Is there a chance to start a New League in SE-Ohio (SEOAC)

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I dont think it will happen as long as current powers that be are in control. Change of any kind takes time and young blood. The idea is not bad, in fact, I kind of like it. The level of play is a definite improvement for everyone.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

2old, you really and truly make no sense. You ask a question, get an answer, then you don't like the answer so it turns into the same old same old; "blah blah blah, everyone sucks but Logan, blah blah blah Logan is great." You can't spell and you can't stick to the topic, what can you do? :lol:

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

2old

Just because I see a lot of advantages to this new league you think I want to duck Logan. Well sir you are wrong, I have no desire to duck Logan and I venture to say that the team I support will do just fine against Logan in all sports.

This discussion was about what people thought of this as a possible league. It was not about ANYTHING to do with Logan!

You brought Logan up where no one else was discussing them, now who looks like a whiner, its you 2old!

Now to address your questions:

You need to review Logan's schedule. Logan plays more d-1's than anyone in the league.
WHO ELSE SHOULD BE PLAYING DI's? Do you want an award or something for doing something you should be doing?

Let alone playing D-2's in the league.
WHO ELSE SHOULD BE PLAYING DII's? Do you want another award for doing something you should be doing?

Tom as far a relevance. i think Ironton should win some games and become relevant again,
Last time I checked your opinion was not requested or required.

explain to me why no one wants to talk about Logan's d-2 comrades. Jackson, Marietta, and Zville.
Jackson was discussed. The whole discussion centered on possibilities of participants who were within favorable travel distances and that was the purpose of this thread. There was a civil discussion taking place until you barged in with your typical (LOOK AT ME I'M AN IDIOT) Logan is the best crap.

Can you not understand, as far as this discussion goes, NO ONE was talking about your precious Logan or cared to discuss them until you barged in tried to make Logan the topic.

GET A LIFE!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

It's a shame this thread won't get the attention it deserves. It really is a good idea and it would be great to see the possibility explored of a league involving these teams. Instead of good discussion, it will be hijacked by a couple idiots who make this thread, as well as everything on this forum, about Logan.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

BWH

I think it was 1 idiot that hijacked the thread.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

2old

have you ever heard the term nunua?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Another post that talks about how great Logan is instead of the topic at hand, what a shock :shock: :roll: .

Logan isn't forced to be in the SEOAL. Therefore, they CHOOSE to be in the league with smaller teams and CHOOSE to play them in every sport. You can say they are forced to but that isn't really the case now is it?

Winning the football title a few times recently by no means makes your team the "class of the league" as you put it. Your coach has class and your players have class but you sir have none. :cry:

You say Chilli can't beat Logan? Didn't Chilli beat Logan last year? Of course you'll say that didn't count because it was the nonconference game Logan lost. The fact remains, Chillicothe did beat Logan.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

gahs4ever

Just because thats the way its always been doesn't mean that it could not happen. An honest discussion between the powers that be could bring about the same thoughts that many of us have expressed here (not counting ...... you know who). The economics of the situation may be advantageous to a lot of schools.

Long travel distances have an effect on the economics besides travel costs, it does result in lower gate revenues besides time away from the classroom for students on some occassions.

It is an idea worth discussing and investigating. I would hope that someone connected to one of these progams might just take a little time to see if there would be any interest. I might surprise a lot of folks.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

gahs4ever wrote:The SEOAL might think 100 mile trips are fine and dandy, but I dont know why anyone who usually has to only travel in county would want to not only throw away long standing rivalries and tradition, but drive farther to do that.

That is one of the main reasons I doubt we will see any new or "fantasy" leagues started. Most schools in southeastern Ohio outside of the SEOAL are in local leagues with local rivalries and it just does not make sense to have to travel like that for league games when you don't have to.

Also, and I think this is a major point, but if you did in fact create a fantasy league of say the top ten football programs in southeastern Ohio, I don't think they all would remain top programs. A couple teams would have to really struggle in that league because there are always winners and always losers in every league. While those teams started losing, a few teams in other leagues in the area would start winning, thus changing the top teams.

That is why I think smaller schools like Wheelersburg, Nelsonville-York, or even a Westfall are in perfect conditions as things stand right now. They are all in leagues that they traditionally win and this gets them to the playoffs in many years. If you already have a formula that gives you those results, why would you want to change that formula?

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

NYBuckeyes96

Sometimes new ideas get discussed and something develops and sometimes nothing develops. From most of the people related to the schools mentioned there has been a degree of interest in the idea. I think the idea is worth discussing whether anything becomes of it or not. You never know, it could happen.

If new ideas were never discussed, we could all be going around under the assumption that the world is flat. Thankfully Galileo and a few of those old guys were open to discussing new ideas.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Also consider this...had NY remained in the SEOAL and played at the level they have played since the early '70's, the only years NY would have likely won league titles would have been the five years NY went undefeated....1981, 1982, 1992, 1994, and 1997.

Those five 10-0 teams, plus the 8-2 1998 team, were the only NY teams that were able to defeat Logan. So it would have been unlikely NY would have had a SEOAL championship in any other year.

