Best Running Backs in SEOPS Coverage Area in History

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

bigtimehitter wrote
did jojo parker play at the next level?

I believe he played all 4 years at Fairmont state and in his first game as a freshman he had somthing like 186 yards and 3 tds and was player of the week in there confrence.

http://www.fightingfalcons.com/content/ ... sc0906.htm

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

FalconFan,

I think Locos meant that Parker played more than 5 years ago. By going back to a nice round number like 10, then Parker could be included.

OZZIE,

I was under the impression that JoJo didn't finish out his eligibility at Fairmont. If he did, then that's my mistake. I know he was quite successful when he did play though. I'll never forget the few times that I was lucky enough to watch JoJo play while he was at Portsmouth. That run against Licking Valley in the 2002 playoffs is probably still the best TD run that I have seen in high school football.

burgfan2
Waterboy

Post by burgfan2 »

OVCfan: I'm sorry but Mike Hunt would not be one of the top 5. When he played against Burg he didn't break many tackles, actualy I'd say he didn't break one and didn't out run any Pirates. I actualyl believe alot of Pirates were out running him.

10mike
Riding the Bench

Post by 10mike »

Dewey Cantrell and Derek Beaver of South Gallia would have to be included. During their senior season (2006) they led SG to their best record in school history (8-3). This was the young program's 2nd straight trip to the post season. Cantrell and Beaver were both probably 150 lbs. soaking wet but they could flat out scoot and they were tough as anyone pound for pound. Ask anyone who really knows D6 football in the area about these two and I'm sure they will tell you all about them.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

ironman02 wrote
OZZIE,
I was under the impression that JoJo didn't finish out his eligibility at Fairmont. If he did, then that's my mistake. I know he was quite successful when he did play though. I'll never forget the few times that I was lucky enough to watch JoJo play while he was at Portsmouth. That run against Licking Valley in the 2002 playoffs is probably still the best TD run that I have seen in high school football.

You are correct!! I just looked it up on there site. He was ther leading rusher and scorer in 2003. He played on 9 games in 04, and 05. Doesnt show anything for 2006 on him.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

ironman02 wrote:FalconFan,

I think Locos meant that Parker played more than 5 years ago. By going back to a nice round number like 10, then Parker could be included.

OZZIE,

That run that JoJo had against Licking Valley was by far the best run I have ever seen.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

haha i'm sorry burgfan but thats pretty much wrong. .. . . .what year did mike ever get to play against the burg?????

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

u must be thinking about cody in the 03 game????? and he outran and broke alot tackles in that game if thats where ur goin. . i'm not really sure. . .
but simply you can't be ignorant enough to say 100m champs and 300hurdle state contender couldn't outrun some burgites. . . . .

burgfan2
Waterboy

Post by burgfan2 »

If you are going on track that is a totally different sport. I have the tape of that playoff game, which ever Hunt that was and he didn't outrun anyone. He was in the backfield practically everytime he got the ball.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Drew Cannon from New Lex

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

A while back someone posted the video of Jo JOs run against Licking Valley, I would like to see it again.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:A while back someone posted the video of Jo JOs run against Licking Valley, I would like to see it again.

As would I. I'm sure we can find it somewhere. That Portsmouth team from 2000 was a fun team to whatch. I thought that they were good enough to be the state champions but they just fell one game short. Does anyone remember the Ironton game that year? Portsmouth totally dominated them. That game was capped off by a fumble return by Antonio Malone that was I think around 98 yards? Amazing play.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

2006 Curt Waugh-South Gallia High School
Curt put SG on the map

West Legend
Riding the Bench

Post by West Legend »

Drew Cannon......are you serious?

West shut him down and totally dominated that game.........I also believe that we won 34-0

If you are that good you should at least be able to move the ball

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

he just graduated from tiffin :mrgreen:

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

gaiters BY FAR!! in the last 5 years

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I agree with 91blue14 especially with some of the names mentioned on here??!!??
Donnie was the best player on the field every game he played in hs even at Beaver Local.
Some names are very puzzling, all were good but the topic is best from SEO last five years. JoJo was explosive if he got going. I think Gaiters was just as explosive but played on a more rounded team. Frye was another good one. Based on watching OSU' spring games Marcus Williams' name should be on here but he was used primarily on "d' at Ironton. He was an intimidator.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Colton Coy ...Adena

West Legend
Riding the Bench

Post by West Legend »

come on people

everybody is letting me down

Let hear some more!!!!!!!!

chiefswrestler09
Riding the Bench

Post by chiefswrestler09 »

i'd say kevin call he should of had the leauge mvp in 2006

Return to “Football”