Most exciting High School game you have ever watched?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: Most exciting High School game you have ever watched?

Post by fuzzhead »

grizzlynatural wrote:Ohhhh and what a historic moment it was. Fans from all around the block came out to see the game. There were literally 10's of people there :roll:

Grizzly, you must be the life of parties :roll:

Why would anyone even bother to go to a Logan playoff game? Everyone knows what's going to happen. :lol:

No one around here has Cheiftain envy. Trust me. :122249

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

The BURG vs Amanda game was the most exciting I have seen but then again I have been around for less than 2 decades. I remember standing on Amanda's sideline chatting with the refs and some of their players while watching that game unfold.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

fuzzhead wrote:
grizzlynatural wrote:Ohhhh and what a historic moment it was. Fans from all around the block came out to see the game. There were literally 10's of people there :roll:

Grizzly, you must be the life of parties :roll:

Why would anyone even bother to go to a Logan playoff game? Everyone knows what's going to happen. :lol:

No one around here has Cheiftain envy. Trust me. :122249

You bet I am.

Ohhhh sure you do, you just wont admit it. I'll prove it.

Is Logan the best football program in SEO?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

For their size, no. Southeastern Ohio isn't that big of a place and there aren't a lot of big schools in these parts, so if you want to say that they're better than DIV, DII, and bad DII teams, go ahead and call 'em that, if it makes you feel better. :lol:

Year in and year out (for their size) it's probably Ironton or Wheelersburg - in the playoffs most every year and they play bigger/equal-sized schools all year long.... and usually beat them + both have state titles to boast about. :122249

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I also think the Burg Portsmouth game of 2007 was a spectacular game. It def. was a game of emotions. For both teams!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This one was 2004 and it was the first game of the season for me down in Kentucky for the Pike County Bowl.

Pike Central, my favorite team in Pikeville opened the season up against County Rival Shelby Valley. The game went back and forth all game long and after regulation it was deadlocked and stayed that way until the third overtime where Central scored to win,44-38.

I havbe not kicked off a season that exciting since then.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

For our size :lol: Yep, your right. And if you wanna play that card, Irontons the worst program in the state! (for their roudy fans :lol: ) My question was Is Logan THE BEST PROGRAM in SEO. Thats SEO. The whole thing, regardless of size and you said no. You agreed without saying you did by saying "for their size" to make your arguement. You have Chieftain Envy.

You talk about how there arent alot of big schools in these parts but yet you feel Logan should have a 10,000 mile schedule to please you. Give me a break.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Nah I don't "envy" Logan at all. I admit that they have been the best team in SE Ohio for the past few years.

But I prefer watching the big guys around Ohio - the "Cardinal Mooneys" or "DeSales" or "St. Xs" or "Alters"... I like to think outside my own backyard and take a look at the big picture. :122249

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

.....Cardinal Mooney and Alter are D4. Desales, D2. Now St.X, THEY are a "big guys". (MOST years)

jeepchopper
Riding the Bench

Post by jeepchopper »

what about the wheelrsburg ironton game this year. the starting qb got hurt and the backup had to come in with a hsoirt amount of time and drive them down to win the game. that was like a john elway moment in high school that was a great game.

breeze
Waterboy

Post by breeze »

I remember a cold night in Hillsboro where the region 12 championship game was played in 2000.
The star-studded Dayton C-J Eagles jumped out to a 17-6 first quarter lead on the Portsmouth Trojans. I was thinking, Well this was a good season for the Trojans, but then "POW" :122246 a 25 point second quarter explosion for the Trojans. During that quarter, I saw that Hamrick kid just "burn" the C-J defense, which had the angles. In the second half, Young did an excellent job of managing the game. Of course, the defense was not to be out-done as they held on for a 31-24 victory thus taking the Region 12 Trophy. I left the game mumbling that "this team can win it all." I still think they were strongest/most exciting team to come out of Scioto County! They were tough!

Just my thoughts- by the way I am not a PHS grad.
Last edited by breeze on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

grizzlynatural wrote:.....Cardinal Mooney and Alter are D4. Desales, D2. Now St.X, THEY are a "big guys". (MOST years)

Mooney and Alter would beat A LOT of bigger schools - Mooney would have beaten Logan any of the past three years (maybe not this year). Alter would have beaten Logan this year.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Both Catholic schools.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

:lol: So... You don't count Catholic Schools?

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

:roll: You act like you got me or something. No, you know the deal with Catholic schools and i wouldnt bet your life on either of those teams beating us this season. Sure, being Catholic schools they have an edge on being a powerhouse year after year and most years one of those teams would beat us but you know just as well as i do, they have a LITTLE bit of an upper hand.

