23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by noreply66 »

Go FF

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

EasternDspy wrote:People talked up Centerburg and Fort Frye smoked them so everyone is like they were obviously were bad. Though they beat 2 playoff teams. Only team that blew out Centerburg was Fort Frye. Then all year we heard about how good Barnesville was even being the picked team to beat by JjHuddle. All season was told if Barnesville and Fort match up Barnesville smashes them. They play Fort litterally beats them down physically and wins. Then all of sudden well Barnesville was no good. Maybe those teams are good Cadets just really preformed well in the first 2 playoff games.
That's 100% accurate, can't argue it. Story of the season is Fort Frye plays nobody, then they play someone that "oughta beat them", Fort ends up smashing them and that turns into "well clearly that team just wasn't good." Can we be real for a minute and just admit that in Ohio "bad" teams don't exactly make the playoffs. Sure some are miles ahead of others, but you can't exactly suck and make week 11. Fort has beaten 3 playoff teams, NC 4. Has Newark Catholics schedule been tougher than Fort Frye's? Yeah I think so, but I'm starting to question how much that matters, because I would vouch to say that Centerburgs was a little tougher than Fort Frye's as well (albeit certainly not by a bunch), and as Eastern stated nobody smoked Centerburg, but it didn't end up mattering. Look plain and simple good schedule, bad schedule, strong, weak, etc. here is a fact: Fort Frye has smashed everyone they have been asked to play, and a team like that is scary, because it's hard to get a feel for them. When your blowing out every team you face nobody has really gotten to see your limit, nobody has been able to exploit a weakness on film.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Eastern, I am curious though who exactly talked up Centerburg when it came to playing Fort Frye? I know I said if Fort Frye made a lot of mistakes then Centerburg could be scary, but I also thought I said if Fort Frye played clean they would win easily. From what it sounds like Fort played clean and they won easily. I also remember that goofy article in the dispatch put that game on the upset alert, but we all know how much the dispatch knows when it comes to our small school football lol

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Stan_Marsh wrote:Eastern, I am curious though who exactly talked up Centerburg when it came to playing Fort Frye? I know I said if Fort Frye made a lot of mistakes then Centerburg could be scary, but I also thought I said if Fort Frye played clean they would win easily. From what it sounds like Fort played clean and they won easily. I also remember that goofy article in the dispatch put that game on the upset alert, but we all know how much the dispatch knows when it comes to our small school football lol

I was talking about the Columbus dispatch and even the experts thought it be like 10 point game. Pastuer has been point on come playoff time and he picked Fort by 1. I think we could see something similar.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Stan_Marsh wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:People talked up Centerburg and Fort Frye smoked them so everyone is like they were obviously were bad. Though they beat 2 playoff teams. Only team that blew out Centerburg was Fort Frye. Then all year we heard about how good Barnesville was even being the picked team to beat by JjHuddle. All season was told if Barnesville and Fort match up Barnesville smashes them. They play Fort litterally beats them down physically and wins. Then all of sudden well Barnesville was no good. Maybe those teams are good Cadets just really preformed well in the first 2 playoff games.
That's 100% accurate, can't argue it. Story of the season is Fort Frye plays nobody, then they play someone that "oughta beat them", Fort ends up smashing them and that turns into "well clearly that team just wasn't good." Can we be real for a minute and just admit that in Ohio "bad" teams don't exactly make the playoffs. Sure some are miles ahead of others, but you can't exactly suck and make week 11. Fort has beaten 3 playoff teams, NC 4. Has Newark Catholics schedule been tougher than Fort Frye's? Yeah I think so, but I'm starting to question how much that matters, because I would vouch to say that Centerburgs was a little tougher than Fort Frye's as well (albeit certainly not by a bunch), and as Eastern stated nobody smoked Centerburg, but it didn't end up mattering. Look plain and simple good schedule, bad schedule, strong, weak, etc. here is a fact: Fort Frye has smashed everyone they have been asked to play, and a team like that is scary, because it's hard to get a feel for them. When your blowing out every team you face nobody has really gotten to see your limit, nobody has been able to exploit a weakness on film.
Stan the man, with your logic, you must be related to Efarns.

