Chillicothe Cavaliers vs Logan Chieftians (Jan 4, 2008)

Army
S

Post by Army »

pfloyd,
I would have to disagree. I think they are evenly matched and if the CAVS don't blow it on the (Blue Devils Home Floor) they will make a decent game of it and it could go either way. The team you watched tonight was a CAV Team playing on half a tank.

You haven't seen them when they are playing real competition and bring there A Game full steam ahead. :-D

Only time will tell. If memory serves me right, it was the same thing BEING SAID about our CAVS last year. Everybody was not giving the edge to Chillicothe, and everybody was picking Zanesville over our CAVS. :-D

Oh well.

I also like our chances at the Schott against Newark.

So lets see. :-D

GO CAVS :!:

Roll Big Blue and White :-D

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Chilli/Logan

Post by tropicalbreeze »

I've seen both teams this year and last year. I "think" Zanes will have the edge at home, BUT, I do know that you can't judge either team by watching them win by 40 points against undermanned teams. I'm sure that Logan didn't see the Cav's team that will show up @ Zanes, as I'm sure Jackson didin't seen the same team that will show up 1/25, (I know for sure, i was @ that game). A better gauge might be the Nerk/Chilli game next Sat., but until Jan 25th, we will not know! The one thing I do know is that Chilli has improved, but Zanes is a completely different team from last year. They are a much bigger team and more athletic overall, but does that mean better than Chilli? Stay tuned!

Army
S

Re: Chilli/Logan

Post by Army »

tropicalbreeze wrote:I've seen both teams this year and last year. I "think" Zanes will have the edge at home, BUT, I do know that you can't judge either team by watching them win by 40 points against undermanned teams. I'm sure that Logan didn't see the Cav's team that will show up @ Zanes, as I'm sure Jackson didin't seen the same team that will show up 1/25, (I know for sure, i was @ that game). A better gauge might be the Nerk/Chilli game next Sat., but until Jan 25th, we will not know! The one thing I do know is that Chilli has improved, but Zanes is a completely different team from last year. They are a much bigger team and more athletic overall, but does that mean better than Chilli? Stay tuned!

tropicalbreeze,

I have to agree with you 100%.

GO CAVS :!:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... fellas I KNOW you can't judge what or who will show up in their head to head games ... as I posted based on the two contests vs a not so competitive Logan squad in the two match-ups (LHS vs ZHS/LHS vs CHS) - my impressions were that ZHS has the edge ... doesn't mean Chillicothe isn't the better team/doesn't mean the Cavs won't win on the 25th or the DOC ... only means that on the nights vs Logan - the ville looked the better team imo ... as you said - the same thing was said last season LOL ... the Cavs ended up playing their best ball as they approached the post season - and we know that CHS was outstanding in the post season ... maybe the term "better" isn't the right one to use here - probably terms such as ZHS being "sharper" , more "focused" are better descriptors ... or maybe CHS was "not as sharp", "less focused", "sloppy" - (CHS had 8 TOs in the first quarter/20 on the game) - fits better ...

... there were positives for the Cavs by the way - Seth Dawes played an outstanding game - a beast on the boards, worked the inside well on offense - I like that kid (he'll be special next season as a senior) ... Ray Chambers? what's not to like LOL - 23 points/ put back dunk LOL if there is such a thing it was an "easy 23" - really didn't have to work hard for it ... obviously Chilli IS THAT GOOD - they methodically beat Logan by 35 points ... it wasn't your knockout punch type 35 point win more of a methodical , "strong man competition" pounding of the Chiefs LOL ...

... Cavs didn't look as sharp/focused/disciplined as Zanesville IN THEIR GAMES WITH LOGAN ... therefore I stick with my tie at number 1 placement on the Elite 8 list giving Zanesville top billing however for "sharpness" , better focus - sounds like an HD TV - "it's all in the mirrors" as the commercial says LOL ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Chilli/Logan

