SOC Outlook

juanmorales
JV Team

SOC Outlook

Post by juanmorales »

What's the SOC looking like this year??

I'm sure Valley takes a hit. Don't know about the G men from Glenwood or Clay. I know SW still has the Zimmayman kid.

On the other side.. What does Waverly and Burg have this year. Minford have anything??

The Flush
Varsity

Re: SOC Outlook

Post by The Flush »

I look for Waverly to be much improved this year. They were very young last year (only 1 senior?) with a first year coach. With more experience returning plus some nice Freshmen, they will be much more competitive. A parent I talked to said they looked good at the Rio Grande camp. Have not heard any reports from the Albany showcase this past weekend.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

SW should win their 16th straight SOC1 title with ease. The SOC2 should be a tough fight. Burg, Minford and Waverly all have a shot. Minford and Burg both lost a lot to graduation, but Burg has 11 seniors this year, so I give the edge to Burg just based on experience and being the defending champs, but I don't see it being decided until October.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Webster easily wins SOC1 with Zimmerman winning offensive player of the year, and Dutiel who is all over the place winning defensive player of the year.

I agree that it will be a battle between Burg and Minford in SOC2. ChrIstian Hughes as offensive player, and either Tolle or Gullett from Minford winning defensive player of the year.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Does anyone have the schedules for the SOC boys or SOC/OVC girls previews?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

4thgoal wrote:Does anyone have the schedules for the SOC boys or SOC/OVC girls previews?
The boys previews are Friday 8/12 at New Boston. The schedule is as follows:

5 Ironton St. Joseph vs TBA
6 West vs Clay
7 Minford vs South Webster
8 Northwest vs Valley
9 Wheelersburg vs Glenwood

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

4thgoal wrote:Does anyone have the schedules for the SOC boys or SOC/OVC girls previews?

Does anyone have the schedule for the girls preview tomorrow?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Preview Results

Ironton St. Joseph 0 Rock Hill 0

Clay 2 West 0

South Webster 1 Minford 0

Northwest 2 Valley 1

Wheelersburg 6 New Boston 0

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

I wouldn't count Northwest out just yet either, they have improved as well.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Big game for both Northwest and Wheelersburg today. Loser may be out of the SOC talk and winner is right up there putting pressure on Minford.

Good luck to both teams and injury free game

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelerburg won the girls game 5-0 and also won the boys game 2-0.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

I really thought Northwest would have won or been closer to at least a tie. How did the game go if anyone was there?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

NW played 6 in the back the whole game and had a few breakaway chances for #11, but other than that NW really didn't have many scoring opportunities. It was a struggle for Burg to penetrate the packed box on the NW end, but Burg did possess the ball much better.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Closer game than score showed. #11 would have had more breakawawy chances but kept getting grabbed as he ran by the defenders. Northwest also had a direct kick taken away as both teams setting up for it, opposite side ref called for a drop ball given. All in all, I would say both teams are equal. Northwest had shot on goal that hit side post and ricocheted off top post, if it went in they would have took 1-0 lead.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Waverly at Burg tonight. Is this the game that gets burg some momentum for the second half of the season? Another if you lose, your SOC hopes may be over early.
Waverly wasn't fast enough to contain Northwest speed so I don't see them stopping Hughes tonight.

3-1 Burg

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

I would think Waverly adjusted after Northwest game. I would be shocked if they let speed get behind them again. Waverly has some scorers and good possession skills. I would say whoever scores first will probably win.

Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

Will the soc ever realign soccer like they did football?

Sw
Burg
Minford
Waverly

Nw
West
NB
Clay
Valley

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

Da man wrote:Will the soc ever realign soccer like they did football?

Sw
Burg
Minford
Waverly

Nw
West
NB
Clay
Valley
That may not be necessary in 3 or 4 years. Northwest is on par with Minford, Burg and Waverly, and West's youth system has caught up and is producing some good players. They're expecting 12-15 freshman next year who have had several winning seasons in a row and has a few players who could be stars.

athlete1120
Waterboy

Post by athlete1120 »

Agree with the last statement to some extent. I've heard west has a few huge classes coming up and even with just more numbers it will help, let alone a few kids who are really skilled. Minford, Burg, and Waverly have always been decent year in and year out it seems. Northwest has really improved the past few years and is competing/winning games with these top teams now as well. Waverly is mostly underclassman this year and will be even better next I would think. Northwest will as well, only losing 1 or 2 guys after season. BIGGEST issue as always is Webster...Obviously if you have won the league back to back to back to back to back...and so on....that's what needs looked at. I like the idea of what the premier league does and the winner of SOC 1 moves up each year and last place of SOC 2 down...sounds cool at least...i'm sure scheduling would come into play

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Minford 2 Waverly 1

After one official tried to clear the stands before resuming play because a fan yelled something, Minford scored 2 goals in the final 8 minutes to win. One Minford fan was ejected but the ref wasn't able to clear the stands.

Anyone ever seen this before?

Return to “Soccer”