Anyone been to Granville, WV?

Post Reply
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 30665
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Anyone been to Granville, WV?

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:36 pm

Making a drive there this Friday. Going to see another minor league baseball game.



Omega
S
Posts: 1797
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: Anyone been to Granville, WV?

Post by Omega » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:46 am

You will find Monongalia County Ballpark to be a modern home for WVU and short season rookie league baseball. The facility though lacks the character of many small town parks.

As to Granville, the only saving grace is that it just south of Morgantown and WVU. Of course I have not been there for three years.

I-70 east to I-79 South will get you there. I envy your baseball wanderings.
Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 30665
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Anyone been to Granville, WV?

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 am

Thanks. Just started doing the minor league baseball thing this year. Something to do until football starts.

Omega
S
Posts: 1797
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: Anyone been to Granville, WV?

Post by Omega » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 am

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 am
Thanks. Just started doing the minor league baseball thing this year. Something to do until football starts.
We do the Greenville Drive, a Red Sox low A affiliate. Their park is a mini Fenway, complete with a Green Monster. My problem is that I am an old fart and have trouble get around
Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 30665
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Anyone been to Granville, WV?

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:22 pm

Omega wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 am
Thanks. Just started doing the minor league baseball thing this year. Something to do until football starts.
We do the Greenville Drive, a Red Sox low A affiliate. Their park is a mini Fenway, complete with a Green Monster. My problem is that I am an old fart and have trouble get around
That would be awesome.

Omega
S
Posts: 1797
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: Anyone been to Granville, WV?

Post by Omega » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:28 pm

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:22 pm
Omega wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 am
Thanks. Just started doing the minor league baseball thing this year. Something to do until football starts.
We do the Greenville Drive, a Red Sox low A affiliate. Their park is a mini Fenway, complete with a Green Monster. My problem is that I am an old fart and have trouble get around
That would be awesome.
Here is a video of Fluor Field in Greenville. The team sucks, the attendance is so so, but it is still a great venue to me.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fl ... ORM=VRDGAR
Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 30665
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Anyone been to Granville, WV?

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:34 am

Thanks

Post Reply