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Pfloyd, I have no problems with your statements. I agree that in the games I've watched, zanes looks a little sharper. I just learned from last year that Chilli with it's athletics and potential can really be a good team against better competition. Last year I watched both temas and thought zanes would win by 15 points, then Chilli came out and played very sharp and crisp. I expect the same thing this year! The Nerk game Jan 12th will be a great game. BTW, Warren Harding should be favored against Zanes in the 1st game!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I also realize that the Cavs HAVE played better ball this season in the tougher games - they don't beat North College Hill if they couldn't "turn on their game" ... both ZHS and CHS are in their own league , separate from the rest of SEOAL teams ... some great games coming up for BOTH ZHS and CHS ... my Purple isn't playing on the 12th - I've penciled in the Cavs on the road vs Newark/Scholastic Play by Play for my "Weekend Special" road trip ... should be a dandy - give Humpty & Co. an opportunity to show me a more focused team ... added bonus being able to see ZHS vs Warren Harding right in front of that matchup ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

It speaks volumes about these two talented squads that people have to start "splitting hairs" when comparing both and trying to figure out which team will come out on top when they match up (likely twice!!). In the next three weeks leading up to the Jan. 25th matchup, expect both coaches to "push" their starting lineups for more minutes... much to the chagrin of some outmanned opponents on the schedule. Preperation for the Newarks, Warren Hardings, Dayton Dunbars, and each other is getting difficult to find night in and night out in the league. And, it is only human nature (especially for 16-18 year olds) to not be "sharp" or "crisp" when you know the outcome is likely to be 30-40 points on alot of nights. This has been the case for several years now @ the 'Ville. Chilly, and it's fans are just now getting a "taste" of it... good problem to have. One has to only turn back the clock @ 3 years for the Cavs to recall what the other end of the spectrum is like... at least the two dozen or so of us that were watching from the "cheap seats"!!!! Enjoy it... these are the "good ole days". Go Cavs!!

Calling it like it is...
qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

when does zanesville take on warren-harding?

thx in advance

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Chilli/logan

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Jan 12th @ 1:15 @ the Schott!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

qualified 101 ... Jan 12th at Value City Arena ...

Chillicothe vs Newark 3PM

Zanesville vs Warren Harding 1:15 PM

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Jan 12th

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Thanks Pfloyd...Getting my Arena's mixed up!!!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

pfloyd,

I see your point in terms of Z-Ville versus Chilly (comp games against Logan). To be honest, the game is coming to easy for the Cavs right now, so mistakes get made. I am not saying Z-Ville is not as athletic or talented as the Cavs, but I believe they probably are showing more of a worksman like attitude.

I also believe (and I will get criticized), that the Cavs Starters, go hard, but know they will only be in the game 2 1/2 quarters. That is a mental issue. We can get lazy with passes and try to do to much. We like to push, so the turnovers don't bother me when they are aggressive. I also think our excellent defensive starts early on, just kill the game, the crowd and the mental edge. Last night the officials called the game very tight and our kids did not get the energy going off the steals and easy layups. Except one layup, all of Humps points were on 3-balls. I did not see Beverly or Knights get to many layups either. That said, it is nice to put some 40 plus points in 2 quarters.

On the other hand, Coach A. seems to be playing the Blue Devils starters into the 4th qtr. I am sure he is mixing kids in and out. Also, I am not sure if Z-Ville has had this start/stop one game a week think going. We play 5 games in 8 days, so we will get some rhythm.

On a final note, the one thing the Cavs have in our advantage is excellent inside passing. Whether High/Low, against the zone, or one the break, the kids find one another. I think that will be to our advantage against Z-Ville (especially with Dawes playing very well).

That said, I would give the Blue Devils the Home Court advantage (we have not played there), but the game will be close and the Cavs big time players will step up.

GO CAVS!!!

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Army wrote:
HaterAid wrote:Sounds like the cavs had another good night. Would be nice if thier ACT scores matched thier points.

Hater-aid,
What's the Big school you support BOC-BOC :!: :-D

I still have not heard an answer, are you afraid Mr. Chicken to tell us the big power team you support :?:

You all know something, he must be a kid. Why :?:

Because if he was a real man that stood up for his team, he would tell us. But that's a real man, not a BOC BOC............................ :!: :lol:

FLASH....FLASH...... :!:

Hey Chillicothe Fans....a little bird just passed some info about our guest on the Chillicothe thread, hater-aid.

