Soc Predictions for next year

thenoose
Freshman Team

Re: Soc Predictions for next year

Post by thenoose »

NDC Soccer wrote:isn't it awfully early to already have exchange students for next year?

Yea it is for most be he made an early commitment and wanted to come for the summer to go to more open fields and practices and such.

The_Flash_10
Waterboy

Post by The_Flash_10 »

What will be some teams weaknesses this year in the upcoming season? Explain

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

thenoose wrote:News has spread that a foreign exchange student will be playing for the Falcons next season.He yields from the country from Finland.Also a new secret weapon will be at the disposal of the Falcons back line.He might not have as much skill as other, but he has tons of aggression and hustle.You better watch out or "The Virus" just might get ya!!

Haha, 'Cyrus tha Virus' BABY! ;-) He's also the 2006 Bird Calling State Champ! :lol:
Evan Price will not be playing soccer next year though, he is going to be the kicker for the football team. Coach Daniels is also trying to get him into some nice colleges, he's been nailing 40-50 yarders like nothing.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Wow! That is a big loss for the soccer program, but they had a decent season last year without him and probably will do fine again this year!

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

GrumpyOldFish wrote:
thenoose wrote:News has spread that a foreign exchange student will be playing for the Falcons next season.He yields from the country from Finland.Also a new secret weapon will be at the disposal of the Falcons back line.He might not have as much skill as other, but he has tons of aggression and hustle.You better watch out or "The Virus" just might get ya!!

Haha, 'Cyrus tha Virus' BABY! ;-) He's also the 2006 Bird Calling State Champ! :lol:
Evan Price will not be playing soccer next year though, he is going to be the kicker for the football team. Coach Daniels is also trying to get him into some nice colleges, he's been nailing 40-50 yarders like nothing.

WOW!! thats a big blow for the minford soccer team.... i am playing soccer and also kicking for the football team as well

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

Parkes made it a rule that you can only play one sport a season after his son graduated that played football and soccer also. :roll:

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

Im not sure of that rule grumpyoldfish. all the coaches know about it and they didnt say that i couldnt. Brian craft did it a few years ago for the burg and it was ok then. And why would they make that rule after one person for the whole state?

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

burgboy wrote:
GrumpyOldFish wrote:

Ive seen Matt Jenkins and Burgess, both past kickers for the burg, nail 50+ yarders in practice....but thats all it is--practice. Kickin a ball may seem simple enough but when the pressures on it may seem quite difficult

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

Burgboy, Parkes is the AD at Minford, it's just a rule that Minford has. It is stupid really, it needs to be taken out. Riepo Man, that's very true. We will have to see how he does with 11 people trying to block his kick.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

oh... so its only a rule that minford has.... i thought u were talking about all the schools.

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

wes was a great player for them and did alot of their scoring it will be tough to make up the difference they will have to have some kids step up.

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

Actually, that rule does not exist at Minford. When I was in high school (after Parkes' son graduated) I ran cross country and played soccer one year and kicked football and played soccer another year.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

GrumpyOldFish wrote:

Evan not playing soccer??HMM Don't think so.He's playing soccer and he may be kicking for the football team but I dont know.One thing I do know for a fact is that he WILL be playing soccer next season.He's got too much talent to let it go to waste like that.I'm not saying that kicking or playing football is bad, but with the skills that Price brings to the team he would'nt want to just throw that away.

The_Flash_10
Waterboy

Post by The_Flash_10 »

but if he had a chance to go to college...why wouldnt he stick with that.??

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

thenoose wrote:
GrumpyOldFish wrote:

Evan not playing soccer??HMM Don't think so.He's playing soccer and he may be kicking for the football team but I dont know.One thing I do know for a fact is that he WILL be playing soccer next season.He's got too much talent to let it go to waste like that.I'm not saying that kicking or playing football is bad, but with the skills that Price brings to the team he would'nt want to just throw that away.

So fellas is he playing soccer, football or both?

soccerdude
Waterboy

Post by soccerdude »

ok..
evan had all of that talent last year too, and he let it go to waste. who knows, he might do the same this year..

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

Here's a thought since its back and forth, evan price this... evan price that. Has the kid been on the soccer field training with the high school team? If he hasn't then why can't we all just shut up about the matter because until he's on the field training with them I wouldn't consider anyone a member of a soccer team

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Keegan wrote:Here's a thought since its back and forth, evan price this... evan price that. Has the kid been on the soccer field training with the high school team? If he hasn't then why can't we all just shut up about the matter because until he's on the field training with them I wouldn't consider anyone a member of a soccer team

Sounds like somebody is a little on the grumpy side!! :-D ..j/k.....Yes he has been on the field training with the rest of the team and he is looking pretty good.He still has a lot of power and movement on his shots and is still very quick.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

We still have room for some HS and Adult teams in our 3v3 Live Tournament this Saturday, May 24 at the Pike Co YMCA! Please contact me ASAP to get your team in...740-708-4576 or brian@3v3live.com

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

PC, I might be able to play if i can get a few guys together.How much is it to play??

Return to “Soccer”