Soc Predictions for next year

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Soc Predictions for next year

Post by rxburgfan »

sports tracker....I could not agree more. The level of play in this area is light years behind what you see in the central and northern part of the state. playing club ball is a great start, but how many from this area could even play club ball? as you mentioned. for the really good players they have given up on high school soccer. they know to play at the next level you need more competition and high school will not give that to you like high level club ball will. it is sad in many ways.

southern ohio needs new coaches and they need to work on developing youth programs and then these prepare kids for high school. would love to see this happen but i am not too confident this will happen any time soon.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

RxBurg Fan.... I do think several kids are playing club ball and I know many of them played indoor over the winter. I know the Rio Grande coaches have put together a club and that can only help southern ohio. Waverly, Wheelersburg, Minford, and SW all have players that is playing club so that is a good start. As for the coaches, they just need to be more supportive for their own programs and put more emphasis on the off season.

burgkeep09
Waterboy

Post by burgkeep09 »

ok for surly i know that there are many kids from burg that are playin club soccer........ and for a fact burg will most lkely win the socII the team that boll will be coaching this year has said to be better than they were last year......

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Now that it's starting to warm up has any body started open fields anywhere?

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

Burg has started open field on mondays and fridays. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Minford started open field last week on Tues. and Thurs., but there is people out playing about everyday.

burgkeep09
Waterboy

Post by burgkeep09 »

yeah burg started thier first open feild like 2 in ahlf weeks ago..........so lets give a definite opinoin on who will win the soc.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

any times?...i might try to hit some up within the next couple weeks

burgkeep09
Waterboy

Post by burgkeep09 »

burg ussually has theres at about 4 30 on hayprt by the river

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

burgkeep09 is this who I think it is?

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Roberto is that you?

burgkeep09
Waterboy

Post by burgkeep09 »

hey now u now it is

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

burgkeep09 wrote:hey now u now it is

what?? Its me Riepo.....you know who it is just think classmates man

burgkeep09
Waterboy

Post by burgkeep09 »

i thinkthat burg will come on top this year
Last edited by burgkeep09 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Flash_10
Waterboy

Post by The_Flash_10 »

Burg...Followed by...well who cares???
Burg shoud win out the SOC easily this year

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

I think that burg isn't going to be as good as everyone thinks they are.Yea they're "the burg", but schools dont bother me and if they think they're gonna have the "oh,crap" factor when the play minford, they're dead wrong.I'm not saying that they're gonna be horrible or really good, they're just being over-rated.

burgkeep09
Waterboy

Post by burgkeep09 »

ok then tell me who does minfrod have that will be a wow factor other than price and warren?

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

I don't think you can ever call a team overrated when the season is over 5 months away...'Burg is usually pretty solid..Winning/Competeing for the SOC, Sectionals, Districts...Everyone thought that they would go down hill after Craft left..Then Sampson stepped up...Then they thought they go down after Sampson left..Then Wes stepped up...the thing is that they'll always have someone step up. Throwing lewis in from Webster who's been playing club ball out of the Dayton/Col. Area means he's been playing some tough compition so i dout he's playing like soph. next season where ever he plays.

There's SO much time until the season starts...people can move in/ move out, exchange students, people might not play. You can't base your picks on the season when you don't even know what's going to happen in the fall.......

And all the Minford/Burg "Winning the league/Who can talk more crap" needs to stop...This is a prime example of why Southern Ohio Soccer is horrible....people talk trash on/off the field and when it comes down to the game people get out of control..

burgkeep09
Waterboy

Post by burgkeep09 »

thank you dr. phill..........j/k..... but yeah i just don;t like when people do talk there school up when they haven't really seen the other schools.... i can say i've seen alot of alot of the schools around here so w/e

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

So have i....I've played with/against some of the best players to ever come out of the SOC and current ones...so i know most of the teams and who has what...Minford should be strong, but like last year they have to keep there control on and off the field....'Burg has a strong tradition so they'll need people to step up just like minford will....the first two or three games will be important for both squads

Return to “Soccer”