Hater-aid do you also go by another username on here.......like..

keeping it real.... :?: :shock:

Are you from Vinton County and a Big Vinton County supporter, but wont admit it ON HERE :?: :roll: :lol:

Now lets see......Chillicothe burst there little bubble last year, and most likely will again this year in the D2 Districts if the cards play out like they are headed FOR. So your Vikings lose to our CAVS and you start to beat up on our Schedule and our ACT scores. :roll:

Hmmmmm.....didn't your D2 Basketball Powerhouse lose to little Chillicothe Huntington-Ross D4 from the SVC the other night :?:

And I might add, at your Gym in McArthur, Ohio :?: :shock: :cry: :lol:

Those Ross County kids can sure play some B-Ball can't they hater-aid or what should I call you.....keeping it real :?: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Who else is on your big basketball schedule....... :?: :shock:

Lets see. You all are a D2 again this season in B-Ball right :?: :lol:

1. Racine Southern Meigs D6, D4 in B-Ball :roll:
2. Chillicothe Huntington-Ross D5, D3 in B-Ball :roll:
3. Belpre D5, D3 in B-Ball
4. Nelsonville-York D5, D3 in B-Ball
5. Chillicothe Southeastern-Ross D5, D4 in B-Ball :roll:
6. Wellston D4, D3 in B-Ball
7. Albany Alexander D4, D3 in B-Ball
8. Pomeroy Meigs D4, D3 in B-Ball
9. The Plains Athens D3, D2 in B-Ball
10. Glouster Trimble D6, D4 in B-Ball :roll:
11. Chillicothe Zane Trace D4, D3 in B-Ball
12. Philo D4, D3 in B-Ball
13. Jackson D2
14. Waterford D6, D4 in B-Ball :roll:
15. Waverly D4, D3 in B-Ball

Now lets look at Chillicothe's D3, D2 in Basketball Scheduled Teams

The CAVS are D2 in B-Ball.....the same as your Vikings. :-D

1. Columbus Brookhaven D1
2. Jackson D2
3. Zanesville D2, D1 in B-Ball
4. Logan D2, D1 in B-Ball
5. Cincinnati North College Hill D3 State Champs 2006, 2007
6. Dayton Dunbar D2 State Champs 2007
7. Newark D1
8. Marietta D2
9. Warren Local D3, D2 in B-Ball
10. Athens D3, D2 in B-Ball
11. Gallipolis D4, D3 in B-Ball
12. Ironton D4, D3 in B-Ball
13. Portsmouth D4, D3 in B-Ball
14. Waverly D4, D3 in B-Ball
15. Wheelersburg D5, D3 in B-Ball

And now you have the tanacity to question our Chillicothe City Schools ACT scores on this thread :?:

Hmmmm.............McArthur Vinton County :?:

I wonder if we would evaluate your D3 School against our D3 School....both being D2 in B-Ball, what the differences would be.

ACT and SAT Scores HUH :?:

Who would come out on top concerning McArthur Vinton County vs Chillicothe....in academic excellence concerning the highest scores on those two College Prep Test :?:

Would you like to compare and contrast :?: :lol: :lol:

Why so much hate for the Chillicothe Cavailers..
(hater-aid) or (keeping it real) :?:

Hmmmmmm could it be that the Vikings lone loss came at the hands of the Chillicothe Cavaliers in the first round of South East Division II District tournament in 2007 last year :?: :lol:

Wait until this year :!: :shock: :cry: :-D ;-) :lol:

ARMY :-D

R U retarded? Half of your school sizes are wrong. I would expect nothing less from a wellston grad. Why are you defending Chilly anyway you dont have a dog in this fight. I also KNOW you go to bed at night hugging your pillow tight thinking of keeping it real, but i am not him or her nor do i know him or her. But that is besides the point. I wasnt downplaying Chilly's schedule or talent. I will admit my post was harsh. And I do apoligize for the harshness of it. However, it seems to me schools have forgotten what is important. How can a student make passing grades and score below the teens on the ACT? Seems to me that sports are all that is important. Great you can dunk, great you can hit a three, you can jump out of the gym... even better. OH! dont worry about school or hitting the books. Work on your jumper thats what is important. Well we will see who has done what when scholorships are taken away because students cant do the minimum on a STANDARDIZED test.

