Most exciting High School game you have ever watched?

earp
S

Re: Most exciting High School game you have ever watched?

Post by earp »

Ah man!Dont pick on Fuzz,He doubles as a super hero on the weekends!"THE GREEN HORNET!" :lol:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This one just ended.

Playoffs in Colorado.
Teams Grandview on a 22 game win streak
Cherry Creek upset winner in play offs last week and have lost three straight to Grandview.

Game goes to double overtime.
Overtime team starts on ten yard line 4 plays to score.
First Overtime nobody scored.
Cherry Creek has the ball first and goes for it on fourt down. They have the tightend wide open but he slips on the rug, which is frozen in parts.
Grandview gets the ball and on fourth down they have a field goal blocked.

2nd overtime
Grandview gets a run to th four but a chop block brings it back 15 yards. They later miss a field goal.

Creek gets the ball and the QB takes it to the five but a holding call brings it back.
On second down the ball is snapped over the Qb's head allof the way to the 40 yard line. Qb gets it and gets four yards back.
3rd down QB rolls out takes off gets a block, makes a move and scores.

What a game.

*I have watched this matchup last season so I sort of knew the teams and I have kept up with Colorado high school ball most of the season.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

lots of great games over the years. . .
heard alot about one of those fairland coal grove games where hyland broke at least 7 tackles on the must get 2 point to win the game no time left. . that sounded like an amazing play

the 03' peake and rock hill game was just a good game. . no OT
04' peake rock hill. . mich fan. . he missed that fg. . and they were first. . so we only needed 3 to win. . but threw it up for a 25 yrd td pass first play of 3rd OT. . .crazy game with us losing 3 of 3 fumbles and 2 picks. . and them busting one single 60 yard td with now ohio state player christian to tie it up late in the fourth to make it ot. . .nerve racking game. . should have never been close

sad but the 06' fairland peake game. . everybody remembers the week 10 mudslop that was that week. . horrible. . fairland goes up 24-0 in the first 4 minutes. . only for peake to come back and seemingly have the game in hand at 24 all late in the 4th and fairland makes a 75yrd td double tipped pass to win the game with only 2 minutes remaining. . . . .great game. . and the fairland faithful went wild

burg clearcreek at jackson. . wow

peake manhandling #1 ranked woodsfield in 02' it was only 24-7 but what a lopsided games no one saw coming, 1 big break play to get their 7

ironton desales 05'. . . ironton didn't have the players to even be in the same league with that team that game and it came down to the wire with them losing

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

grizzlynatural wrote:
earp wrote:Grizzly,Don't dis on River football!These are places that the whole town in alot of places come out for the games!Sure there are more at youre games you are alot bigger school! :roll:

That was me dogging Fuzzhead. He came onto a Logan thread and said something smart so i have to give him hell every chance i get. I think its funny, our JV team can beat his varsity team.

Grizzly: It's pretty sad when the only thing you can say to make a comeback is that your DII public school team would beat a DV public school team. But I guess when you make a living beating DIV teams and bad DII teams, trying to bully a DV fan isn't off limits, either... 8) :lol: :mrgreen:
Another weak regular season schedule, another early-round exit.... but hey, at least you won your conference :roll:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This is one from this season played between Edgar and Stratford(WISCONSIN).I watched it live on fox sports.

Stratford entered the game 69-1 in their last 70 games and five time straight defending D-6 state Champion.76 game winning streak versus in-state opponents and the current win streak was up to 29 as they entered this contest.

This one went down to the wired and ended like this Edgar scored on a 57 pass from Justin Sinz to Noah Werner in the fourth quarter to take the lead, and held on when Sinz intercepted a Stratford pass with 13 seconds left in their own territory.

I watched this one , one becasue I love high school football and two learning the history of these two schools made this a must see game.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

In 2003 Rock Hill vs Ironton in the playoff game that was a fun game to watch. Don't remember the score but the fans on both sides were wild.

I was at Jackson for the 2004 Burg vs Amanda I sat in the student section with the burg that was a GREAT game.

Jif
Riding the Bench

Post by Jif »

Have to say the 1979 (1980) Ironton/ St.Vincent/St.Mary game. My self and another buddy played against Brent in high school and are now great friends. I have seen the game film of the drive many times. We always give Brent a hard time because he threw into double coverage and jimmy Morris jumped up and bailed him out. Although we know late in the game when your running out of time and downs you throw the ball up and let your athletes go get it.

Brent actually has 4 state championship rings. 1 from Ironton and 3 from Richmond Coutny (NC) where he coached early in his career.

Buckeyefan106
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyefan106 »

I would have to aggree with fasteach! I was @ the ny vs. meigs game it was a amazing game 4 ny! :122245

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Hey, we can only control who we play not how good the teams are that we play. Like 2old said maybe you all wouldnt hate us so much if you'd just get better and beat us but hey, its easier to lose to us and have that one loss on the schedule that you were "suppose" to lose becuase we were just SO much bigger than you were wrather than just beat us.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I don't "hate" anyone... just gets a bit old listening to all of the jabber about how great Logan is when they can't get past the second round of the playoffs against teams the same size as them... It's not just Logan - it's other teams as well so don't feel special.... 8)

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

lol

Well i guarantee you havent seen Logan play but 1 time in your life and i reccomend you come out and watch becuase Logan IS as good as everyone says they are.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

rainman wrote:Have to say the 1979 (1980) Ironton/ St.Vincent/St.Mary game. My self and another buddy played against Brent in high school and are now great friends. I have seen the game film of the drive many times. We always give Brent a hard time because he threw into double coverage and jimmy Morris jumped up and bailed him out. Although we know late in the game when your running out of time and downs you throw the ball up and let your athletes go get it.

