Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Re: Any teams mentioned for expanding the TVC-Ohio to 8?

Post by WHSwarrior »

Warren tried last year and lost. That's it.
With Ironton leaving, that's one less long trip, making Portsmouth and Chillicothe the only ones that are really a stretch.

We're the SEOAL for the time being, and we're staying.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

WHSwarrior wrote:Warren tried last year and lost. That's it.
With Ironton leaving, that's one less long trip, making Portsmouth and Chillicothe the only ones that are really a stretch.

We're the SEOAL for the time being, and we're staying.

You are right.

The TVC made a mistake in not allowing Warren back into the conference. Good school with quality coaches and programs. That is what you want from your membership. Maybe they will reconsider sometime in the future and ask them in.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Mister B wrote:River Valley brings nothing to the table for the TVC Ohio.

Since 2004, their record against TVC Ohio teams is 1-14.

Athens 0-2

Alexander 1-3

Meigs 0-5

Nelsonville 0-4

Wellston and Meigs are ok with Warren. VC and FH are not.

I seriously doubt that Jackson ever attended any TVC meetings as you state. :roll:

Again I ask, why is River Valley such a good fit for the TVC other then being a rural school like Warren?

Answer please.

Have you ever been to River Valley? How is Warren more rural?

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

[quote="NYBuckeye96"][color=brown]Oak Hill tried to join the TVC in the early '90's, but was turned down. Also, we can't move any team to the Hocking if a team is added to the Ohio. That is the whole point of expansion - to give the league 8 teams. Moving a team to the Hocking would give both divisions an odd number of teams which creates an even bigger mess.

Why would it be a mess if 1 team was added to Ohio and 1 moved to Hocking? That was how it was many years ago when there were 7 members,1 division.Everything was fine,plus you got to see some good matches in non league games.

Warren wouldn't rule in sports like some are saying,I recall them getting beat in football,basketball etc. not to many championships if I remember.Let them back in and they still won't rule sports.RV maybe good for the Hocking but not Ohio.

Why split into all these divisions,this isnt the NFL,even though some think it is. :roll: Keep it at 2 divisions man! I seen on another post where someone said NY should look for a different league to play in for better teams,look at the big picture you do that and you screw up the whole athletics boy's and girls. TVC is where NY needs to stay.You have to compete in other sports not just football....Just my opinion.8) I still like Oak Hill.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

The only reason the TVC OHIO needs to expand is because of the scheduling problem of having odd numbers. It's hard to find non-league games for teams in the last part of the season.

Adding one team to the OHIO and moving one team to the Hocking causes both divisions to have the same scheduling problem the Ohio now has. I would rather see no teams added then having the requirment of one more league game PLUS the exact same problem we have now.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

93Bulldog wrote:For 'competitive' reasons, plus, having an established rivarly with Belpre already I think gives Warren a little edge over River Valley.

Warren is NOT that great at other sports by the way. They have their moments in basketball and are usually very competitive, their football team is on parallel with Athens, maybe even a step below. Warren puts a good product on the field in baseball in most years and ive been told they have an excellent wrestling program. The girls sports, they are tough in a lot of different activities. Volleyball, Hoops, softball, all solid.

BUT... Being good or having some talent on all their different athletic teams is a POSITIVE thing for the TVC-Ohio and its teams. In football, you want the bigger school that you can possibly beat during most seasons as opposed to a smaller school that even if you do beat them, you gain no computer points if they aren't very good; and if they are teetering around D-4 or D-5 makes the R.V. option less attractive. Warren is a solid D-3 and use to be D-2, they will not drop to 4, if anything they would go up.

Warren would help the other TVC-Ohio teams, in a variety of different ways. Playing tough competition only makes you better and the Warriors will always play you tough, even if they aren't loaded with talent. THey can only enhance the TVC-Ohio teams chances of succeeding in the playoffs or tournaments.

Warren offers some fairly descent facilities too, I loved playing at their football stadium, walking off the top of the hill down into the 'bowl' was always cool. Their baseball field is very nice as is their gym for the hoops fanatics.

