What's gonna happen tonight in Minford?

SOCPirates
Waterboy

What's gonna happen tonight in Minford?

Post by SOCPirates »

Sloppy and wet will cause players to have to have there touch on point, is minford going to clinch the gold ball? Or is burg gonna give them a run for there money?

Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Re: What's gonna happen tonight in Minford?

Post by Soccerfan1 »

Minford by 2.... 3-1

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

If Minford scores first they will win. This should be a great game. I think think it goes down to the wire and ends in a draw 1-1

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Burg girls won 2-1 after 80 minute delay. Field was unfit for play but Minford AD and officials made call to play the second half.

Boys match rescheduled for 10/15 Saturday night. If burg and Minford win out until then it could be a huge game with an expected huge crowd.

Minfords field, maybe will be dry by that date....
This is why all schools need turf! At least to have as backup for situations like tonight.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

Minford wins 1-0 in a hard fought game. I feel as if these teams were evenly matched for the most part. I did like the change Burg made of putting Hughes in the Mid-field, the first time these two squared off Minford took him completely out of the game. He didn't score tonight but was more effective. It was a fairly clean game except at the end when a Burg player got overly physical with the Minford keeper (that yellow card could have easily been a red). Good luck to both teams in the Tournament. Play hard and anything can happen!

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

"could have" , I say it should have. That was the 4th time they ran into the goalie way after he had possession. This final time an intentional elbow to the ribs came with the collision.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

Not sure your definition of possession? That was the only time there was a late hit, and I agree it should have been a red card. The ball is free game until it is secured and there was no other time the ball was secured during contact. I thought other than that one play it was just a physical, hard played game by both sides.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

4th one was definitely cause for a red. One of the four was questionable, but there were two others where he definitely had possession when he we went high for two corners. Contact was made with him well after he landed. He was even knocked down and cleated one one of those two.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

I liked the officiating in the matter of letting the boys play and letting the 50/50 balls play out. But when you contact the keeper when he catches or is catching the ball it's a foul. Unless you get the ball and then make a collision while playing the ball, it's a foul and possible card depending on the contact. Let's keep the keepers safe and not try to officiate like we're in the premier league.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Heard that minford fans and players showed their selves again out there. Mule town rises up again.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Hear say is like politics. Ask the people that will tell you what you want to hear and it's not always true. Minford fans always yelling at refs etc but every teams fan base that cares does the same. Don't put it on the players who displayed sportsmanship during the match. Maybe if you knew more about the game you would know that burg had 2 players receive cards and Minford had 0. Burgs midfielder last night shouted the F word loud enough for the entire stadium to hear and the same player committed more fouls then anyone.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I'm sure burg players did their share but you must not have been there when burg players got on the bus. I trust my source. Always happens out there.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Don't know who your sources are but they were wrong. Because, ALL parents were waiting in the field area for their kids to celebrate the outright championship of the SOC. We could care less about saying or doing anything to your players after the game, so I don't know what kind of crap you are trying to start.
Last edited by minford17 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Well, I guess my source is correct. I never mentioned what happened at the bus, but you did. You are correct, things were said to the players.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

I never heard anything out of line from either section, it was actually one of the least vocal high school games I have been to. Most fans in the area are very passionate about their teams, but I didn't hear or see anything from the Falcon faithful or their players that was showing themselves. Congrats Minford and good luck in tournament play!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Were you at the bus?

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Nope, in the stadium with ALL the other parents waiting on our kids to celebrate winning the SOC. Wobycat, were you at the game? We're you at the bus? You sound like someone simply wanting to start a lot of crap that is being stated on unfounded hearsay. Nothing, and I repeat nothing was done or said to your precious Burgites.

Spoke to every parent and grandparent Saturday about the situation and they laughed at your comments, because like I said we were all in the stadium waiting for our boys to celebrate. However, facts remain that your boys showed a great lack of sportsmanship as stated above. Basically tried UNSUCCESSFULLY to take out the goalie because that was obviously the only chance you would have had to score. At least 2 yellows and one red card should have been given for this. Gullett should be given a lot of credit for showing his composure and not retaliating.

Only thing said as officials and Burg players exited was said to the officials, and quote "Poor job of protecting the goalie. There should have been 2 yellows and one red card". I sat on top of the hill by the exit and witnessed all activity myself. So, once again I call bull crap to your allegations.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

When did I say parents said anything? You just assumed that, but I do find it amusing you went out and talked to every parent and grandparent. Did you talk to any uncles? Precious burgites? That's a new one. Were you at the bus?

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Were you, or is it just more hearsay? I still call bullcrap. Just a distraction to take away from how your boys showed poor sportsmanship on the field.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Go back in thread. Comprehension of my posts will help.

"Heard that" - makes me not at game

"Trust my source" - not hearsay. Actual person told me. (No I will not tell who told me)

"I'm sure burg players did their share" - no distraction

Return to “Soccer”