I believe Joe Fletcher made the leaping catch on the last drive, not Jimmy Morris. I could be wrong, but I thought it was Fletcher.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

grizzlynatural wrote:lol

Well i guarantee you havent seen Logan play but 1 time in your life and i reccomend you come out and watch becuase Logan IS as good as everyone says they are.

Just curious... How good does everyone say they are? :lol:

earp
S

Post by earp »

Well there Griz if you guys are as good as you say you are how many state semi-final appearances do you have??Fuzzheads team has one! ;-)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Earp I only wanted to use that as a last resort, but I see you decided to bring out the big guns a bit earlier! :lol:

I'm not trying to compare teams, I'm just trying to make grizzly see the error of his ways.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Ohhhh and what a historic moment it was. Fans from all around the block came out to see the game. There were literally 10's of people there :roll:

earp
S

Post by earp »

Umm well Griz since I was at that Coal Grove game in 1990 at Dayton's Welcome Stadium againist Versailles,There were probably between 7,000 to 8,000 at that game since it was a state semi game!Oh and Versailles you might have heard of them,They have won 4 state titles!Maybe you guys should play a MAC team since small schools are so hapless! :roll:You guys need to beef up youre schedule anyway,You guys could get alot of points off of a MAC team!

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

Lamont Cranston wrote:Been so many, very hard to pick just 1, but recently:
-Ironton/Bellaire (regional final at Peden)... Nate Davis and the Big Red survive 3OT's, you could tell this kid was "special"
-Hilliard Davidson/Mentor (D1 Championship 2 years ago at Fawcett)... Davidson wins in 2OT's, forget the RB's name, but he had @ 40 carries, ALL on the same 2 plays to the right and left
-St X./Colerain(regional final @ PBS)... 3/4(?) yrs. ago maybe the BEST defensive HS football game I ever watched, tied at 3 after regulation, talent galore on both sides of the ball, but X wins it in OT 9-6 on a "trick" play/pass to then Soph. Darius Ashley, they march on to win their 1st state title
-Coldwater/Mooney (last year's D4 title game @ Massillon)... maybe the BEST "David beating Goliath" game I ever watched. Mooney, and their 8 or so D1 recruits, unable to overcome the sheer will, grit, and determination of a Coldwater team that refused to quit. The "Hoosiers" movie script of High School football games in Ohio!!!

Man great minds must think alike. I was at every one of those game except the Bellaire one. I'd put Coldwater/Mooney as #1 if you put a gun to my head because I showed up as a neutral fan but by the end of the game I was high fiving and rooting hard with my fellow Cavaliers(Chillicothe and Coldwater). David had Goliath beaten and nearly lost the lead but finally won on a blocked PAT in the final seconds.

St. X/Colerain was 05 I believe and it was the BEST defensive game I have ever seen at any level. Both had very explosive offenses that were flat out shut down and the trick play sent that stadium's top off. 2 OT's with 3 field goals and 1 TD. Classic to say the least.

Davidson/Mentor... Totally opposite styles. Multiple OT's. State Championship. Davidson had the best O-line I've seen in highschool and Mentor one of the best D-lines. Total war up front. Fans swamped the field and I nearly joined them lol.

On a personal note... the 04 Chilli-Olentangy Liberty game when Chilli overcame a 19 point deficit in under 9 minutes to score the winner with 9 seconds remaining. Chilli didn't get their first defensive stop untill midway through the third and then shut Liberty down from there on out. :-D

On a more personal note...The 06 Portsmouth-Chilli game. Chilli scores the tieing TD with 1 minute to play and after a penalty against portsmouth on a successful PAT, Chilli takes the point off the board to go for two and gets it to win. That win secured a South division Championship and that group of seniors became the second class in school history to beat the hated Trojans 4 straight years. :-D

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

earp wrote:Umm well Griz since I was at that Coal Grove game in 1990 at Dayton's Welcome Stadium againist Versailles,There were probably between 7,000 to 8,000 at that game since it was a state semi game!Oh and Versailles you might have heard of them,They have won 4 state titles!Maybe you guys should play a MAC team since small schools are so hapless! :roll:You guys need to beef up youre schedule anyway,You guys could get alot of points off of a MAC team!

Uhhhhhh, we had the 5th most points in the state. I think our schedule is just fine. The teams on our non league schedule would have beat all but maybe Chillicothe in SEO.
Now that you mention it becuase your the first one to do so i think next year we'll just drop everyone on our schedule and go seek bigger and better competition. Why not? It would give all of you with Chieftain Envy one less thing to complain about. Then what would be left? :lol:

earp
S

Post by earp »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “Football”