Also, Warren is about as Rural as you are going to get in Southeastern Ohio! If you don't think having 2 big ol' farms surrounding your school where cows seem to be part of the landscape, then I don't know what rural is ... lol ... Their are no businesses really around the school, no town with numerous stop lights and businesses, the kids are 'country' boys, as are their girls ... To me, Warren and Alexander are a lot alike. The school, its students, etc...etc... I mean, if the TVC-OHio was open to add Athens, I can't believe they would snubb Warren. Warren is like the 'anti-Athens', they are waaaaay more like the other TVC-Ohio teams than Athens is in terms of its students and culture surounding the school.

Think of it this way, if Athens and Waterford got together and had a baby, it would be Warren ...lol... A descent sized school (D-3), but mainly a 'country' school that draws its students from a large county. I mean, NELSONVILLE-YORK is 10 X MORE URBAN than Warren Local. Hell, N-Y has more stoplights than Warren, Alexander, Trimble and Federal Hocking combined!

I have to disagree with you on this. Warren is pretty good in volleyball (only Alex is better), they would dominate in track both girls and boys, they would win in girls BBall and in most years (even with VC being good last year) Warren boys bball would be considered the favorite. Warren did beat VC already this year and scrimmaged NY. In cross country they would be favorites along with soccer. Baseball and softball would also be at the top.I'm running out of sports where they would not be that great. If you mean state level I might agree with the exception of track and cross with nice state finishes lately in a division larger than 90% of the TVC teams. I do not see how you can say not that great. Warren is near the top of the SEOAL in the all-sports trophy each year competing against the likes of Logan, Zanesville, Chilli, Ironton, Marietta not Athens, Alex, VC, Miller, Waterford etc. Just amazes me someone who has been around like you have wouldn't realize that.
Fact is if Warren did re-enter the TVC it would hurt Warren sports over time because the lack of competition in all sports would become a problem. Heck in football this year we were 2-0 vs the TVC (Beat Belpre and playoff team at Meigs) and most of you dont' give Warren football any respect. Bottom line is they would be the dominate force in the TVC.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Warren wrestling is usually tops as well.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:If I could just chip in for a minute on this discussion, citing a source within the Tri-Valley Conference, I know it for a fact that Warren will NOT be coming to the TVC anytime soon.

Thank you!

Thank You....for sharing the evidence with the Belpre folks who want Warren in. Another voice of reason to compliment NYbuckeye96 who tried to convey this to them. Including Mister B. In my estimate, the TVC-Ohio has only two choices after Crooksville turned the Conference down.

1. Make Stewart Federal Hocking move up. And tell them to quit whinning as they had to do with Alexander in the late 1990's.

2. Or, add Chesire River Valley who will be soon Bidwell River Valley. The new High School site is near the new Junior High just off State Rt. 160. Word is, the RV Football Field is still going to be in Chesire as for now? If they need a new field why don't they see about buying back the old North Gallia H.S. Football Field Site. I am not sure who owns that property now.

There is nobody else to add. The TVC-Ohio can forget about adding a Jackson or Gallipolis. That's an automatic no-go at this time. So if they really want to add an 8th team, they have those two choices above in their arsenal of picks to make the TVC-Ohio an 8 team Conference.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

The Wizard wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:For 'competitive' reasons, plus, having an established rivarly with Belpre already I think gives Warren a little edge over River Valley.

Warren is NOT that great at other sports by the way. They have their moments in basketball and are usually very competitive, their football team is on parallel with Athens, maybe even a step below. Warren puts a good product on the field in baseball in most years and ive been told they have an excellent wrestling program. The girls sports, they are tough in a lot of different activities. Volleyball, Hoops, softball, all solid.

BUT... Being good or having some talent on all their different athletic teams is a POSITIVE thing for the TVC-Ohio and its teams. In football, you want the bigger school that you can possibly beat during most seasons as opposed to a smaller school that even if you do beat them, you gain no computer points if they aren't very good; and if they are teetering around D-4 or D-5 makes the R.V. option less attractive. Warren is a solid D-3 and use to be D-2, they will not drop to 4, if anything they would go up.

