Week 3 Ohio State @ TCU, Your Thoughts Here Please

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 3 Ohio State @ TCU, Your Thoughts Here Please

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:46 am

WOW WHAT A GAME. GARY PATTERSON CAN COACH.AND RYAN DAY CAN COACH. AND URBAN HAS BEEN HANDED THE REIGNS TO A TEAM THAT IS HITTING ON MOST ALL CYLINDERS.
that was a very frustrating game to watch for me, but very exciting. the officials were acc, but the frogs got by with back to back pass interference plays in the endzone. were holding all night on pass routes. joey bosa got tackled on the play where he got injured with no flag. cramps and injuries everywhere. and I had to set through Jordan skipping ground ball snaps to haskins all night. what's up with that. get the dang snap up. I centered in high school, it ain't that hard. we were never in a shotgun mind ya. but geeze o pete. that's gotta be fixed, it threw the timing off on every thing. we had quite a few weaknesses exposed on defense. poor linebacker play underneath. and getting burnt on hail Mary's. and passes underneath. they ran for way too many yards. but then again tcu ain't Oregon state. this was a big test. we failed it the 1st half. and passed in the 2nd half. our running backs are beasts. and I love haskins man. and he don't get rattled. I saw several times where he could have ran, but didn't. I just got done tellin mrs. bait, if haskins keeps on a rpo, he'd walk in the endzone. and bam he did. the frogs were lulled to sleep thinking he would not run. and at just the right time he did. and the trick play on the kick return I was screaming at the tv, I saw him lying down. I knew something was up. we load up the whole left side on a kickoff, and that was a magical call by Patterson. fortunately for us it was a forward pass. I hate it that bosa got hurt, the guy was holding him the whole time when he brought him down. with no flag. this was a marqee matchup. tcu was paid 5.5 million dollars to move this one to jerry's world from being a home game. I mean when you move the game 18 miles it's still a home game. but it still looked like there were more buck fans there.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:11 am

Moving the game allowed more Buckeye fans to be able to attend. As announcers said maybe 65% TCU and 35% OSU.
Jordan on the low snaps. They moved him to center this year. A position he has never played. As OSU has had a good run of centers going to the NFL. Learner the position is one thing. Playing at a high level in a tight game when you are tired. While trying to block quick guys is another thing. Now other teams have seen this and will try to force Jordan to make mistakes. This is not something that can just be fixed in one week of practice. Why NFL teams luv it when they find a long snapper they can count in their kicking game.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Nice game for the Bucks! Good point Farmer they did get more fans in by moving it. I thought the officiating was pretty even. Both teams were holding and grabbing if you break it down, but OSU got the biggest break of all by not getting that safety call on them costing TCU points, but we'll take it! Well time to go back in my slumber, wake me up in two weeks!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Go Bucks. They are legit this year

OHHS old timer
All State

Post by OHHS old timer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:27 pm

mattash wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:34 pm
Go Bucks. They are legit this year
If the defense plays for 60 mins...I'll agree with you then.

Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!!

se-alum
Varsity

Post by se-alum » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:21 am

Can't say enough about Haskins. Yea, he had a couple bad throws, but he was 24-38 with 5 or 6 drops.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:09 am

either way they are extremely legit. need to work a few bugs out.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

FANOSPORTS
SEOP

Post by FANOSPORTS » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:45 pm

se-alum wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:21 am
Can't say enough about Haskins. Yea, he had a couple bad throws, but he was 24-38 with 5 or 6 drops.
He's not a runner at all though. He stumbled and rolled twice on his touchdown run and sorta reminds me of Dan Marino in college with a bullet arm and pro style pocket presence but heavy feet if that makes sense.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

se-alum
Varsity

Post by se-alum » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:17 pm

FANOSPORTS wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:45 pm
se-alum wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:21 am
He's not a runner at all though. He stumbled and rolled twice on his touchdown run and sorta reminds me of Dan Marino in college with a bullet arm and pro style pocket presence but heavy feet if that makes sense.
I'm fine with him not being a runner. I think he's capable of getting you a few yards with his feet if he needs to, but I'd rather have him back there slinging it.

countywide35
All Conference

Post by countywide35 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:58 pm

got a W.......big pay day for the horn frogs........and we roll on......Coach Day stamped his resume now for the most sought after new head coach....the guy performed very well.........lets hope Urban takes em to the next level.......we have ourselves a LEGIT team in the capital.....GO BUCKS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:20 am

that was a game of the year type game.

Bleeding Red
SEOP

Post by Bleeding Red » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:25 am

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:20 am
The ratings for the OSU vs TCU game were off the charts.

The following OSU has is incredible due to their massive alumni and millions of haters lol.

Bleeding Red
SEOP

Post by Bleeding Red » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:25 am

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:20 am
The ratings for the OSU vs TCU game were off the charts.

The following OSU has is incredible due to their massive alumni and millions of haters lol.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:38 pm

I thought I heard them say there was 65 % TCU fans and only 35% OSU fans. Looked like it was just the opposite. I thought the LSU vs Auburn was a better game that day, but this one was pretty exciting. We won't see any great games like this next year. OSU schedule is really bad in 2019.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:15 am

I saw both, the lsu/auburn game was killer too. it certainly sounded like it was a home game on tv anyway for the buckeyes at jerry's world last Saturday.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HO

Post by Chieftain2009 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:25 am

cbolt wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:38 pm
I thought I heard them say there was 65 % TCU fans and only 35% OSU fans. Looked like it was just the opposite. I thought the LSU vs Auburn was a better game that day, but this one was pretty exciting. We won't see any great games like this next year. OSU schedule is really bad in 2019.
The TCU series was supposed to be a home-and-home, but the second game was cancelled because they played at a neutral site. As far as the OSU schedule for next year, their out-of-conference is not great. Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati and Miami (OH). Who knows about FAU and UC, may or may not be any good. Miami not traditionally real good though.

2015 Playoff Football Pick 'em Champion

Return to “College Sports”