Daisy
Waterboy

Post by Daisy »

Here's an article on the game last night.

http://www.jjhuddle.com/news/story.php?article=991

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

thx pfloyd and breeze.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

I'm ready for a big tripleheader of southeastern hoops next Saturday. Zville-W Harding and Chilly-Nerk. Then I'll be driving back into the friendly confines of the southeast to watch Logan Elm play Columbus Westland at night. Some of the best schools in the region.

Army
S

Post by Army »

HaterAid wrote:
Army wrote:
HaterAid wrote:Sounds like the cavs had another good night. Would be nice if thier ACT scores matched thier points.

Hater-aid,
What's the Big school you support BOC-BOC :!: :-D

I still have not heard an answer, are you afraid Mr. Chicken to tell us the big power team you support :?:

You all know something, he must be a kid. Why :?:

Because if he was a real man that stood up for his team, he would tell us. But that's a real man, not a BOC BOC............................ :!: :lol:

FLASH....FLASH...... :!:

Hey Chillicothe Fans....a little bird just passed some info about our guest on the Chillicothe thread, hater-aid.

Hater-aid do you also go by another username on here.......like..

keeping it real.... :?: :shock:

Are you from Vinton County and a Big Vinton County supporter, but wont admit it ON HERE :?: :roll: :lol:

Now lets see......Chillicothe burst there little bubble last year, and most likely will again this year in the D2 Districts if the cards play out like they are headed FOR. So your Vikings lose to our CAVS and you start to beat up on our Schedule and our ACT scores. :roll:

Hmmmmm.....didn't your D2 Basketball Powerhouse lose to little Chillicothe Huntington-Ross D4 from the SVC the other night :?:

And I might add, at your Gym in McArthur, Ohio :?: :shock: :cry: :lol:

Those Ross County kids can sure play some B-Ball can't they hater-aid or what should I call you.....keeping it real :?: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Who else is on your big basketball schedule....... :?: :shock:

Lets see. You all are a D2 again this season in B-Ball right :?: :lol:

1. Racine Southern Meigs D6, D4 in B-Ball :roll:
2. Chillicothe Huntington-Ross D5, D3 in B-Ball :roll:
3. Belpre D5, D3 in B-Ball
4. Nelsonville-York D5, D3 in B-Ball
5. Chillicothe Southeastern-Ross D5, D4 in B-Ball :roll:
6. Wellston D4, D3 in B-Ball
7. Albany Alexander D4, D3 in B-Ball
8. Pomeroy Meigs D4, D3 in B-Ball
9. The Plains Athens D3, D2 in B-Ball
10. Glouster Trimble D6, D4 in B-Ball :roll:
11. Chillicothe Zane Trace D4, D3 in B-Ball
12. Philo D4, D3 in B-Ball
13. Jackson D2
14. Waterford D6, D4 in B-Ball :roll:
15. Waverly D4, D3 in B-Ball

Now lets look at Chillicothe's D3, D2 in Basketball Scheduled Teams

The CAVS are D2 in B-Ball.....the same as your Vikings. :-D

1. Columbus Brookhaven D1
2. Jackson D2
3. Zanesville D2, D1 in B-Ball
4. Logan D2, D1 in B-Ball
5. Cincinnati North College Hill D3 State Champs 2006, 2007
6. Dayton Dunbar D2 State Champs 2007
7. Newark D1
8. Marietta D2
9. Warren Local D3, D2 in B-Ball
10. Athens D3, D2 in B-Ball
11. Gallipolis D4, D3 in B-Ball
12. Ironton D4, D3 in B-Ball
13. Portsmouth D4, D3 in B-Ball
14. Waverly D4, D3 in B-Ball
15. Wheelersburg D5, D3 in B-Ball

And now you have the tanacity to question our Chillicothe City Schools ACT scores on this thread :?:

Hmmmm.............McArthur Vinton County :?:

I wonder if we would evaluate your D3 School against our D3 School....both being D2 in B-Ball, what the differences would be.

