What SE-Ohio teams play up concerning their Non-League games

hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Re: What SE-Ohio teams play up concerning their Non-League games

Post by hogfarmer »

[b][color=#0040FF]And Wellston, my alma mater would run over Hog Farmers Huntington-Ross Huntsmen year in and year out in Football if the Golden Rockets played them. :-D [/color][/b][/quote]

Wow. Congratulations. Do you still have your letterman's jacket?

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Army wrote:
boilermaker wrote:Dont start bashing Wellston because of Army, Wellston hasnt been in the SEOAL for 24 years now.

And Wellston, my alma mater would run over Hog Farmers Huntington-Ross Huntsmen year in and year out in Football if the Golden Rockets played them. :-D

Don't you mean your Alma MatRE? By the way, I looked it up for you. Chilly Chilly has 4 playoff appearances during their illustrious history in comparision to Jackson's 7. Has Chilly Chilly won 20 league titles in football? Guess who has. You guessed it, Jackson!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Boy this got out of hand , :roll: didnt it :122248 :|

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

boilermaker wrote:Boy this got out of hand , :roll: didnt it :122248 :|

No, no, it's right where it needs to be. All of SE Ohio putting Army in his place.

Army
S

Post by Army »

SouthernStorm wrote:Army - AKA - "The Realist",

Did you forget you were on the FOOTBALL forum again? When was the last time that Ross Chilly Chilly won a state title in football? How many league titles and playoff appearances does Ross Chilly Chilly have in football?

SouthernStorm,

How long has your School been in the SEOAL and hasn't won a State Title in a Major Team Sport :?: :lol: :lol:

Now, how long has Chillicothe been in the SEOAL and already won a major Team Sport (State Championship) :?: :-D

SCOL
1927.... 8-0.........................(S.C.O.L. CHAMPS)....(Undefeated)
1928.... 6-0-2......................(S.C.O.L. CHAMPS)
1929.... 6-1-1......................(S.C.O.L. CHAMPS)

C.O.L.
None

OCC
1986.....9-1........................................................(D1 STATE PLAYOFFS)
1987.....10-0..OCC (Capital Division) CHAMPS......( D1 STATE PLAYOFFS)
1988.....8-2....OCC (Capital Division) CHAMPS
1990.....10-0..OCC (Capital Division) CHAMPS
1999.....7-3......................................................(D1 STATE PLAYOFFS)

SEOAL

Who was the only SEOAL team to defeat Logan in 2006 :?: :-D

2006.....7-4.....(SEOAL Begin Play).....................(D2 STATE PLAYOFFS)

Oh by the way, is this the reason your beloved ruff and tuff SEOAL Ironmen voted against Chillicothe and the other 3 teams to enter the League.

Chillicothe leads the series 30-11-2

1899 - Chillicothe 0 - Jackson 0(T)
1899 - Chillicothe 0 - Jackson 5(J)
1901 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 0(C)
1901 - Chillicothe 57 - Jackson 0(C)
1902 - Chillicothe 33 - Jackson 0(C)
1902 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 0(C)
1905 - Chillicothe 26 - Jackson 0(C)
1905 - Chillicothe 0 - Jackson 10(J)
1908 - Chillicothe 10 - Jackson 0(C)
1908 - Chillicothe 49 - Jackson 0(C)
1909 - Chillicothe 55 - Jackson 0(C)
1909 - Chillicothe 35 - Jackson 0(C)
1911 - Chillicothe 2 - Jackson 12(J)
1911 - Chillicothe 0 - Jackson 5(J)
1912 - Chillicothe 61 - Jackson 0(C)
1913 - Chillicothe 26 - Jackson 0(C)
1914 - Chillicothe 27 - Jackson 6(C)
1915 - Chillicothe 25 - Jackson 0(C)
1916 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 26(J)
1923 - Chillicothe 13 - Jackson 0(C)
1928 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 6(T)
1929 - Chillicothe 25 - Jackson 9(C)
1930 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 0(C)
1931 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 0(C)
1932 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 12(J)
1933 - Chillicothe 19 - Jackson 6(C)
1934 - Chillicothe 7 - Jackson 6(C)
1935 - Chillicothe 32 - Jackson 0(C)
1936 - Chillicothe 13 - Jackson 0(C)
1937 - Chillicothe 28 - Jackson 7(C)
1938 - Chillicothe 13 - Jackson 0(C)
1939 - Chillicothe 7 - Jackson 6(C)
1940 - Chillicothe 0 - Jackson 18(J)
1941 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 0(C)
1942 - Chillicothe 19 - Jackson 0(C)
1943 - Chillicothe 0 - Jackson 6(J)
1944 - Chillicothe 14 - Jackson 6(C)
1945 - Chillicothe 14 - Jackson 6(C)
1946 - Chillicothe 31 - Jackson 0(C)
1973 - Chillicothe 12 - Jackson 28(J)
1974 - Chillicothe 6- Jackson 14(J)
2006 - Chillicothe 15 - Jackson 42(J)
2007-Chillicothe 21-Jackson 7 (C)

