTrick wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:04 am BOOOOOM just offered!! WOW

............a preferred walk on spot (you may see some special teams by year 5 after redshirting)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing wrong with a PWO, but c',mon IHS be honest when making your posts, selling these kids a bunch of wolf tickets. You kidd can stay at your home schools and pay to to be on a college roster, just like th BOOOOOOOOM kids!

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Jussmypinion wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:59 am
HatTrick wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:04 am BOOOOOM just offered!! WOW

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing wrong with a PWO, but c',mon IHS be honest when making your posts, selling these kids a bunch of wolf tickets. You kidd can stay at your home schools and pay to to be on a college roster, just like th BOOOOOOOOM kids!
Most of the kids are Offered scholarships at Ironton. Only a handful in last 5 years have walked on and it was advertised as a PWO.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:26 am I watched a recent video where college coaches are now offering just about everyone that has potential. I think this is because of the nil situation where a little more change from another team can cause a player to de-commit real quick. Not to mention the transfer portal.
Wow. That inspires even more curiosity why burg players are not being offered at the same rate as the Ironton talent.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:57 am

Pathetic if you ask me!

See, what you are missing is a lot of Burg kids, most of them sports players as well are going on to college to become Doctor's and Lawyers and such.

Once one of those "D1" recruits for Ironton makes it to the NFL then come talk to me!! Has any of them even sniffed the field since going on to college?? It's great they are getting that eduamication and all but as far as playing time. Isn't happening!

I'll take that Burg is a softball school right now. Bringing home that gold trophy each year has been nice!!
Kinda makes one curious as to why ALL of these physicians and attorneys the big city of wheelersburg produces ain't coming back to "the land of milk and honey" to practice, and why burgs average median income is so darn low and sad in comparison. I live in Loudon County in Northern Virginia where we do actually have a lot of "doctors and lawyers and engineers etc and we don't just claim to produce em when MAYBE one kid outta 4 or 500 is probably undergrad pre law or pre med and is most likely to change direction and be managing a Walmart in the area in ten years? 🤣

Gimme a break. That's cap lmao
Wheelersburg produces plenty of copper wire reappropriaters and methamphetamine cooks, but doctors and lawyers? 🤣 🤣 🤣

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:18 pm

Kinda makes one curious as to why ALL of these physicians and attorneys the big city of wheelersburg produces ain't coming back to "the land of milk and honey" to practice, and why burgs average median income is so darn low and sad in comparison. I live in Loudon County in Northern Virginia where we do actually have a lot of "doctors and lawyers and engineers etc and we don't just claim to produce em when MAYBE one kid outta 4 or 500 is probably undergrad pre law or pre med and is most likely to change direction and be managing a Walmart in the area in ten years? 🤣

Wheelersburg produces plenty of copper wire reappropriaters and methamphetamine cooks, but doctors and lawyers? 🤣 🤣 🤣
No one cares where you live my guy…wherever it is I’m certain it’s not Loudon County Virginia…as certain as I am that wherever it is, no one there likes you either 😂

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yeah, I believe RBH23 already called you out on the bulls#%t of Loudon county VA and how all of your money is coming out of Washington DC.

Keep spewing that bulls#%t and maybe one day you will just believe it yourself.

Hell, I'd love to manage a Walmart. Some of them are making upwards of $200,00-$300,000 a year

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:13 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:26 am I watched a recent video where college coaches are now offering just about everyone that has potential. I think this is because of the nil situation where a little more change from another team can cause a player to de-commit real quick. Not to mention the transfer portal.
Wow. That inspires even more curiosity why burg players are not being offered at the same rate as the Ironton talent.
Actually, the question is “why can’t IHS win a title with all of the talent?”

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

May want to double check your math on that. My class alone destroys your numbers. Hell, my three closest friends and I do that: one masters in economics and runs an investment fund, one pharmacist who’s also married to a pharmacist, one engineer who owns a very successful business, and one engineer with a MBA who is an exec at a Fortune 500 company. There are also other pharmacists, doctors, lawyers, engineers, and successful businessmen from our class of 110! Btw, none of us four made honor society at Burg and yet had incredible success outside of the Burg.

As for Loudon County, it’s great that you love it. But definitely not my cup of tea. Not a fan of the east coast. If I wanted to overpay for a house and taxes, I would move west. At least the weather is nice. But would never consider Loudon County a great place to live.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

522Pirate wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:28 pm

No one cares where you live my guy…wherever it is I’m certain it’s not Loudon County Virginia…as certain as I am that wherever it is, no one there likes you either 😂
That diploma from Burg high school and fifty cents might get you a cup of coffee if ya lucky my boy. You hayseeds are funny af when ya try to hype wheelersburg up as the epitome of academia. 🤣 Methamphetamines and opiate addiction and chronic obesity and low wages maybe. 🤣

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:07 pm

That diploma from Burg high school and fifty cents might get you a cup of coffee if ya lucky my boy. You hayseeds are funny af when ya try to hype wheelersburg up as the epitome of academia. 🤣 Methamphetamines and opiate addiction and chronic obesity and low wages maybe. 🤣
Not bad for a hayseed!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redonda_Miller

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:38 pm

Not bad for a hayseed!

Not bad at all. I believe she was part of the burg quiz bowl team that won the national quiz bowl championship. Another member of that team had experiments go into space on the space shuttles

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

fbnut wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:11 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:38 pm

Not bad for a hayseed!

Not bad at all. I believe she was part of the burg quiz bowl team that won the national quiz bowl championship. Another member of that team had experiments go into space on the space shuttles
Yes, along with the Walton brothers. Their science project won a national contest and did go up on the space shuttle. Both of them went to Purdue I believe.

As for Redonda, her siblings as did well: a teacher, a pharmacist, and a neurologist.

Again, not bad for a bunch of hayseeds!

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Keep your head up for mopeds and keep your purse and phone hid when walking in the city.Oh ,one more thing,when driving watch for car jackets. :roll:

Return to “Football”