Northwest 35 Green 6

one Oak
JV Team

Re: WK9 Green (3-5) @ Northwest (0-8)

Post by one Oak »

Oak Hill is a large district geographically at 161 square miles, but the school is in a small village which is an advantage that Northwest doesn't have. Greygoose, I think the TVC Ohio would be tough for us but it is probably the only other league possibility. I think we lack for a true rival in the SOC I and the TVC Ohio would give us Wellston, River Valley, Vinton County, etc. that are or could become rivals.

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

Green has had some success this year compared to last year and will be more in it to win it than Northwest. Northwest came off of a 7-3 season last year accomplished via a small school/weak schedule helping that winning record along. I think Green gets the win here and the Symmes Valley bunch will hand NW their 10th loss of the season next week. NW could go 0-10 for twenty years and I don't think anyone would be surprised, but down the road in Lucasville, those folks are looking at 0-10 this year and that is just something a lot of people never saw coming. Valley will be back, Northwest will be Northwest. JM .02 worth.

Green-30

Northwest-12

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

one Oak wrote:Oak Hill is a large district geographically at 161 square miles, but the school is in a small village which is an advantage that Northwest doesn't have. Greygoose, I think the TVC Ohio would be tough for us but it is probably the only other league possibility. I think we lack for a true rival in the SOC I and the TVC Ohio would give us Wellston, River Valley, Vinton County, etc. that are or could become rivals.
Yeah that's why I mentioned TVC because where they are located and the level of football that is played at the other schools as well as Oak Hill, I do think they could be competitive year in and year out. Obviously with the exception of some down years and some loaded years. Think the level of competition would be quite even. You are correct SOCI there really isn't a true rival they're just not located close enough to any of these schools to get that rival feeling. Eastern is establishing itself and located relatively close to Oak Hill and a rivalry might start but a ways to go on that.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tower wrote:I get frustrated when everyone only talks about numbers of boys in the school. There is another number that plays a part at Northwest. 186. That is the square mileage at Northwest. If you do the math, Northwest has the lowest number of boys per square mileage than all the other schools. It takes 30 minutes or longer for some of these boys to even drive to the school. It is not like most schools around here where kids can walk to practices, weight lifting or whatever. Some kids cant play because they live to far out and dont have a ride to practices.
Heard this argument many times and I believe it to be true. Have heard Northwest is so spread out that getting kids to play football and be there every day is difficult. Takes a commitment from not just the kids but the parents and the parents having time to handle all the running around it involves.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Best of luck to the Bobcats.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

This game will mean more to the Bobcats, I'm sure Northwest has already packed it in weeks ago from a mental standpoint.

The Oaf
SEO

Re: Northwest 35 Green 6

Post by The Oaf »

Green must be beyond hapless to get destroyed like that by Northwest.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Oaf wrote:Green must be beyond hapless to get destroyed like that by Northwest.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Not good

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

greygoose wrote:
Tower wrote:I get frustrated when everyone only talks about numbers of boys in the school. There is another number that plays a part at Northwest. 186. That is the square mileage at Northwest. If you do the math, Northwest has the lowest number of boys per square mileage than all the other schools. It takes 30 minutes or longer for some of these boys to even drive to the school. It is not like most schools around here where kids can walk to practices, weight lifting or whatever. Some kids cant play because they live to far out and dont have a ride to practices.
Heard this argument many times and I believe it to be true. Have heard Northwest is so spread out that getting kids to play football and be there every day is difficult. Takes a commitment from not just the kids but the parents and the parents having time to handle all the running around it involves.
They sure don't have a problem fielding band members... There was easily double to triple the amount of band members for NW than football players. The spread out geography is just another excuse that NW loves to play. If kids wanted to play, they would be there. They have never had a problem like the one they are faced with this year.

Oak Hill moving up to SOC 2 in football needs to be done sooner than later, or else let them find a new conference to play in. Oak Hill plays in the SOC 2 in all other sports and I haven't heard a single complaint about that yet. Valley played in the SOC 1 until it finally needed to move up and did so. Btw they went undefeated for 3 years in it. What excuse would you like to use now?

Wheelersburg has dominated because they have a peewee league that kids want to play in, compete in, and WIN. It is instilled from a young age to win and they work hard to do so. Northwest feels sorry for itself like normal.

Northwest beats up on poor ol' Green, congrats guys, your first and only win of the year comes to a school 1/4 the size.

Return to “Football”