GO CAVS :!: :-D
Last edited by Army on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

SouthernStorm wrote:
boilermaker wrote:Boy this got out of hand , :roll: didnt it :122248 :|

No, no, it's right where it needs to be. All of SE Ohio putting Army in his place.

You guys have to play someone first. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Army
S

Post by Army »

hogfarmer wrote:18 years huh. Impressive. And I'll spare you the carpal tunnel syndrom and tell you that the last time Huntington won a title was 1987. But I don't get on here spewing the junk like you do. I admit we're not very good and won't be again. But I'm a realist, so I can see how you would have a hard time with that.

How many SVC Football Titles do you all have since playing Football since what 1973..1974?

Could the answer be 1 :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Army
S

Post by Army »

Now back on topic. As many have stated from Logan and Ironton there are a few teams in our SEOAL that schedules cream puffs year in and year out for their non-league schedule. We are not talking about the closeness of teams, per distance. We are talking about competition.

Take Wellston D4 from the TVC-Ohio.

They are playing:

Jackson D2 SEOAL-South
Waverly D4 SOC II
Gallipolis (Gallia Academy) D4 SEOAL-South
Minford D5 SOC II

Chillicothe D3 SEOAL-South
Columbus Brookhaven D1 CCL.....2005 (D2 State Champions)
Sunbury Big Walnut D3 OCC-Capital...2008 (D3 State Champions)
Sheridan D3 MVL

Jackson D2 SEOAL-South:

Wellston D4 TVC-Ohio :roll:
McArthur Vinton County D3 TVC-Ohio :roll:
Waverly D4 SOC II

Gallipolis-Gallia Academy D4 SEOAL-South
Point Pleasent, WV AA :roll:
Wellston D4 TVC-Ohio :roll:
Sherdian D3 MVL
The Plains Athens D3 TVC-Ohio :?: :roll: :lol:

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:You'll have to forgive him. He's a Johnny-come-lately at CHS and cant be expected to have a full knowledge of or appreciation of the SEOAL.

Apparently he thinks the league didnt begine until Chillicothe went beneath themselve to slum it in SE Ohio after decades of butt kickings in the OCC, even though they went to the OCC from the former COL, which had a better reputation AT THE TIME.

CHS wasnt any better in the COL, and I lived on Allen Ave in Chillicothe, about a block away from Herrnstein Field back in the 60s. CHS was a MUCH BIGGER school enrollment wise in those days, but their numbers didnt keep them from repeated butt kickings at the hands of Upper Arlington, Zanesville, Newark, etc. I remember they used to play much smaller schools like Hillsboro and Greenfield to try to get a few wins before the COL massacre began. They also played "UP" in their yearly embarrassment to Portsmouth. In the mid 60s, Chillicothe finally beat Portsmouth for the first time in 25 years and the Cavalier boosters printed up t-shirts commemorating the event.

