Chillicothe vs Portsmouth - Home - Dec. 28, 2007 6pm

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I have talked several times with Coach Shoemaker and AD Tom Grashel about getting Ashland back on the schedule.....I always liked playing the Tomcats, a very old and competitive rivalry.

I also would like to see Greenup Co. back on the slate; the 2 schools are just across the river from each other.......I really liked going to their gym, which is still one of my favorites....the Greenhouse......

It's a shame the OKAC couldn't get back together, but the Kentucky football district alignment probably kept it from happening again.

But I am very happy with the SEOAL.....it's great for our school and kids.....

Manitou Dan, I remember that Russell team; it was hard to believe that they didn't win the 16th Region....they had a big kid in the middle by the name of T.J.Maynard, and I think he later became football coach at Greenup Co.. I remember Jones, he was a smooth ballplayer, really a good guard.......

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ManitouDan wrote:Those Ky-oh games back then were something else ---When portsmouth and GC hooked up back in the 80's it was usually a pretty hyped game. The p-town fans loooved Coach Ward :lol: I think they should definetly schedule each other ---see if you can get that done trojandave ! MD

Chris Jones who walked on at UK was the star of the Russell team , he could leap with anyone , Scott Humphries was the point guard, and is now a very sucessful coach in northern KY at some HS.

Don't remember the 2 point game to close out the year with GC , bet it was a dandy.

ahhhh..the little green man :lol:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

TJ was a 4 year scholarship football guy at UK . Not a small guy. Yes he was head coach at GC (even though he was a russell guy and they despise each other) . He did a good job in a tough football spot.

Don't remember who won the 88 16th region. Maybe GC with Tracy Claxon ??? If that was the right year Tracy "Big Jack" Claxon led GC to the final 8 and was beaten in a very close game with a trip to the Sat am semi's on the line. GC's guard missed a shot a the buzzer that would have won it. They were big under dog's in that game. Everyone looves to dog Coach Ward but they guy produced pretty well, I thought they would get killed in that game. MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

best directions to get to the school from Portsmouth?

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

23 to the 35 "split" on the Chilly bypass... stay on 35 West til you get to the High street/104 exit, turn left and head into town, 2nd light after the BP station make a left, school is straight ahead, plenty of parking

Calling it like it is...
Army
S

Post by Army »

See you at the game hopefully Trojan Dave.

Army :-D

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

go cavs beat the trojans

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

End of the 1st quarter

Chilli 25 Portsmouth 8

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Halftime

Chilli 41 Portsmouth 20

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

End of the 3rd qtr

Chilli 63 Portsmouth 35

jottings
SEOPS H

yabadab...

Post by jottings »

Do you have a reserve score of Portsmouth-Chillicothe?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

No, I didn't get that. I'll see if they give it at the end of the game here.

Final score

Chillicothe 79 Portsmouth 51

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Here is the JV score Jottings

Chilli 62 Portsmouth 52

jottings
SEOPS H

thanks!

Post by jottings »

Thanks. Need Logan-Marietta varsity and reserve scores to complete SEOAL standings

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

wow this was a very sloppy game. both teams seemed mentally out of it. turnovers galore, missed layups, quitting on D. saw it all tonight. Chilli appeared to just be going through the motions. but i guess its hard to be sharp every game.

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

I have posted on the other topic that is started, however, I am still venting a bit.

I am probably most disappointed in the defensive effort (after Q1) and the mental lapses with turnovers (throwing and catching). Much of this is attributed to the 17 point lead after Q1, but we have to keep the foot on the petal and play smart. That starts with the leaders on the team. The game was never in doubt, but don't play YMCA sloopy ball (as Coach K. called it tonight).

To the Trojan faithful, I have been saying the program will be there, and I believe it is coming. I believe they are the next best team in our Division and will win plenty of games in the 2nd half of the season. I thought our veteran guards created a lot of turnovers with the young guards. They clearly had not seen that kind of quickness yet. Also, as was the case with Chilly 2 years ago, you cannot practice at that level, unless you have a full squad and some talent in the second and third five. I noticed the Trojans only had 10 or so dressed tonight. Is that normal?

Anyways, it is good to see the Trojans on the rise and the Cavs get another W.

GO CAVS!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”