Junior High Football 2018

Ohiosports22
Waterboy
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Junior High Football 2018

Post by Ohiosports22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:51 pm

We are close enough to say football season is here!! What do the 7th and 8th teams in our area look like this year?



footballelite
Waterboy
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:58 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by footballelite » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:57 pm

Not sure what they look like, but I was told burg 7th and 8th have over 50 kids combined. Sounded like a lot to me, maybe that's normal for middle school.

countywide35
Varsity
Posts: 550
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by countywide35 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:35 pm

jacksons 8th grade should be lights out......7th grade should not be far behind

14U
Varsity
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:37 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by 14U » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:00 am

footballelite wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:57 pm
Not sure what they look like, but I was told burg 7th and 8th have over 50 kids combined. Sounded like a lot to me, maybe that's normal for middle school.
That number is about right, maybe a little more.

TCat
Waterboy
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:23 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by TCat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:41 pm

14U wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:00 am
footballelite wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:57 pm
Not sure what they look like, but I was told burg 7th and 8th have over 50 kids combined. Sounded like a lot to me, maybe that's normal for middle school.
That number is about right, maybe a little more.
I've heard 6 open enrollment 8 graders from surrounding schools

14U
Varsity
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:37 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by 14U » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:46 am

TCat wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:41 pm
14U wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:00 am
footballelite wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:57 pm
Not sure what they look like, but I was told burg 7th and 8th have over 50 kids combined. Sounded like a lot to me, maybe that's normal for middle school.
That number is about right, maybe a little more.
I've heard 6 open enrollment 8 graders from surrounding schools
Probably

BigBlueNation
All State
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:50 am
Location: Scioto County

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by BigBlueNation » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 pm

Northwest has a little over 40 kids combined.
8th grade big and physical.
7th grade is smaller and more finesse.
Both should have pretty good season.

14U
Varsity
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:37 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by 14U » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 am

BigBlueNation wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 pm
Northwest has a little over 40 kids combined.
8th grade big and physical.
7th grade is smaller and more finesse.
Both should have pretty good season.
That’s some great numbers for Northwest!!

BigBlueNation
All State
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:50 am
Location: Scioto County

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:46 pm

14U wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 am
BigBlueNation wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 pm
Northwest has a little over 40 kids combined.
8th grade big and physical.
7th grade is smaller and more finesse.
Both should have pretty good season.
That’s some great numbers for Northwest!!
They had 50 some last year. I look for them in a few years to have over 70 on the highschool roster.
There is going to be a lot of changes in the near future.
They are getting a total upgrade on the facility. Turf field, indoor turf facility for speed and agility and weight room. New locker rooms. New concessions, visitor bleachers.
In the next year or two it will be a completely different place. The kids are really excited and ready to work hard.

14U
Varsity
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:37 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by 14U » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:39 am

BigBlueNation wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:46 pm
14U wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 am
BigBlueNation wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 pm
Northwest has a little over 40 kids combined.
8th grade big and physical.
7th grade is smaller and more finesse.
Both should have pretty good season.
That’s some great numbers for Northwest!!
They had 50 some last year. I look for them in a few years to have over 70 on the highschool roster.
There is going to be a lot of changes in the near future.
They are getting a total upgrade on the facility. Turf field, indoor turf facility for speed and agility and weight room. New locker rooms. New concessions, visitor bleachers.
In the next year or two it will be a completely different place. The kids are really excited and ready to work hard.
Sounds like great things coming to Mohawk land!! I like seeing the numbers and with all you said coming kids will stay home to play football not transfer out. good Luck to you and ur team!!

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by Frogtownbuckeye » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Ironton 7th grade (8th this year) was 7-0 last year while giving up only 6 points in 7 games. The same kids are back out so they should be pretty sharp. Burg was a good team last year so if they added some open enrollment kids they should be really good as well. Portsmouth was pretty athletic last year so they should cause some teams problems.

14U
Varsity
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:37 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by 14U » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:35 pm

Frogtownbuckeye wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:02 pm
Ironton 7th grade (8th this year) was 7-0 last year while giving up only 6 points in 7 games. The same kids are back out so they should be pretty sharp. Burg was a good team last year so if they added some open enrollment kids they should be really good as well. Portsmouth was pretty athletic last year so they should cause some teams problems.
Somebody told me Burg scrimmages Portsmouth Thursday and open up with ur Tigers. I guess we will see who has what in next couple weeks!!

