Best Running Backs in SEOPS Coverage Area in History

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Best Running Backs from SEOPS Coverage Area in History

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Also, I was thinking pendelton from his sophomore to senior year against minford never had less than 180 yds and 3 tds. He seemed to really put it on minford. His junior year was crazy I know he ended up with over 300 in the game and if I'm not mistaken had 2 or 3 long ones called back.

gymrat
Riding the Bench

Re: Who is the best running back from SEO in the last 5 years?

Post by gymrat »

I dont think overall but I remember one game in which Kevin bass had well over 250 yards and 3 TDs against Portsmouth in 05. He won the Archie Griffin Player of the week for the State of Ohio.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Well if I was sticking to the last 5 years, I'd say Gaiters from Zanesville, and Frye from Logan. Going back 10 or more, I'd say JoJo Parker was the best I've seen but I'm biased there, I never saw anyone stop him though. I also liked Jeremiah Bolden (Portsmouth), the small speedy back Waverly had in the early 2000's, and I'm sure many more I'll think of when I'm not quite so sleepy.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

yeah burg your thinking cody hunt. . he was the smaller younger brother of mike who graduated the year earlier, trust me i played in that game, we were quite faster at the rb positions than anything the burg had, not that that made a diff in the game. . . .we just had a real bad gameplan, that offense was nasty. . . nothing prepared us for that offense all year. . the four wide and dives. . ugh

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

1. Jermon Jackson
2. JoJo Parker

Noone else is even in their league.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

How can Portsmouth fans for get about BOOMER?

Seen them both, and in my mind Jo Jo takes a backseat to Boomer and Troy Parker, who as a Sophmore was leading the NCAA in rushing and scoring going into week 6 when he tore his knee up.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

buckeye83 wrote:Jo Jo Parker was the best overall back ive ever seen in southern Ohio football wether your talking past 5 years or past 25 years

If you wanna talk 25 years, Jermon Jackson is far and away the best back from SEO. Bobby Brice would be number 2. Michael Parker was the best Parker of the bunch in Portsmouth. That kid was a freight train!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Roush was a great player, but Justin Gail was a level above him in my opinion. Roush had a lot more drive and goal to play at the next level. I would have loved to see Gail play 4 years at OU... he could have been drafted.

Purple Tornado
Riding the Bench

Post by Purple Tornado »

In the next few years you will all know the name "whopper." Just wait and see.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Purple Tornado wrote:In the next few years you will all know the name "whopper." Just wait and see.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Who are the tornados and what kind of name is whopper, more like flopper comin from a TORNADOOOOOOOOOOOO :122246 :lol:

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

futurebkstar wrote:2006 Curt Waugh-South Gallia High School
Curt put SG on the map

Well it would of been the 2005 season

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Even though he played both QB and RB I would say Jay Edwards from NY was very talented running with the football!

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:Even though he played both QB and RB I would say Jay Edwards from NY was very talented running with the football!

:roll:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:Even though he played both QB and RB I would say Jay Edwards from NY was very talented running with the football!

If Jay was a running back for 4 years he would have been one of the best ever at NY.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

biggdowgg wrote:Bryan Gaiters...is one of the best we have seen

If I am not mistaken, i believe he jumped over our whole defensive line one time on a goal line play into the endzone :122246 . After that, I was a believer lol

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

air4ce1 wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:Bryan Gaiters...is one of the best we have seen

If I am not mistaken, i believe he jumped over our whole defensive line one time on a goal line play into the endzone :122246 . After that, I was a believer lol

If im not mistaken Luke Wright made Gaiters look like a boy.

GreasyRidgeGuru
Waterboy

Post by GreasyRidgeGuru »

Yes, JO Jo Played 3 years at FSC.He was decent there. He was starting but a young man from Fl named Wendell Johnson came in and started sharing time with JoJo. He eventually beat him out and JoJo quit the team. Shame, only one year left. Johnson was good. He is in top three all time leading rushers, which is crazy good.Theyve had some good ones, ie Donny Overton who played in the NFL.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

The guys I have seen from Chesapeake are:

1) Josh Waugh- His senior season was prety darn good considering he had broke his foot only 8 weeks before the start of the season. He had a full ride from Miami, OH and waited like an idiot for Marshall. He went for around 1,500 yards his senior season with 22 rushing touchdowns. Was the SE District offensive PofY, and was also first team All-State, and Division 5 offensive player of the year. He was a man at 6'2, 200, and ran a 4.5 (he ran a 4.52 at Miami, OH). He could blow past you, run over you, run around you, jump over you, anything. IMO, he is without a doubt the best back I have seen. If Mike Hunt broke tackles, then Josh blew them up.
2) Cody Hunt- He was faster then Mike, and was much more agile. He could do it all, aside from block. Cody was stronger then he looked, and you better get a good shot at him, or he was gone. That is what speerates im from Mike, is his top end speed. Cody was an 11.1 100m runner, while Mike was more like 11.6. Cody also had much softer hands, Mike couldn't catch untill his senior year. I remember Cody making two huge grabs from Luke Beach when he was a sophomore that I had to od a double take. Cody seemed to have a lot more long runs then Mike as well.

Best runningback I have seen is Jo Jo Parker. He was a man playing with boys.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Parker from Portsmouth

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

JHS4EVER wrote: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:41 pm T.J. McDonald from Jackson High School Class of 2004. Very tough athlete.
hard nosed player right there

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”