SOC Previews??

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

SOC Previews??

Post by CoachClaytor »

Does anyone know when and where they are and the line-up for the evening?

Thanks

the_claw
Waterboy

Re: SOC Previews??

Post by the_claw »

Not 100% sure on this but i think its at Minford on the 23rd...don't know what time though.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

I think the time is 11:00am but haven't seen a lineup yet.

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

Here you go ...

Southern Ohio Conference
Girls’ Volleyball Previews

Minford High School
Saturday, August 23, 2008, at 11:00 AM
Admission: $5.00

Valley v. Notre Dame
Oak Hill v. Green
Ports. West v. Clay
Wheelersburg v. New Boston
Minford v. Western
Northwest v. East
Waverly v. Eastern
South Webster v. Symmes Valley

The FIRST TEAM listed in each of the match-ups will be the HOME team.
Each contest will consist of two (2) games to 21.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

Just got back from SOC volleyball previews...

Notre Dame def. Valley 21-19, 21-20
Oak Hill over Green 21-9, 21-5
Clay over West 21-9, 21-8
Wheelersburg over New Boston 21-15, 21-8
Minford and Western split 20-21 (W), 21-11 (M)
Northwest over East 21-5, 21-5
Eastern over Waverly 21-18, 21-17
Minford over Symmes Valley 21-11, 21-11

Where was South Webster?????

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

snowman wrote:Where was South Webster?????

one poster stated that they and i quote" are starting to dominate" girls sports they probably didnt need to show up. no class imo. what statement are they trying t o make? i hope it was something different but not serious wron.g

i think the moHawks are going to suprise a few this year.

lovevball8
Freshman Team

Post by lovevball8 »

Bobby Love you should get your facts straight before you start you start accusing them of having "no class." Those girls are great kids and would never think of themselves as being to good; their coach won't let them think to highly of themselves. It was an honest mistake and you need to make sure you know what you're talking about before you say things like that.

I agree Mohawks will surprise people b/c Judy's girls always work hard and play hard for her.

lovevball8
Freshman Team

Post by lovevball8 »

South Webster's coach is crazy that's why they weren't there :12223 No, seriously I spoke with her and based on the schedule she thought each match would be 1 hour with warm-ups (10 minutes) that would have them scheduled to play at 6:00. In the past previews have lasted until 7-8 so she thought arriving at 5:15 would be early enough. She was upset b/c she's not the type of coach who just wouldn't have her team show up.

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

i left my self open to saying i hope it wasnt anything serious. glad it wasnt. honest mistake on coaches part 15 others didnt make they showed up early to get a look at the other teams, im saying sw didn't think they nneded to.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Bobby Love, why you such a hater? You're bashing teenage girls on here and that's just wrong. I don't know what your problem is with South Webster in general and I really don't care.

I hope Northwest does surprise people this year. It's great to see teams from this area get better and more competitive. Judy does a great job with her team. She coaches hard and expects her girls to play hard for her.

lovevball8
Freshman Team

Post by lovevball8 »

Honestly, in the past there really hasn't been much to see. One team usually dominates the other. No real scouting to be done, but I know SW had someone there scouting each team. Since you don't know anything about SW please don't make assumptions.

Mr. Whipple
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Whipple »

Hey Bobby Love!

I didn't know that posters could be "quoted"! :122245

Although, when a school takes home the SOC title in three girl's sports (volleyball, basketball, track) all in the same school year, that is pretty impressive. All you ever seem to say is that NW is gonna surprise people. Coach Judy is a good coach, but don't come on here and start ranting about other teams and how full of themselves they are.

Sounds to me like an honest mistake on SW's part. Hate that for the girls. It also sounds to me like you're a little disapointed that it wasn't serious. You should feel proud.

Also, unless there has been a coaching change or several new girls move into a district, why scout? Anyone who has ever been to a preview match knows that any good coach isn't going to show much to the other teams. Why should they? Previews mean jack. Why would you want to let everyone see what offense/defense you are running?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

how suprising is it that ND beat valley ? HS volleyball is not something I follow but obviously Valley is a much bigger school MD PS no one left to fight with over fastpitch figure I'll rile em' up over volleyball !!! LOL :twisted: :twisted:

re
Waterboy

Post by re »

MD FIGHT why? joke I hope, and about ND beating Valley if you know anything about the two schools you would have seen Valley did not have some of the upper class mates playing. sore this or sore that ,would be the reason. have you read the post by Mr Whipple ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

yes it was a joke , hence the LOL ! like I said I am totally un-informed about SOC volleyball . I was'nt there , had no clue who valley sat out or played. Mr Whipples post made no mention of valley-ND , why ask if I read it ? not looking for an argument but don't see what his post had to do with mine . thanks for letting me know that valley sat out some kids.

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

so lets just say someone dropped the ball and leave it at that. its the girls that loose out on this one. i shouldnt maybe emphasied that i thought they wanted to make an "entrance" instead of an appearance. im not sure why the scout didnt call someone. :122248 after all most of everyone knows that a match can last from 15 minutes to 45 and with one "dominating' over the other that means quick matches.

and mr whipple, our Northwest community has suffered so much loss over the years and you make a statement that you think i sound disapointed that it wasnt serious? That is sad! you are the one who should feel proud. :evil:

good luck to all the teams and wishes for an injury free season.

lovevball8
Freshman Team

Post by lovevball8 »

Bobby Love,

Again, I would emphasize not making comments about teams and/or coaches when you know nothing about them. SW's coach is not about making "entrances". And, I too am surprised someone didn't call. But even with one team dominating it should take more than 15 minutes to score 42 points especially when you factor in warm-up time (10 minutes) clearing out the benches in between matches etc. I'm sure she won't make that mistake again.

Return to “Volleyball”