Jackson Ironladies????

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Time will tell. It doesn't really matter right now. They have a head coach, and Anna will do fine whether she is the varsity assistant or junior varsity coach.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It's almost unbelievable that the job was offered to 3 different persons that are all 24 years old or younger...and McKinniss didn't have enough experience to handle things? The more I hear the more it's without a doubt what happened.

Martin will be good for the program.

76ers
Waterboy

Post by 76ers »

best of luck to Jay and his staff. Most of all best of luck to the girls who love to play the game.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

3 people that were 24 or younger, who would these people be? Obviously Anna was 1 who were the other two?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Anna is not the JV coach she is an assistant to Jay. Don't know if the paper got it wrong or if it was reported to them wrongly.

RedandWhite
Waterboy

Post by RedandWhite »

This whole situation is sad. Those girls wanted to play for Heath and still do. The program was headed in a positive direction for the first time in years. McKinniss developed a summer league for them and they also suited up a freshman team for the first time under his tenure. Now, look at things...no summer camp, no summer league, not a very good summer schedule at all, very few are showing up for open gym and there are several players not part of the returning eight who aren't even playing anymore. For the Super and AD to say that they wanted to go in "a new direction"....the only direction that program is going is DOWN THE TUBES. Nothing personal against Jay, but he stepped into a very sticky situation and said he was only doing it to keep the girls going because they had already lost so much valuable conditioning. If there was good reasoning for not rehiring McKinniss that would be one thing...but there wasn't....again it's Jackson and politics! It only takes ONE parent to have a personal relationship with someone who pulls all the strings, and the rest of the girls suffer from it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I agree that everything that has transpired is garbage, however it has been done and you know it's not going to be changed. Those remaining girls can do one of 3 things.

1. Transfer to play somewhere else and join a group of girls you don't know nearly as well and realizing you won't be nearly as wanted as you are in Jackson by those that do matter to JHS basketball.

2. Quit basketball entirely and give up what you have worked so hard for and 10 years down the road regret not finishing out what could've been...woulda, coulda, shoulda

3. Use this cruddy situation, place the chip on the shoulder and bond together more than ever with your teammates and see how god youi and your team can get. Loads of garbage HAS happened, but don't let it foil what still COULD happen.

IMO #3 is the answer and I'd guess the ex coach would agree and would love nothing more than to see the same girls that he taught take Ironlady basketball to the next level and beyond.

If there is anything those girls can do for their former coach it would be to succeed against the odds and if you don't do it for him then do it for yourself!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

There are some very good young girls coming up through the program. I was impressed with some of them at Oak Hill's camp today.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The grapevine had GREAT info today!

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

92, what are you hearing over highland county way?

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

3 ppl under 24, wow Ironman, perhaps I should have applied and we swap houses for the year? haha

lib4112
Waterboy

Post by lib4112 »

I hear Andy Rice will be the J.V. coach and Jay Martin the head coach. They are switching roles from how it was three years ago. I wish both coaches good luck. They are great guys and will work well together. Let the girls play. They will miss McKinniss, but my daughter has played for all three of these men and they are all good coaches. The girls need to come together, work hard, play hard, learn and execute. Keep going strong Ironladies.

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

So far all I have heard and all I have read is that coach McKinniss should still have his job(I strongly agree).......he doesn't. Jay Martin is now the head varsity coach at Jackson High School. Anna Ramey will be a huge asset to the program. Now I hear that former head coach Andy Rice will be the JV coach. With everything that has happened the ONE thing that is missing and should be more prevalant than anything is COMMUNICATION!!! There's been NONE!!!

Trying to find a golf game!!!
know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Competitor,
I will communicate with you. Coach Martin is the head coach, Coach Ramey is the assistant, and Coach Rice is the junior varsity coach. There you go! :o

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

"Know your role"

I have no idea who you are but are am fairly certain you know who I am. Yes, you "communicated" to me that Jay is the head coach, Anna is the varsity asst and Andy Rice is the JV coach. I already knew that!!! You COMPLETELY missed my definition of communication. I was talking about communication between the "powers that be" and the returning players and parents. We ARE NOT talking about a normal coaching change here.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

How did the girls fare at Ohio Dominican?

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Competitor,
I definitely know you, and you definitely know me. I hope things turn out well for the Ironladies this year. Good luck to all the players and staff.

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

know your role, I have NO idea who you are. Maybe a clue or two would help.

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

My final post on this topic (unless someone calls me out).

Good luck to Coach Martin and especially good luck to a LOT of girls that I am VERY close to!!!!!! I wish nothing but the best for them!!

Regulator, I agree, what a great post. When I got in trouble in school, it was even WORSE at home. And the coach was ALWAYS right!!!!!!

"know your role", again, I have no idea who you are, but you want to move on, again good luck.

The AD and Sup can't blame ANYTHING on the "competitor's" family anymore!!!!!!!! We have moved east, and I MEAN moved!!
Last edited by Competitor on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Girls Basketball”