I know...I know...ancient history and not relevant, but it goes to point out how teams struggling to compete in leagues they have an equal basis in terms of enrollment with will schedule realistically to give the players they have a decent chance of winning a few games for all their hard work.

Yeah,

And where did you graduate from Chillicothe? No, Centralia was it?

Did they have football out there back then :?:

hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Post by hogfarmer »

[quote]How many SVC Football Titles do you all have since playing Football since what 1973..1974?

Could the answer be 1[/quote]

Uh, yeah, I already posted that. I see that you not only can't make any valid arguments, you also have a problem reading. I even gave you the year. And for the record we tied with Zane Trace that year as Co-Champions. So in 35+ years of football we have one Co-Championship. But I don't recall ever saying how great of a football program Huntington has. You see the difference between you and every other poster on this board is that we are cognizant, (that means aware), of the reality of our programs.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Army,

Thanks for providing the history lesson about the Jackson-Chillicothe series. I've posted those scores in the past and have admitted that Chillicothe holds the advantage. You bring up games from the early 1900's through the 1940's when it's convenient for you, but other times you only like to talk about the present. If you're going to talk about all those individual games, then you also must acknowledge the championships and playoff appearances that schools like Jackson, Gallia Academy, and Logan have amassed over the years. All the programs in the SEOAL have had their high points and low points, and they can all stake claim to some type of advantage over their rivals or opponents.

Now that Chillicothe is a member of the SEOAL, you feel the need to talk down about all the SEOAL schools, but you really have no room to talk. Until Chillicothe beats the Jacksons, Gallia Academys, and Logans to win a CHAMPIONSHIP, I don't want to hear all this crap. You're all about Chillcothe's state title in basketball, but you don't want to talk championships when it comes to football. Why is that?

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:Armyette claims to be a fan of the SEOAL, but now he's going after Jackson and their record and schedule. Your GO SEOAL posts are ringing a little bit hollow now pal. Your team ought to win one league championship before criticizing other members of the league. The SEOAL got along just fine for 80 years before Chillicothe came along, and doesnt need them to survive. Or maybe the problem isnt Chillicothe. I grew up there, and they are fine folks and a great community. Maybe it's just one bad apple spoiling the barrel.

gahs4ever,

Read the post, Playing up in competition concerning NON-League. As many from Logan and Ironton have stated, there are two distinguished charter members that continue to play what they say...are Cream Puffs in their NON-League Schedules.

Not my words.

What say you gahs4ever :?:

Oh by the way, any truth to the rumor that Gallipolis-Gallia Academy is trying to convince The Plains Athens to push for them to be accepted into the TVC-Ohio :?:
Last edited by Army on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

hogfarmer wrote:
How many SVC Football Titles do you all have since playing Football since what 1973..1974?

Could the answer be 1

Uh, yeah, I already posted that. I see that you not only can't make any valid arguments, you also have a problem reading. I even gave you the year. And for the record we tied with Zane Trace that year as Co-Champions. So in 35+ years of football we have one Co-Championship. But I don't recall ever saying how great of a football program Huntington has. You see the difference between you and every other poster on this board is that we are cognizant, (that means aware), of the reality of our programs.

Co-Champions...That's great Hog Farmer :!:

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Jackson and Chilly Chilly have played only 4 times since 1946 and Jackson has won 3 of the 4 games. Yes, back when Chilly Chilly was wearing leather helmets they did dominate the series with Jackson. Congratulations, your claim to fame for the Chilly Chilly football program is the advantage that they held over Jackson 60+ years ago.

Chilly Chilly has SIX league titles in over 100 years, enough said!

Army
S

Post by Army »

ironman02 wrote:Army,

Thanks for providing the history lesson about the Jackson-Chillicothe series. I've posted those scores in the past and have admitted that Chillicothe holds the advantage. You bring up games from the early 1900's through the 1940's when it's convenient for you, but other times you only like to talk about the present. If you're going to talk about all those individual games, then you also must acknowledge the championships and playoff appearances that schools like Jackson, Gallia Academy, and Logan have amassed over the years. All the programs in the SEOAL have had their high points and low points, and they can all stake claim to some type of advantage over their rivals or opponents.