So to me, it makes no sense for a decent small school program to join a bigger school league like the SEOAL. It would do more harm than good to the program in the long run.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

NYBuckeyes

Sorry but I don't see your point. The discussion of this new league did not involve either Nelsonville or Logan as participants.

If your only reason for being part of a league is to win a championship trophy then there are not many good reason to be in a league. The points that have been discussed are travel time, competativeness, economics, size of schools, and a few other considerations. My discussion has been about all sports, not just limited to football. I know this is the football forum but the problems some schools are "seeing" involve other sports and the travel considerations there.

The competition would be fierce in this league as proposed. The true winners would be the students. After all as I see it, education comes first!

Army
S

Post by Army »

10mike wrote:Like gahs said, the SEOAL isn't going anywhere. Jackson, Logan and Gallia Academy are the only schools who have remained in the league since it's creation. I don't see any of those three schools going anywhere any time soon. Any realistic ideas for the SEOAL should start with the above mentioned teams and go from there.

SEOAL
Jackson
Gallia Academy
Logan

Whoever else wants to come and go can do so, but those three teams will be here!

10mike,
Did you forget about your (Jackson Ironmen) in the 1980's, when they tried to get into two different leagues but, were turned down by both the Southern Ohio Conference (SOC) and South Central Ohio League (SCOL) :?: :-D

Sticking around for the long haul huh? Not to include the past 3-4 years Jackson was sending representatives to the TVC-Ohio meeting :?: :-D

Why were they even attending those meetings, to just observe, aren't they in the SEOAL :?: :shock: :-D

Why are Jackson Coaches attending the TVC Meetings in the first place :?:

Do you know :?: :-D

No dis-respect, I can tell you this much concerning the TVC-Ohio, the (Gallipolis Blue Devils) D4 have a far better chance of being accepted into that Conference before your Ironmen do. All your former SEOAL Charter Brothers, would vote no to your Ironmen, those being Nelsonville-York D5, Wellston D4, Pomeroy Meigs D4 and now The Plains Athens D3. :-D

I do seeing those schools seriously debating the issue and possibly letting Gallipolis in though.

Army
S

Post by Army »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:Another post that talks about how great Logan is instead of the topic at hand, what a shock :shock: :roll: .

Logan isn't forced to be in the SEOAL. Therefore, they CHOOSE to be in the league with smaller teams and CHOOSE to play them in every sport. You can say they are forced to but that isn't really the case now is it?

Winning the football title a few times recently by no means makes your team the "class of the league" as you put it. Your coach has class and your players have class but you sir have none. :cry:

You say Chilli can't beat Logan? Didn't Chilli beat Logan last year? Of course you'll say that didn't count because it was the nonconference game Logan lost. The fact remains, Chillicothe did beat Logan.

BlindWhiteHat,
Thanks for clarifying that up. 2old will most likely refuse to make it count, because it was considered a Non-League Game. I am not the AD or Super, but if a proposed league popped up like the one mentioned on my desk, I would have to seriously consider it. Waverly 19 miles, Portsmouth 40 some miles, Jackson 28 miles, Gallipolis, 48 miles, Wheelersburg 50 miles, Ironton about 68 miles. Portsmouth West 55 miles. You bet the School Board, Super, AD and Coaches at Chillicothe would seriously debate this move. Travel will become more and more precious and the ability to still play and build rivals would be much easier in this Triangle shape of the new SE-Ohio League. Like I said, this type of league would be one heck of a Football League. That's for sure. Also a heck of a Basketball League too!

ARMY :!:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Old Tom Morris, I mentioned it as an example. You could use that example for ANY winning programs in different leagues combining to form a new league. There are always winners and always losers in any league.

The best bet would be to start a new league of programs that traditionally have lost. That way, one or two of them could turn things around and make a winning program.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Sure glad you guys love to shoot your mouth off. It would be a boring off-season if not. Fortunately, the SEOAL is going nowhere and no one in SEO is looking to meet up with members of the current SEOAL in a new league.

Now the tiggers may run , but who cares. They just found out the league no longer belongs to them. And Chilli is still suffering the phobia of not winning a smaller league now that they bolted the OCC . The neurotic are on the loose again !!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But please, keep us entertained !! 8)

Have gun, will travel
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Paladin wrote:
Now the tiggers may run

The Ironton Fighting Tigers dont run.......cant you remember anything...

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

BHW,

You like GAHS confuse the staus of poster with that of judge. Your judgement is futher impaired by the fact you are an official. Do not flatter yourself ti think your opinion carries any weight.

You are so right, Logan is a charter member of the league they qwere kind enough to let the ironton quitters back in and now the quitters complain again. Good to see the Ironton boys are back to name calling.

You see BWH no denies Chilly beat Logan in 2006. It was however NOT a league game. I have no gripe with that. In case you have not noticed Logan does not lose in the league. Logan won the league undefeated and by two games in the year you mention. Logan dominates the league. Hard to argue with those facts. Go read the rule book.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

2old, you can talk about Logan to anyone in Ohio, But most people won't know who you are talking about. Logan who :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”