Warren would help the other TVC-Ohio teams, in a variety of different ways. Playing tough competition only makes you better and the Warriors will always play you tough, even if they aren't loaded with talent. THey can only enhance the TVC-Ohio teams chances of succeeding in the playoffs or tournaments.

Warren offers some fairly descent facilities too, I loved playing at their football stadium, walking off the top of the hill down into the 'bowl' was always cool. Their baseball field is very nice as is their gym for the hoops fanatics.

Also, Warren is about as Rural as you are going to get in Southeastern Ohio! If you don't think having 2 big ol' farms surrounding your school where cows seem to be part of the landscape, then I don't know what rural is ... lol ... Their are no businesses really around the school, no town with numerous stop lights and businesses, the kids are 'country' boys, as are their girls ... To me, Warren and Alexander are a lot alike. The school, its students, etc...etc... I mean, if the TVC-OHio was open to add Athens, I can't believe they would snubb Warren. Warren is like the 'anti-Athens', they are waaaaay more like the other TVC-Ohio teams than Athens is in terms of its students and culture surounding the school.

Think of it this way, if Athens and Waterford got together and had a baby, it would be Warren ...lol... A descent sized school (D-3), but mainly a 'country' school that draws its students from a large county. I mean, NELSONVILLE-YORK is 10 X MORE URBAN than Warren Local. Hell, N-Y has more stoplights than Warren, Alexander, Trimble and Federal Hocking combined!

I have to disagree with you on this. Warren is pretty good in volleyball (only Alex is better), they would dominate in track both girls and boys, they would win in girls BBall and in most years (even with VC being good last year) Warren boys bball would be considered the favorite. Warren did beat VC already this year and scrimmaged NY. In cross country they would be favorites along with soccer. Baseball and softball would also be at the top.I'm running out of sports where they would not be that great. If you mean state level I might agree with the exception of track and cross with nice state finishes lately in a division larger than 90% of the TVC teams. I do not see how you can say not that great. Warren is near the top of the SEOAL in the all-sports trophy each year competing against the likes of Logan, Zanesville, Chilli, Ironton, Marietta not Athens, Alex, VC, Miller, Waterford etc. Just amazes me someone who has been around like you have wouldn't realize that.
Fact is if Warren did re-enter the TVC it would hurt Warren sports over time because the lack of competition in all sports would become a problem. Heck in football this year we were 2-0 vs the TVC (Beat Belpre and playoff team at Meigs) and most of you dont' give Warren football any respect. Bottom line is they would be the dominate force in the TVC.

I think that about sums it up. Hopefully Mister B will take notice of your post.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

BuckeyeCAV...

I guess you have a reading comprehension disorder. I have a high regard for Warren's programs. In the current lineup of the TVC, Warren would compete for almost every title, boys and girls. River Valley wouldn't. That's why if they would come back, I think you split into 3 divisions.

You want good programs when you expand your conference. Warren would do that. I don't think River Valley would. I have not seen you present any evidence otherwise.

The TVC cannot make Federal Hocking switch to the Ohio unless they agree to the switch. The last time they were asked, they said no.

Maybe the TVC will ask River Valley into the conference, but until I see evidence otherwise, I don't see what they would add to the conference. I am waiting for you to tell me why they are a good fit other then being a rural school. :roll:

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Mister B,

I guess you have a reading comprehension disorder. RV would balance the TVC out.

You can forget about Meigs and VC wanting to play in a Division with Marietta and Warren Local. As for Athens who cares what they want. That isn't taking place either in the TVC. So dream on. It's 2 divisions for the long haul and it's eithe FH or RV at the moment for the TVC-Ohio. If FH is made to quit whinning like the TVC told Alexander to do in the late 90's and move up to the Ohio Division there is your 8. Replace FH with either Wahama, WV who plays almost all the TVC-Hocking teams anyway or South Gallia. Or add both teams plus Buffulo, WV. There is your 8 teams for the Hocking Division.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

BuckeyeCAV...

