SOC Senior Game / Awards Ceremony - NEW DATE

4thgoal
SEOPS

SOC Senior Game / Awards Ceremony - NEW DATE

Post by 4thgoal »

The SOC Senior Game and awards ceremony will be November 2 in Waverly. The girls game will begin at 5:30 and boys at 7:00 with the awards ceremony between games. The All-SOC teams should be released later this week.
Last edited by 4thgoal on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minford17
Varsity

Re: SOC Senior Game / Awards Ceremony

Post by minford17 »

Thanks for the info 4thgoal. A true good guy from Burg. Makes sense knowing where your roots are from. LOL!

athlete1120
Waterboy

Post by athlete1120 »

District game is November 6th
Chillicothe High School
Girls Start time is scheduled for 1 pm
Boys Start time is scheduled for 3 pm

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Jeopardy theme playing

Waiting on announcements

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

minford17 wrote:Jeopardy theme playing

Waiting on announcements
I am pretty sure that SW boys and the Burg girls are the only 2 remaining SOC teams in the tournament. Both teams are undefeated on the season, which is a great accomplishment in any sport! I hope that both teams are still alive next week and they are just there to collect their awards, but it would be a shame for all the seniors on both teams to not be able to participate in the games. Honestly, if the Burg girls are still in the tournament, there may not be enough players to have a girls only game and it may have to be changed to a single coed game (Burg has 9 senior girls).

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Hope both go on to represent the SOC well. Don't know about the other girls teams, but Minford has 5 seniors, and just need 6 more.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Wouldn't game have to be co-ed anyway. SOC1 has no girls teams, and don't think there was even 11 girls play on the boys teams all together.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

minford17 wrote:Wouldn't game have to be co-ed anyway. SOC1 has no girls teams, and don't think there was even 11 girls play on the boys teams all together.
No...there is enough for a girls only game. Burg has 9, West has 7, and I am not sure of exact numbers, but Minford, Waverly and NW all have 3-4 each. It all depends on who shows up. Unfortunately, with the game at Waverly I think some may not make the trip. Also, any senior girls on the SOC1 teams can play in the girls game too.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

4thgoal wrote:
minford17 wrote:Wouldn't game have to be co-ed anyway. SOC1 has no girls teams, and don't think there was even 11 girls play on the boys teams all together.
No...there is enough for a girls only game. Burg has 9, West has 7, and I am not sure of exact numbers, but Minford, Waverly and NW all have 3-4 each. It all depends on who shows up. Unfortunately, with the game at Waverly I think some may not make the trip. Also, any senior girls on the SOC1 teams can play in the girls game too.
So, the girls game would be a mix of SOC 1 and SOC 2 playing against each other? If it is 1 vs 2, then SOC 1 doesn't have enough girls do they?

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Would hope Ruth Boll would have some pull to get info already so it could be put in Thursday's Scioto Voice..

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

minford17 wrote:
4thgoal wrote:
So, the girls game would be a mix of SOC 1 and SOC 2 playing against each other? If it is 1 vs 2, then SOC 1 doesn't have enough girls do they?
The game would be a mixture....same would go for the boys game too. That's why everyone should bring both uniforms, you never know who will show up and the coaches divide up the teams to make them reasonably equal.

4891Cats
Waterboy

Post by 4891Cats »

What day is the game? Nov 2 or Nov 3?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The game is Nivember 2. South Webster plays that night, so I hope they reschedule it so they can be present to receive their gold ball

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Any word on possible rescheduling.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: SOC Senior Game / Awards Ceremony - NEW DATE

Post by 4thgoal »

The awards ceremony and senior games are moved to Monday, November 7th.

athlete1120
Waterboy

Re: SOC Senior Game / Awards Ceremony - NEW DATE

Post by athlete1120 »

The district game has been moved as well....same time and date, BUT site has been changed to Jackson High School

Return to “Soccer”