Great post, Thanks ;)

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

On the flipside here, and having been down this path with my team (many moons ago!), it is maybe a little shortsighted to rely upon your team "smashing" their opponents and not having to deal with a team that punches your team right in the mouth and challenges you. I am going to stop right there and state that I hope that FF and Waterford win this week, and keep moving forward. That would be fantastic.

Now, to my point, you get to this point in the season, you are not going to be playing a weak sister or some team that has had a cakewalk. Stiff challenges from this point forward. Don't underestimate your opponent, and don't overestimate your team. Anything can happen. I've experienced that with my alma mater a few times, and I hope that the cadet fans or the wildcat fans don't have to deal with that disappointment.

Good luck to both schools, I will be rooting for each Washington county team.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
right_price35
Waterboy

Post by right_price35 »

I got to take in the fort frye game last week. The only thing that i seen that worries me a little would be arm tackling i seen on bunfill at times. Other than that they looked pretty solid. I would highly doubt there will be a running clock in this one. Then again our football in southeast ohio is pathetic and far inferior to those private schools in central ohio so maybe Fort should just pack it in for the year and give this NC team the regional title. I know it looks like great weather for another football friday night cant wait to make the trip to watch this game. Maybe ole Kapono can get the PVC chant going after fort frye wins like they do in the SEC. Good Luck FF.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

right_price35 wrote:I got to take in the fort frye game last week. The only thing that i seen that worries me a little would be arm tackling i seen on bunfill at times. Other than that they looked pretty solid. I would highly doubt there will be a running clock in this one. Then again our football in southeast ohio is pathetic and far inferior to those private schools in central ohio so maybe Fort should just pack it in for the year and give this NC team the regional title. I know it looks like great weather for another football friday night cant wait to make the trip to watch this game. Maybe ole Kapono can get the PVC chant going after fort frye wins like they do in the SEC. Good Luck FF.

Bunfill had 1 run of 68 yards and finished the game 12 carries for 86. So 11 for 18 the rest of the game. The Dline seemed to tackle well but a few times the DBs missed a few tackles.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Other ball carries for Barnesville were 18 carries for a total of 13 yards.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets need to avoid the turnovers one of the fumbles last week cost them 6 points.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Brady Carpenter had 138 yards rec he is crucial in keeping the Cadets not one dimensional.

right_price35
Waterboy

Post by right_price35 »

EasternDspy wrote:
right_price35 wrote:I got to take in the fort frye game last week. The only thing that i seen that worries me a little would be arm tackling i seen on bunfill at times. Other than that they looked pretty solid. I would highly doubt there will be a running clock in this one. Then again our football in southeast ohio is pathetic and far inferior to those private schools in central ohio so maybe Fort should just pack it in for the year and give this NC team the regional title. I know it looks like great weather for another football friday night cant wait to make the trip to watch this game. Maybe ole Kapono can get the PVC chant going after fort frye wins like they do in the SEC. Good Luck FF.

Bunfill had 1 run of 68 yards and finished the game 12 carries for 86. So 11 for 18 the rest of the game. The Dline seemed to tackle well but a few times the DBs missed a few tackles.
He had another nice run where he broke 4 or 5 tackles that was called back for a penalty.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

rickoshay wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:
Stan the man, with your logic, you must be related to Efarns.