This past years Logan team would be an All-time Coal Grove team :122245

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Here we go again... comparing DII public school to DV public school :arrow: :roll: (But I promise you that Coal Grove's all-time all-star team would look VERY impressive).
Yes, I know the "deal" with Catholic Schools. But the bottom line is that to be the best, you've got to beat the best whether they "recruit" or not. I guarantee you that there are public schools like Glenville in Cleveland where the good kids want to play because of the exposure. I would never bet my life on any football game, but I WOULD put a handsome sum of money on the line if those matchups would take place.

We've gotten completely off topic, but here's the bottom line: Logan's the best team in SE Ohio at the moment. They play in a conference that is laughably unbalanced in both size of schools (DII all the way to DIV) and state of the programs.
I've heard Logan fans on this site say "We play for SEOAL Championships, not the playoffs". That's not the attitude to have. Being the best in SE Ohio really doesn't say much at all when you stop and think about it and being the best in the SEOAL means even less. Yeah, the regular season record looks good, but once you get into the State Playoffs, it's a whole new ball game (punn intended).
I remember years when Chesapeake would be up near the top of the Region 19 rankings, but would lose early once they got to the playoffs - didn't get challenged in the regular season except for losing to Portsmouth and Wayne,WV at the beginning of the year every season.

catscoachmac
Riding the Bench

Post by catscoachmac »

Have to set this 1 up a little...Lived and taught in North Carolina for 1 year. Anson County, which is about 45 minutes southeast of Charlotte. Rural county with some big time football. I got to help coach for that 1 season I was there. Talent like I had never seen before at the high school level. At 3-0 we roll into Charlotte Independence to face Coach Tommy Knotts and his young stud sophomore QB Chris Leak (eventual Florida Gator). The hype to this game was that we were the #1 defensive in the state going against the #1 offensive team. Defense wins championships, right? Well, not that day. Leak lit us up for 35 points in the 1st Quarter. The final was 77-49. At that time he was 15 years old, no bigger than 5'10'', 165 pounds and he threw 25 yard out routes on a string.

After that romping we circled the wagons and put together a great playoff run only to run into Independence again. This game was a 28-26 thriller in front of a reported 18,000 fans. Another loss for us, but a game that I will never forget. That year became the 1st of 3 consecutive state championships for Independence and Leak.
Sorry for the rambling...

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

catscoachmac wrote:Have to set this 1 up a little...Lived and taught in North Carolina for 1 year. Anson County, which is about 45 minutes southeast of Charlotte. Rural county with some big time football. I got to help coach for that 1 season I was there. Talent like I had never seen before at the high school level. At 3-0 we roll into Charlotte Independence to face Coach Tommy Knotts and his young stud sophomore QB Chris Leak (eventual Florida Gator). The hype to this game was that we were the #1 defensive in the state going against the #1 offensive team. Defense wins championships, right? Well, not that day. Leak lit us up for 35 points in the 1st Quarter. The final was 77-49. At that time he was 15 years old, no bigger than 5'10'', 165 pounds and he threw 25 yard out routes on a string.

After that romping we circled the wagons and put together a great playoff run only to run into Independence again. This game was a 28-26 thriller in front of a reported 18,000 fans. Another loss for us, but a game that I will never forget. That year became the 1st of 3 consecutive state championships for Independence and Leak.
Sorry for the rambling...
Great story.I remember reading a little on those Leak teams.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Edgar and Stratford(WISCONSIN) Game 2

This one just ended with Stratford winning their sixth straight D-6 title. It came down to the last play on offense that Edgar had. With the score, 7-3 Stratford the qb for Edgar drops back to pass with a little over a minute remaining in the game. The qb was facing heavy pressure forcing him to throw off of his back foot to his receiver in the endzone, who was opeded. The pass floated just enough for a defender to jump in front of the receiver and make the pick.

7-3 final score

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

The best in SEO is a tie between The Burg and Ironton. The reason I say that is cause all there history. And to tell you the truth can't stand either school cause they win all the time. The Burg has some of the best fans those people will travel whenever and where ever to see there team play and it dont matter what sport.

I dont know records but I say if you look at boths school records since they been playing football its prob darn scary good.

Also I dont think your the best team in SEO when you have one or two good years. To be the beat team I think you have to look at the whole picture.

I'm not from either school so dont think that, I went to the Peake and even lost to the Burg my Jr year @ home in a playoff game.

Return to “Football”