Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Re: N W VS BURG

Post by Larry Fine »

wobycat wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:37 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:34 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:28 pm

Agree.

Wheelersburg undisciplined and spent too much time arguing with the ref.
Burg plays 5 sophomores most of the game. Their youth showed up big time today
Good thing that Lattimore transferred in

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:45 pm

He was definitely a help for this team. These sophomores are talented but they are sophomores. Lattimore gave them the boost they needed for their season. Burg had one senior transfer out and one not be able to play with a football injury. Lattimore made up for that for sure.
Last edited by wobycat on Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Oh yeah, but he had 4 or 5 turnovers himself in the 1st half

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:48 pm

Yeah he was prone to turnovers this year but he definitely helped on scoring

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:50 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:48 pm

Yeah he was prone to turnovers this year but he definitely helped on scoring
Oh for sure let’s be honest this season doesn’t unfold the way it did without him.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yes it is but Burg people can own up to that. Without him this team probably doesn’t win 8-10 games. He was probably the leading scorer in 95% of their games this year.

NW has two very nice players and a good supporting cast. They have talent to make it to state but three other teams are there as well. Pretty good SE DIII regional this year. Should be some good games.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to the Mohawks, and Coach Scarberry. By far the best team. Its refreshing to see a team WITH homegrown talent , win out over move ins with other teams. Makes it sweeter when you think what would the scores be with home grown with these other teams. Kudos to the Mohawks, looked strong, quick and determined. Convo is the best venue for these players, Regional semi finalist for the Northwest team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:04 pm Congrats to the Mohawks, and Coach Scarberry. By far the best team. Its refreshing to see a team WITH homegrown talent , win out over move ins with other teams. Makes it sweeter when you think what would the scores be with home grown with these other teams. Kudos to the Mohawks, looked strong, quick and determined. Convo is the best venue for these players, Regional semi finalist for the Northwest team.
Imagine if lintz stayed at Ironton. Good move on his part to come back and finish with his teammates.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:04 pm Congrats to the Mohawks, and Coach Scarberry. By far the best team. Its refreshing to see a team WITH homegrown talent , win out over move ins with other teams. Makes it sweeter when you think what would the scores be with home grown with these other teams. Kudos to the Mohawks, looked strong, quick and determined. Convo is the best venue for these players, Regional semi finalist for the Northwest team.
I remember when those NW boys and North Adams boys were in Jr High. I think they played against each other a couple of times and both squads have very few losses. It should all show up on the seops jr high page for2018- 2020 time frame. With wins in their next games ,the could compete again for the right to go to state. I'm sure that was their dreams 4 years ago as well.
Last edited by Hoopie74 on Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

A team like that is a rare breed anymore. A team without transfers. You know harvest Prep is one of the teams in the DIII Regional! You want to talk about transfers.

Southern Ohio should have put a team together of all the best talent around just so they could compete. You know a public school hasn't made it out of the SE DIII Regionals since 2016 and that was Fairland and they got waxed in the state semifinal by Cleveland St. Joseph, a private school.

I wish NW all the luck in the world because at this point it takes some luck along with that talent.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:29 pm
I remember when those NW boys and North Adams boys were in Jr High. I think they played against each other a couple of times and both squads have very few losses. It should all show up on the seops jr high page for2018- 2020 time frame
I think North Adams has the tougher matchup in Harvest Prep. Be nice to see an all public school Reginal final. I think NW can beat Malvern. They like to slow it down and I think that plays into NW's hands. They play a pretty good halfcourt game.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

wobycat wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:11 pm
Imagine if lintz stayed at Ironton. Good move on his part to come back and finish with his teammates.
Could have been a great team. These transfers are disgusting.

😘

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:17 pm Oh man Burg fans crying about foul calls? The irony. This is real basketball outside of the Burg breadbox and the local refs homering everyone else
Lol

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:33 pm
I remember when those NW boys and North Adams boys were in Jr High. I think they played against each other a couple of times and both squads have very few losses. It should all show up on the seops jr high page for2018- 2020 time frame
I think North Adams has the tougher matchup in Harvest Prep. Be nice to see an all public school Reginal final. I think NW can beat Malvern. They like to slow it down and I think that plays into NW's hands. They play a pretty good halfcourt game.
I'm sure hoping for a southeastern elite 8. Dreams come true for these schools. Nathan Copas led his team to the final four in the 90s. Now he has a chance to get his senior son into the finals. Hoping NW and NA get to fight it out for it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

NW97 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:38 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:17 pm Oh man Burg fans crying about foul calls? The irony. This is real basketball outside of the Burg breadbox and the local refs homering everyone else
Lol
Terrible take. Burg doesn’t usually get the benefit of the whistle and sure didn’t tonight. But there were times I thought they could have called more fouls on burg too. The refs were very inconsistent tonight but northwest played through it, burg did not. Congrats and hoping northwest keeps dancing.

Swankier just getting his shots in as his team benefits from three burg transfers. Lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:35 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:11 pm
Could have been a great team. These transfers are disgusting.

😘
Leads to interesting discussions

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:39 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:33 pm

I'm sure hoping for a southeastern elite 8. Dreams come true for these schools. Nathan Copas led his team to the final four in the 90s. Now he has a chance to get his senior son into the finals. Hoping NW and NA get to fight it out for it.
After the Adams county schools consolidated in the late60// early 70s there was a suggestion that North Adams and Peebles consolidate into one Northern Adams county school. Always wondered how good of a school they would have become. At that time Peeble and North Adams had some great teams .

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

wobycat wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:41 pm
NW97 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:38 pm
Lol
Terrible take. Burg doesn’t usually get the benefit of the whistle and sure didn’t tonight. But there were times I thought they could have called more fouls on burg too. The refs were very inconsistent tonight but northwest played through it, burg did not. Congrats and hoping northwest keeps dancing.

Swankier just getting his shots in as his team benefits from three burg transfers. Lol
Should’ve kept them. Maybe you’d have beat little ole Northwest and South Webster this season.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Northwest won in every category except fouls. Congratulations to the Mohawks on their first district title. Made history and that is pretty awesome. They were the tougher and more determined team tonight.

I disagree however with a previous post about Northwest winning the next one. Malvern is 26-0 and very good. They will trap you in the half court, turn up the heat, and press you several different ways. They are very athletic and can score in bunches. It takes absolutely nothing away from Northwest tonight, but the next one will be a handful.

Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:32 pm Lintz and Bolin are really good players. Add in Wolfenbarger and you have a scary good trio.

Tempo was the way Northwest wanted it. Scarberry is a very deserving coach to win a district championship.

Northwest is a very tough out and when they shoot the ball well from deep, my goodness. Here’s to hoping an SOC team makes the regional championship.
Can't forget Jay Jenkins.....he's the glue that holds that team together. Doesn't get as much notoriety but he's on of the best point guards in the region and best hands down defensively.

Return to “Boys Basketball”