Most exciting High School game you have ever watched?

Westsider1993
JV Team

Most exciting High School game you have ever watched?

Post by Westsider1993 »

I am voting for the 02' State semi-final. West against Youngstown Ursiline. Came down to the last play of the game. Big names on that Ursiline squad. Hit after hit. Big play after big play. And wow was it cold!!!!

kylecompton21
Waterboy

Re: Most exciting High School game you have ever watched?

Post by kylecompton21 »

That was a great game. Keeping with '02, the Regional final against Portsmouth was a great game. Also the '01 game against W'Burg was great. 7-0 Final score, hard hitting all game long.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

State final
Louisville Trinity 59
Louisville Male 56

1 turn over on the next to last play of the game

Quarterbacks
Trinity-Brian Brohm(In the NFL now)
Male Michael Bush(In the NFL now)

earp
S

Post by earp »

I went to the Ironton vs CAPE game in 1986!Only high school game I ever went to that I actually bought a ticket from a scalper! :lol: But Ironton won a close hard fought game!Oh and Earle Bruce flew in on a chopper that landed on the track infield!He flew in to watch Carlos Snow play!Then one week later Coal Grove and Fairland played for the OVC title and it went 3 OT's with the Grove winning!It was quite a 14 day period for football here! :mrgreen:Ya Kyle I remember that game in 02 againist Portsmouth,I was at that one as well,A muddy mess it was! :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

#8 seed Jackson @ #1 seed 10-0 Cincy Withrow 2004

Withrow has Ball State star Dante Love as their QB and Jackson had Jared humphreys and co....incredible game with Jackson jumping out.....Withrow firing back and Jackson retaking the lead and Withrow scoring late....and Jackson scoring very late and the final play of the game was Dante Love scrambling down the field for the entire final 22 seconds of the game with Jackson finally pushing him OB....WHEW!

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Been so many, very hard to pick just 1, but recently:
-Ironton/Bellaire (regional final at Peden)... Nate Davis and the Big Red survive 3OT's, you could tell this kid was "special"
-Hilliard Davidson/Mentor (D1 Championship 2 years ago at Fawcett)... Davidson wins in 2OT's, forget the RB's name, but he had @ 40 carries, ALL on the same 2 plays to the right and left
-St X./Colerain(regional final @ PBS)... 3/4(?) yrs. ago maybe the BEST defensive HS football game I ever watched, tied at 3 after regulation, talent galore on both sides of the ball, but X wins it in OT 9-6 on a "trick" play/pass to then Soph. Darius Ashley, they march on to win their 1st state title
-Coldwater/Mooney (last year's D4 title game @ Massillon)... maybe the BEST "David beating Goliath" game I ever watched. Mooney, and their 8 or so D1 recruits, unable to overcome the sheer will, grit, and determination of a Coldwater team that refused to quit. The "Hoosiers" movie script of High School football games in Ohio!!!

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

I have to say one of the most exciting games myself would have to be Ironton vs. Germantown Valley View....

Ironton's come from behind Win 37-29 for the 1999 Regional Championship game played at Cincinnati Princeton Field....

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Late 90's state final game between Mogadore and St Henry. That was a classic.

rachelcreek
Riding the Bench

Post by rachelcreek »

From 'Old School':

Heavy underdog Ironton tripped up Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary for the old 'AA'
state title at the Akron Rubber Bowl.

A classic drive cued by a fumble recovery by Ironton led to the tying touchdown
and go-ahead PAT with :34 seconds to go.

John Elway and the Denver Broncos had their 'Drive'. Brent Wilcoxon and the
Ironton Tigers had theirs in 1979.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Few Years back , Amanda CC - Wheelersburg Regional final @ Jackson.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

1989-Wheelersburg state championship win over Warren Kennedy. Burg goes up against a team that is supposed to bigger, faster and stronger and wins 14-7.

1989-Burg vs. Versailles-State-semi-final. Burg finally breaks through and gets a win against Versailles 16-7. Burg is down 7-6 and Pete Ruby kicks about a 30 some yard knuckleball FG that gives the Burg the lead 9-6. Burg tacks on a late score to seal the victory.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Logan vs. Pickerington 2000.

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

Post by USAF_Defender23 »

ghostwriter wrote:I have to say one of the most exciting games myself would have to be Ironton vs. Germantown Valley View....

Ironton's come from behind Win 37-29 for the 1999 Regional Championship game played at Cincinnati Princeton Field....

I was on that Ironton team. That was probably the best game that I was apart of in my years at IHS. The game, also in 99, against Cincinnati Wyoming. #1 vs #8. We went up to their "house" after losing 2 straight games and took it to them to start our miraculous run through the playoffs that season.
Another good game was the 2001 Ironton vs Portsmouth game (regular season). We held them with a goal line stand to win 16-15.

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Earp you may remember this one, 1980 Chesy over Fairland 19-18. Dragons led 18-0 at the half. Peake shut out Hutchison and the Dragons second half and win on late TD and extra point.

STM#61
Waterboy

Post by STM#61 »

ok before i say anything about the greatest game
just like everyone over there to know we had a perfect regular season once again going 6-0
and we won our first playoff game 30-27 in overtime so were now 7-0 playing for the championship this friday just thought i'd let everyone know that from ironton

now for most exciting game i have 2
1) STM vs Lakeshore in canada at Rogers Center in TORONTO, went into 3 Overtimes trading both FG and TD until our team intercepted them in the endzone and then scored in the 3rd OT to get the victory first ever OFSAA title for hamilton and our school.
2) On friday the 7th of October, shades of the CAL vs STANFORD game were showing at Ivor Wynn stadium in hamilton, down 15-10 with 2 seconds left on the 50 yard line the St. John de Brebeuf Braves threw a pass and then 6 LATERALS later they ran it into the endzone, reminded me of the CAL/STANFORD game without the band, opne of the craziest plays I have ever seen, we play the team that made that play this friday sohuld be great game, oging for our 3rd straight Catholic Championship title

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

STM#61

good luck to you,and you're team

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Jackson @ Waverly 2006 playoffs, overtime cassidy boy was hit by what appeared to be every kid on the jackson team and carried the last 3 into the endzone for a tiger victory, pure determination. Packed house both sides screaming awesome football game.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Chilly vs. Portsmouth 2006...what a game :122245 :122245

Sydney Lehman over North College Hill ..Donnie Johnson's senior year (Penn St) Lehman came back from 23 down in second half... 34-32 final Regional Final at Xenia 2001.. NCH had 4 or 5 D1 signees on team .

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Early '90s. St. Henry and Newark Catholic in Springfield in Regional Final (I believe.) St. Henry wins 21-19 on a cold, snowy night.

This years' Piketon-Waverly game, because neither team quit (forget about the 'no defense' comments.)

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ya I do remember that game Peake450!I was there,My dad was a Chesapeake grad and played for the Panthers in the mid 50's BTW!My dad actually took me to that game!That was the first game hea had been to since he had played himself!That was a good one,Dont know how I could forget that one! :lol:

Return to “Football”