Great post, Thanks ;)
To set the record straight no relation lol (at least I don't believe so, guess ya never know on a forum huh? Haha)

Ok all differences aside I'm gonna give it to you, this post made me choke on my Pepsi it had me laughing so hard. Can I nominate it for post of the year? :mrgreen:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

right_price35 wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:

He had another nice run where he broke 4 or 5 tackles that was called back for a penalty.
Think that was a screen on the first drive of the game.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

EasternDspy wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:Eastern, I am curious though who exactly talked up Centerburg when it came to playing Fort Frye? I know I said if Fort Frye made a lot of mistakes then Centerburg could be scary, but I also thought I said if Fort Frye played clean they would win easily. From what it sounds like Fort played clean and they won easily. I also remember that goofy article in the dispatch put that game on the upset alert, but we all know how much the dispatch knows when it comes to our small school football lol

I was talking about the Columbus dispatch and even the experts thought it be like 10 point game. Pastuer has been point on come playoff time and he picked Fort by 1. I think we could see something similar.
Oh ok fair enough!

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

To save some confusion, I'm actually not a Fort Frye guy, just a football guy with a lot of appreciation for the small school football too. I was actually very critical on Fort Frye at the beginning of the year for reasons still being stated by some now in week 13. As time went by, I mean I had to eat a little crow and that's fine. I became a believer of them getting by the first round, but when I saw what kind of authority they took Centerburg by I had confidence in them, regardless if their next opponent be Chesapeake or Barnesville. Then came the way they beat Barnesville and now I have faith in them in the regional finals as well. I may be wrong, and I can take my crow if am, that's certainly fair and nobody is wrong when they say NCs opponents thus far has better prepared them, I'm just not sure if it's gonna matter Friday night. We'll see. Good luck to the Cadets and good luck to the Green Wave

right_price35
Waterboy

Post by right_price35 »

I think you are right. I just remember the play was on the home side of the field. Im not saying fort frye tackled bad so no reason for dspy to get salty. What I am saying is that a hand full of arm tackles in a regional final game could be the difference between playing next week or going black Friday shopping for one of those crazy deals on TVs at walmart. Once again from just another pvc boy good luck Friday FF....

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

right_price35 wrote:I think you are right. I just remember the play was on the home side of the field. Im not saying fort frye tackled bad so no reason for dspy to get salty. What I am saying is that a hand full of arm tackles in a regional final game could be the difference between playing next week or going black Friday shopping for one of those crazy deals on TVs at walmart. Once again from just another pvc boy good luck Friday FF....

DEs have to contain and keep the ball carriers in the middle of the field. That's the strength of the Cadets.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

EasternDspy wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Take time watch film on both teams and tell me this won't be a great matchup. Like someone said they didn't even blowout Bellaire. Fort Frye is much better then Bellaire.
How would you know if they're better? They haven't played anybody. Bishop Ready is better then Bellaire too. Lots of teams on NC's schedule are. Why do you assume I haven't seen any game film? Hypotheticals aren't important now. Answer me this, who has prepared Frye for this game? I just don't see a signature win. All I see are big plays against extremely bad football teams, over half of which are D7. Forgive me if I'm not too terribly impressed with that. If I'm wrong I'll be first in line to admit it but something tells me that won't be reciprocated! 8-)

Don't care if your impressed it's kinda irrelevant. You just aren't being intelligent. Running clock no way this game is running clock. Ready was really banged up in that last game. This is going to be a war.
The hubris of you referring to me as unintelligent after posting that grammatical nightmare. :roll: Your posts are extremely weak and intellectually lacking and you're clearly blinded by your homer goggles, rendering further debate with you nonsensical.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Stan_Marsh wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:Watkins Memorial was a joke of a team this year, but they found a way to get a few wins, gee one of those was against Newark Catholic
Yeah a D6 school lost on the road to D2 school by a touchdown. Truly disgraceful, good call Stan! Now would you like me to point out the "jokes" on Fort Frye's schedule? 8-)
I don't care what the sizes are it is disgraceful, Watkins was atrocious lol point out the jokes, but at least Fort Frye has dominated the jokes. =)
Laughable retort on your part! :lol: Do you honestly believe NC wouldn't be 12-0 if they had Frye's schedule and conversely do you believe Frye would still be 12-0 if they had to play NC's? Come on Stan......

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

Return to “Football”