Now that Chillicothe is a member of the SEOAL, you feel the need to talk down about all the SEOAL schools, but you really have no room to talk. Until Chillicothe beats the Jacksons, Gallia Academys, and Logans to win a CHAMPIONSHIP, I don't want to hear all this crap. You're all about Chillcothe's state title in basketball, but you don't want to talk championships when it comes to football. Why is that?

ironman02,

Which School voted against Chillicothe, Portsmouth, Ironton and Zanesville to enter the SEOAL :?: :-D

How many State Titles has Jackson compiled since being in the SEOAL in any major sport :?: :-D

It took Jackson how long to get their first SEOAL Title in Football :?:

Three Years. The same amount of Years Chillicothe will have been in the SEOAL this up-coming season. :-D

Two, the complete schedule of playing all SEOAL teams in the league did not start until 1939 as Locos stated.

So, Jackson was;

1939 - Logan, Jackson, Middleport

There are only two that have been inside the SEOAL that I know of, i.e., Ironton in Football in what, 1979 and Chillicothe in 2008 in Basketball :!: :-D

Has Jackson been to the mountain top yet :?: :-D

SEOAL members...Portsmouth and Zanesville have State B-Ball Titles too. But not while they were in the SEOAL.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Realist,

Here is a direct link to the Basketball forum. That is obviously where you belong!

viewforum.php?f=4

Army
S

Post by Army »

SouthernStorm wrote:Jackson and Chilly Chilly have played only 4 times since 1946 and Jackson has won 3 of the 4 games. Yes, back when Chilly Chilly was wearing leather helmets they did dominate the series with Jackson. Congratulations, your claim to fame for the Chilly Chilly football program is the advantage that they held over Jackson 60+ years ago.

Chilly Chilly has SIX league titles in over 100 years, enough said!

30-11-2 soon to be 31-11-2 for our CAVS :!: :-D

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Army,

I'm happy that Chillicothe won the state basketball title last year. I truly am.

But you aren't paying attention. THIS IS THE FOOTBALL FORUM!!!

When Chillicothe wins 20 SEOAL titles in football, then come and talk to me. It just gets old watching you talk about how great Chillicothe is when they have proved absolutely nothing on the football field as a member of the SEOAL.

Army
S

Post by Army »

SouthernStorm wrote:Realist,

Here is a direct link to the Basketball forum. That is obviously where you belong!

viewforum.php?f=4

SouthernStorm,

When you all play someone in Football and stop beating your chest for beating Wellston and VC all the time, then maybe, just maybe, someone might take the Jackson Ironmen for real in Football :!: :-D

Aren't you all a D2 School :?:

Point in case.
Look at Marietta's D2 Schedule year in and year out in Non-League Play.

They continue to play teams like Cambridge D3 from the ECOL, Dover D2 from the ECOL, New Philadelphia D2 from the ECOL, Hillard Darby D1 from the OCC, Parkersburg South, WV AAA in their Non-League Schedule.

Again, how many State Titles has Jackson won in a Major Sport since being a Charter Member 1925-Present in the SEOAL :?: :-D

Maybe you all can give Gallipolis-Gallia Academy some pointers what not to do if the rumor is true about their school looking at persuading Athens to talk up for them to join the TVC-Ohio. You all can tell them not what to do as you all did, when your staff kept attending the TVC Meetings, finally getting the hint that there was no way Jackson would get a yes vote for that conference.
Last edited by Army on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

ironman02 wrote:Army,

I'm happy that Chillicothe won the state basketball title last year. I truly am.

But you aren't paying attention. THIS IS THE FOOTBALL FORUM!!!

When Chillicothe wins 20 SEOAL titles in football, then come and talk to me. It just gets old watching you talk about how great Chillicothe is when they have proved absolutely nothing on the football field as a member of the SEOAL.

This is only our third year in the SEOAL. :-D

Return to “Football”