ACT and SAT Scores HUH :?:

Who would come out on top concerning McArthur Vinton County vs Chillicothe....in academic excellence concerning the highest scores on those two College Prep Test :?:

Would you like to compare and contrast :?: :lol: :lol:

Why so much hate for the Chillicothe Cavailers..
(hater-aid) or (keeping it real) :?:

Hmmmmmm could it be that the Vikings lone loss came at the hands of the Chillicothe Cavaliers in the first round of South East Division II District tournament in 2007 last year :?: :lol:

Wait until this year :!: :shock: :cry: :-D ;-) :lol:

R U retarded? Half of your school sizes are wrong. I would expect nothing less from a wellston grad. Why are you defending Chilly anyway you dont have a dog in this fight. I also KNOW you go to bed at night hugging your pillow tight thinking of keeping it real, but i am not him or her nor do i know him or her. But that is besides the point. I wasnt downplaying Chilly's schedule or talent. I will admit my post was harsh. And I do apoligize for the harshness of it. However, it seems to me schools have forgotten what is important. How can a student make passing grades and score below the teens on the ACT? Seems to me that sports are all that is important. Great you can dunk, great you can hit a three, you can jump out of the gym... even better. OH! dont worry about school or hitting the books. Work on your jumper thats what is important. Well we will see who has done what when scholorships are taken away because students cant do the minimum on a STANDARDIZED test.

Hey RTD....I live in Chillicothe and our kids go to Chillicothe City Schools. NUFF-SAID on that :!: :-D

Stay on your side of the hills in Vinton County, where I am sure there are several preparing to attend Harvard and Yale :!: :roll:

Want to see who has more of a passing score on the STANDARDIZED test? Check out the OHDOE :!: :-D :lol:

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

This is the first time I was able to take in a Cavs game this year. Although, they are a very good team, they are not as good as they were last year IMO.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Ya know Army I was half joking when I asked if you were retarded, without responding to the question your last post answered it. You keep fighting the wrong fight. I made a comment on ACT scores for players and you answered with an arguement over schedules filled with your so called stats lmfao(BTW over half of your info was wrong). Then I post on highschool sports programs having their priorities mixed up by focusing on athletics before education. And you want to compare ACT scores between 2 entire schools. Ill tell you what why dont you stick to the subject at hand and compare the Bball teams scores. Also I think its hilarious that you live in Chilly and are tring to "Big City" me. I am not from VC nor do I live there. :oops: Another thing it cracks me up when Chilly fans post dunks, why dont you post something that is more rare like a made foul shot. Now back to you Army why dont you master your art at work instead of tring to be something your not on here (intelligent), I think if you work hard enough the golden spatula is within your grasp. Keep working on your flipping technique and stay out of grown up conversatios.

Nuf Said!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

HaterAid wrote:Ya know Army I was half joking when I asked if you were retarded, without responding to the question your last post answered it. You keep fighting the wrong fight. I made a comment on ACT scores for players and you answered with an arguement over schedules filled with your so called stats lmfao(BTW over half of your info was wrong). Then I post on highschool sports programs having their priorities mixed up by focusing on athletics before education. And you want to compare ACT scores between 2 entire schools. Ill tell you what why dont you stick to the subject at hand and compare the Bball teams scores. Also I think its hilarious that you live in Chilly and are tring to "Big City" me. I am not from VC nor do I live there. :oops: Another thing it cracks me up when Chilly fans post dunks, why dont you post something that is more rare like a made foul shot. Now back to you Army why dont you master your art at work instead of tring to be something your not on here (intelligent), I think if you work hard enough the golden spatula is within your grasp. Keep working on your flipping technique and stay out of grown up conversatios.

Nuf Said!!!

HaterAid,

Then where are you from Mr. Know it all? And who do you Support Mr. Know it all? You can't even spell correctly the word trying....look at your Post ABOVE. :roll:

By the way, I have a Masters Degree and some Post Graduate work. As for you, come on admit it, you are from Vinton County. if not then tell us. Are you ashamed? :roll:

We all know who you are. Like I said, your post are ignorant and don't matter. Why, because the CAVS are important, not you and your stupid nonsense. We will be waiting Mr. Educated for your reply...like where then are you from? And who do you support Chicken Little? Are you ashamed of your true heitage of being from the back-hills of Vinton County, where the Roosters crow and the Pigs oink :!: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”