Western Brown 42 Jackson 36

Poo Bear
SE

Re: Western Brown 42 Jackson 36

Post by Poo Bear » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:15 pm

Otto wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:07 pm
This guy sure knows how to shake the pom-poms for Jackson. 7th grade team? LOL. What's next, you gonna tell us all about the pee wee super bowl team? Hilarious. And all this is AFTER losing to an 0-3 team. Has to be a parent, 'cause objectivity went out the window a long time ago.
Yeah he’s brought some life to the Jackson thread. But 0-3 or not western Brown could play and their qb was good

Ironman92
SEOPS HOF

Post by Ironman92 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:23 pm

Josh Taylor had 408 yards passing and 4 TD and 148 yards rushing and 2 more TD

countywide35
Varsity

Post by countywide35 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:24 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:23 pm
Looked like baker mayfield

greygoose
All State

Post by greygoose » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:08 am

Ironman92 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:23 pm
WOW...very impressive has to be candidate for player of the week easily. Yet an individual on here wants to blame the refs... :lol: :lol:

Abe Froman
All State

Post by Abe Froman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:21 am

That is a lot of offense for one guy to be responsible for - what was WB total offensive numbers?

VetteMan
JV Team

Post by VetteMan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:47 pm

I've been told over the years that it is always hard for any defense to really play good passing defense in the secondary, if you are not used to practicing everyday against a passing offense. I'm not taking anything away from the WB quarterback,as no doubt he was a very good all around athlete. I'm also not saying that Jackson's QB is not a good passer. I'm just saying that Jackson is mostly a running football team, and that there defense doesn't usually practice as much again'st passing.

greygoose
All State

Post by greygoose » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:08 pm

VetteMan wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:47 pm
I've been told over the years that it is always hard for any defense to really play good passing defense in the secondary, if you are not used to practicing everyday against a passing offense. I'm not taking anything away from the WB quarterback,as no doubt he was a very good all around athlete. I'm also not saying that Jackson's QB is not a good passer. I'm just saying that Jackson is mostly a running football team, and that there defense doesn't usually practice as much again'st passing.
This is true but they do work a lot of 7-7 which I know isn't the same, but you still do work passing drills and coverage. Plus there's other factors in play with the passing game, pass rush, although still no excuse for him rushing for 148 on top of that. Better team won that night plain and simple and now Jackson has to travel down to Burg to take on another team that has the athletes to spread them out and pass if they so choose.

Mike
Waterboy

Post by Mike » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:19 pm

VetteMan wrote:
I think jackson’s QB is a much better passer than he’s allowed to show because of Jackson being such a run mentality oriented atmosphere.

wobycat
S

Post by wobycat » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Mike wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:19 pm
VetteMan wrote:
I think jackson’s QB is a much better passer than he’s allowed to show because of Jackson being such a run mentality oriented atmosphere.
He’s probably being recruited for burg next year.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:48 pm

As far as the Jackson defense not seeing much in the way of passing in practice because their own team is run oriented is not the way things work. All football teams prepare each week for what they see. The Jackson defense sees reps of the opposing teams best plays in that weeks preparations. It's difficult for the scout team to simulate the speed and skill of an athlete like the Western Brown qb. You do the best you can do and work the fundamentals. A coach that was a successful high school coach and later coached at Ohio State a guy by the name of Combs once said in defending a good empty spread team if the QB is an athlete and can both pass and run and he is on the money that night you are going to lose no matter how good the defense. I got an education coaching on a team that had to play Matty Mauk at Kenton. It's different everything you thought you knew about defense goes out the window the QB is hard to get to and they eventually get mismatches of their better athletes on your weaker ones. You cant load the box and you cant blitz your way out of it. If you dont see it often it's hard to find answers. That being said the same offense can look pretty ugly without having the right trigger man and supporting cast. Jackson kids have always been hard nosed kids that have expected to win. Jackson's strength has always been it's blocking and running game that's who they are hardnosed blue collar kids and coaches that word hard to prepare them.