BigBlueNation
All State
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:50 am
Location: Scioto County

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by BigBlueNation » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:29 am

Northwest scrimmages Rock hill on Thursday.

falcon117
Riding the Bench
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:23 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by falcon117 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 am

Minford goes to Galia on Thursday for a scrimmage

RioProf
Waterboy
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by RioProf » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:36 pm

Jackson scrimmages VC at Jackson this Thursday at 5pm.

goblue1395
Riding the Bench
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:08 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by goblue1395 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:02 am

Washington CH 8th Grade team will be undefeated league champs this season, you heard it here first. It will look like a completely different team this season, the most talented jr high team the blue lions have possibly ever had. The two outside receivers are both 5'11" and run a 40 in 4.90 seconds. They are both very physical. One of the slot receivers is 6'2" 220 and can run, he literally looks like a young Gronkowski out there, great hands and very physical as well. The other slot receiver could be the best of the bunch. he is a transfer, probably 5'8" 140 and runs a solid 4.80. They will have three receivers this year that no team got to see last year because they didn't play. There might not be an 8th grade team in the state that can guard all four of these monsters. They also have a couple new kids defensively that are fast and aggressive. Jackson better look out week 5 when they come to Gardner Park. If they think they will roll to another league championship they will be gravely mistaken. WCH will be ready to play i can guarantee that.

14U
Varsity
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:37 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by 14U » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:49 am

goblue1395 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:02 am
Washington CH 8th Grade team will be undefeated league champs this season, you heard it here first. It will look like a completely different team this season, the most talented jr high team the blue lions have possibly ever had. The two outside receivers are both 5'11" and run a 40 in 4.90 seconds. They are both very physical. One of the slot receivers is 6'2" 220 and can run, he literally looks like a young Gronkowski out there, great hands and very physical as well. The other slot receiver could be the best of the bunch. he is a transfer, probably 5'8" 140 and runs a solid 4.80. They will have three receivers this year that no team got to see last year because they didn't play. There might not be an 8th grade team in the state that can guard all four of these monsters. They also have a couple new kids defensively that are fast and aggressive. Jackson better look out week 5 when they come to Gardner Park. If they think they will roll to another league championship they will be gravely mistaken. WCH will be ready to play i can guarantee that.
We need to get with the right channels and have them play Wheelersburg. My buddy took me to watch one of their practices. They are big and fast at all skill position with their line Avg over 200. Receivers are 6’1, 6’1 and 6’0. Runningbacks are fast and solid etc!! Their D is big and fast for a jr high team. On paper it sound like a great jr high game

goblue1395
Riding the Bench
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:08 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by goblue1395 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:21 am

14U wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:49 am
goblue1395 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:02 am
Washington CH 8th Grade team will be undefeated league champs this season, you heard it here first. It will look like a completely different team this season, the most talented jr high team the blue lions have possibly ever had. The two outside receivers are both 5'11" and run a 40 in 4.90 seconds. They are both very physical. One of the slot receivers is 6'2" 220 and can run, he literally looks like a young Gronkowski out there, great hands and very physical as well. The other slot receiver could be the best of the bunch. he is a transfer, probably 5'8" 140 and runs a solid 4.80. They will have three receivers this year that no team got to see last year because they didn't play. There might not be an 8th grade team in the state that can guard all four of these monsters. They also have a couple new kids defensively that are fast and aggressive. Jackson better look out week 5 when they come to Gardner Park. If they think they will roll to another league championship they will be gravely mistaken. WCH will be ready to play i can guarantee that.
We need to get with the right channels and have them play Wheelersburg. My buddy took me to watch one of their practices. They are big and fast at all skill position with their line Avg over 200. Receivers are 6’1, 6’1 and 6’0. Runningbacks are fast and solid etc!! Their D is big and fast for a jr high team. On paper it sound like a great jr high game
I agree! I think it would be a great matchup. They scrimmaged Madison Plains Jr High last night and it got really bad. Not sure how MP faired in their league last year but they simply couldn't compete with the Blue Lions. WCH scored at will and pummeled the Eagles on D. WCH 7th grade looked dominant as well, the Blue Lions 7th grade QB is a special athlete. I believe he accounted for 6 touchdowns (4 rushing, 2 passing) in two 10 - play series'.

Ohiosports22
Waterboy
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by Ohiosports22 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:53 am

Wheelersburg goes to Portsmouth today for a scrimmage. It'll be interesting to see where they stand! Good luck to all the teams this season, it's gonna be a fun year

14U
Varsity
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:37 am

Re: Junior High Football 2018

Post by 14U » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:19 am

Ohiosports22 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:53 am
Wheelersburg goes to Portsmouth today for a scrimmage. It'll be interesting to see where they stand! Good luck to all the teams this season, it's gonna be a fun year
That’s great, thanks for the info!!! I might go watch

Post Reply