You've got nothing. You can't explain why River Valley would balance out the TVC other adding a team just to have 8. You need a school with a good sports program to improve your league. Again I ask, what does River Valley bring to the table that would benefit the TVC other than being an 8th team?

Again, you don't comprehend that the other TVC schools are not going to force Federal Hocking to the Ohio division.

Adding any WV schools to the TVC is just plain dumb. The SEOAL did that several years back with Point Pleasant and it did not work. The starting and ending dates of both states presents too many problems for AD's to work around in forming a league schedule. If it was such a great idea, why isn't the SEOAL looking for schools from WV? They seem to be lossing members, not the TVC.

And why would the TVC want to add South Gallia to the Hocking? The drive from Miller to Crown City stinks. Why put your kids through that on a school night? If your being responsible in your job duties as an AD, you don't do it.

Get a clue and stop arguing for arguing's sake. Present some bonafide reasons for future expansion of the TVC and why any team is a good fit other than being a rural school.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Well tell me who is left other than RV for number 8? Warren is a no-go as of now by most TVC-Ohio Teams.

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

I've said it once,I said it twice,I'll say it again.Oak Hill!!! Invite the Oaks to join.They have good sports programs and would be a perfect fit for the Ohio.Don't know if they would join, but hey it's worth a shot.Only thing is the drive for NY and Meigs and if Belpre stayed in the Ohio them too.Even though I think putting them in the Hocking would be best,but then some say it would mess up schedule. I am sure it wouldn't.
NY vs Trimble week ten,Athens vs Belpre week nine,Alex vs Eastern week eight,Wellston vs RV week seven,VC vs Jackson week six now throw in other non league games and there you have it.
Any athletic director's job openings? :lol: Just kidding,wouldn't want the job!
I agree with Mister B,RV does'nt fit Ohio.Hocking yes.
If everyone is wanting 8 teams in both divisions then invite Oak Hill to Ohio,invite RV and Fort Frye for Hocking.Fixes schedule. 8)
This is a good conversation going on,kinda like 1st and 10 show! :-D

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

JUSTAFAN89,

I would love to see Oak Hill in the Ohio Division, but doubt they want to leave their SOC I in football. Wellston and VC stood up for the Oaks when they tried back in 92 when the SVAC shut down. That's right before the split two divisions were created. The Whiners Belpre and Miller said no. :roll:

I doubt Oak Hill wants to play Wellston, VC, Meigs, Athens, Belpre and N-Y on a regular schedule now days.

I think they would fit in a three TVC division set-up though.

I wonder what Mr. B would say about this type of TVC? All three divisons have 6 teams and his beloved Warren is back in the TVC.

Ohio Division
McArthur Vinton County D3
Wellston D4
Pomeroy Meigs D4
Nelsonville-York D5
The Plains Athens D3
Vincent Warren D3

Buckeye Division......All the old SVAC Teams are back together
Reedsville Eastern Meigs D6
Racine Southern Meigs D6
Chesire River Valley D4
Mercerville South Gallia D6
Oak Hill D5
Willow Wood Symmes Valley D6

Hocking Division
Corning Miller D6
Glouster Trimble D6
Albany Alexander D4
Stewart Federal Hocking D5
Waterford D6
Belpre D5

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

River Valley and South Gallia would never agree to be in the same division. They will not play each other.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I guess Oak Hill is a reasonable option to add to the list of possibilities. Not sure if they would have the votes or not even if they were interested, but it's certainly reasonable to put them on the list.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I would ask Fort Frye, but I have a strong hunch ;-) that they won't leave the PVC.

What about Liberty Union? I doubt they would come in but lets throw schools out and discuss them.

The logical thinking, at least in my book, who knows about BuckeyeCAV, is to try and pick up teams in which the majority of the travel would be on a 4 lane i.e. RT 32, RT 33 and maybe I-77 (for Belpre but I doubt others would see it that way).

If you are going to consider Oak Hill, then think of 1 thing first, girls sports are almost always played of a school night. Wellston was at Belpre last night in girls basketball. They pulled into our school around 5 pm. They had to leave right after school. Probably had to brown bag their food at their school before getting on the bus. Played 2 games, probably stopped somewhere to eat and then went home. I bet it was around 11 pm when they got home. It would be a longer drive from Oak Hill to Belpre then Wellston to Belpre.

Now, a late game isn't so bad on a friday night - football and boys basketball or saturday night - again boys basketball. The girls are out late on away games and they are almost 100% played on a school night. We are in school for an education, sports is secondary. At least it is supposed to be.

I don't like BuckeyeCAV's proposed league lineup and not because he proposed it. You need to do a better job of grouping schools in divisions based on school size. I rearranged his lineup slightly even though I don't agree with all the teams but I won't argue that point right now.

Ohio

Vinton - I doubt Vinton would vote for this as this means they have to play more schools their size. I.E. Warren
Athens
Warren
Meigs
Wellston
Alexander

Buckeye

Nelsonville
Belpre
River Valley - don't agree but we already know that :lol:
Federal Hocking - The same statment that applies to Vinton, insert here but make it NY and Belpre.
Trimble - Yeah, their D6 but they're like your kid brother, you can talk them into it. And they would be a good fit here.
Oak Hill

Hocking

Miller
Waterford
South Gallia - not sold on this one either :mrgreen:
Symmes Valley - :?
Southern
Eastern

As to Belpre saying no to Oak Hill back in 1992, I would question on whose word you got that from. And, if a school says no, they don't have to have a reason. Remember, 75% of the total membership has to be in agreement. Or at least that is the way it was.

It is now 2nd down and 7. Who wants to be Skip Bayless?

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Yes it would be a long drive for Belpre to Oak Hill,that is why I say move them to Hocking.Shorter drives to that division.Now that would mean for some other school to come to Ohio.
So how about Morgan Raiders to Hocking (close to all Hocking teams),put RV to Ohio,Belpre back to Hocking
Look's like this:
OHIO
Alex
Athens
NY
Wellston
VC
Meigs
Oak Hill
RV
HOCKING
Trimble
Belpre
Eastern
Southern
FH
Morgan
Miller
Waterford

Now that looks pretty good for Skippy!! :lol:
Still don't like RV in Ohio but this is all I can come up with!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

JUSTAFAN89 wrote:Yes it would be a long drive for Belpre to Oak Hill,that is why I say move them to Hocking.Shorter drives to that division.Now that would mean for some other school to come to Ohio.
So how about Morgan Raiders to Hocking (close to all Hocking teams),put RV to Ohio,Belpre back to Hocking
Look's like this:
OHIO
Alex
Athens
NY
Wellston
VC
Meigs
Oak Hill
RV
HOCKING
Trimble
Belpre
Eastern
Southern
FH
Morgan
Miller
Waterford

Now that looks pretty good for Skippy!! :lol:
Still don't like RV in Ohio but this is all I can come up with!!

Not bad except for 2 items in the Hocking....

1. IF Morgan would come in then they would have to be in the Ohio. You can't have Morgan at 283 boys in the same conference with Waterford, 81 boys. Too big of a difference for schools of this size. But, I like your thinking of adding a Morgan, it was outside of the box and that is what we need.

2. Belpre won't go to the Hocking. We asked once, to flip with Federal Hocking, they said no and so did the other membership in the Hocking. I don't think Belpre will entertain any offers to go to the Hocking unless there is a more far reaching realignment in the TVC.

I am not sold on River Valley in the Ohio either. They fit better in the Hocking but they would be the biggest school there and then you are back having the same problem you had when Alexander was in the Hocking, too big of a spread between your biggest and smallest schools.

One other thing, I would MUCH rather make the drive to Oak Hill from Belpre than the drive to Miller from Belpre. That has to be one of the worst drives to ever take on a school bus or a car for that matter. Nothing against the folks at Miller but what type of kool-aid was being served when the AD's voted on them coming into the TVC?!?!?

More discussion, I hope.

Return to “Football”