Wheelersburg 33 Jackson 14

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:04 am

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Burgfan/grad85 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:07 pm

allamericanironman wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:09 pm
No that was the shut out year 28-0
First home shutout in history by my fighting ironmen
It was 27 to 0 in 2014 at Burg



countywide35
All Conference
Posts: 921
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by countywide35 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:35 pm

how many pages this thread gonna create this next week ??? I do want to make a point that This should be a friendly rivalry. The communities have a lot of connections to one another and should be respected.



yabbadabbadoo
SEO
Posts: 2875
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:50 pm

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by yabbadabbadoo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:14 am

I would still like to to Burg run Mathews more out of the I. He has great speed and if gets past the LB’s he is gone. Burg RB’s have fumbled way to much this year.



greygoose
S
Posts: 1952
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by greygoose » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 am

Jackson the last 2 weeks has started out very slow and even week 1 they were very sloppy to begin things and even found themselves down to Wellston to start. It took a 17 play 99 yard drive to pull it off against Gallia, WB quarterback looked like he was playing against Jackson's 7th grade team. Burg has taken on better opponents so far this year and I believe that will help them in this game as they take this one by 2-3 scores. If Jackson starts out slow it gets bad real fast and will totally throw Jackson out of their game plan.



Jolly P(irate)
SEOP
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 am

greygoose wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 am
Jackson the last 2 weeks has started out very slow and even week 1 they were very sloppy to begin things and even found themselves down to Wellston to start. It took a 17 play 99 yard drive to pull it off against Gallia, WB quarterback looked like he was playing against Jackson's 7th grade team. Burg has taken on better opponents so far this year and I believe that will help them in this game as they take this one by 2-3 scores. If Jackson starts out slow it gets bad real fast and will totally throw Jackson out of their game plan.
I can agree with everything you say except one thing. Jackson’s 7 grade would have dominated Western Brown. Right allamericanironman?



Jolly P(irate)
SEOP
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:50 am

Jackson definitely doesn’t want to get down early. Burg will pin their ears back and things will get all bad after that. They will have to throw the ball, unlike recent years, to keep this defense from jumping gaps.



wobycat
SE
Posts: 2223
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by wobycat » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:59 am

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 am
greygoose wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 am
Jackson the last 2 weeks has started out very slow and even week 1 they were very sloppy to begin things and even found themselves down to Wellston to start. It took a 17 play 99 yard drive to pull it off against Gallia, WB quarterback looked like he was playing against Jackson's 7th grade team. Burg has taken on better opponents so far this year and I believe that will help them in this game as they take this one by 2-3 scores. If Jackson starts out slow it gets bad real fast and will totally throw Jackson out of their game plan.
I can agree with everything you say except one thing. Jackson’s 7 grade would have dominated Western Brown. Right allamericanironman?
It’s easy to be good when you blitz 7 to 8 kids every play and toss sweep to the biggest kid on the field. That’s probably his kid. He’s going to be disappointed come the varsity years.



Jolly P(irate)
SEOP
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Jolly P(irate) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:02 am

wobycat wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:59 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 am
greygoose wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 am
Jackson the last 2 weeks has started out very slow and even week 1 they were very sloppy to begin things and even found themselves down to Wellston to start. It took a 17 play 99 yard drive to pull it off against Gallia, WB quarterback looked like he was playing against Jackson's 7th grade team. Burg has taken on better opponents so far this year and I believe that will help them in this game as they take this one by 2-3 scores. If Jackson starts out slow it gets bad real fast and will totally throw Jackson out of their game plan.
I can agree with everything you say except one thing. Jackson’s 7 grade would have dominated Western Brown. Right allamericanironman?
It’s easy to be good when you blitz 7 to 8 kids every play and toss sweep to the biggest kid on the field. That’s probably his kid. He’s going to be disappointed come the varsity years.
Yea. That doesn’t translate well to the Varsity level. Obviously since this has been going on for what? 20 years or so? They are predictable on offense and easily dooped on defense.



Abe Froman
All State
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Abe Froman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:46 am

Just not seeing a much different outcome here than what has been the case excepting for one year. We will score relatively easily and often I think, the Jackson and Western Brown thread said the WB QB was responsible for 5-6 TD's passing and running, may be deja vu all over again this week.

We know what they will do and they aren't gonna be able to stop what we want to do. I will go with 49-14, 1 successful onside kick, and 1 successful fake punt.



countywide35
All Conference
Posts: 921
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by countywide35 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:20 am

No doubt the Ironmens back are up against the wall. But I will be quick to point the Ironmen has loads of talents the same as burg. If the Ironmen can or would come out from the start of opening kickoff firing on all cylinders they can cause some problems. Add a possibility tha burg come out over confident, flat , then folks we may see a barnburner inside the ed. either or. It’s great competition, and two of most historic programs in SEO suiting up to do battle. This is the only week I do not root for tha burg. And goodness do the Ironmen need to come out completely different than they have the last two weeks. Come out like against GA WB. Tha burg gonna make us pay dearly.



wobycat
SE
Posts: 2223
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by wobycat » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:28 am

Burg coaches will prepare for this to be a battle. Burg fans will predict blow out. It’s what fans do. Jackson will pose a problem for the Pirates because we are athletic defensively but strong running teams have shown they can move the ball against us. Burg will have to be very strong in the box to make sure The iron men don’t come in and upset the pirates



Poo Bear
SE
Posts: 2348
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Poo Bear » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:32 am

Abe Froman wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:46 am
Just not seeing a much different outcome here than what has been the case excepting for one year. We will score relatively easily and often I think, the Jackson and Western Brown thread said the WB QB was responsible for 5-6 TD's passing and running, may be deja vu all over again this week.

We know what they will do and they aren't gonna be able to stop what we want to do. I will go with 49-14, 1 successful onside kick, and 1 successful fake punt.
Sadly I can’t argue e any of those points Mr. Froman



Poo Bear
SE
Posts: 2348
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Poo Bear » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:32 am

wobycat wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:28 am
Burg coaches will prepare for this to be a battle. Burg fans will predict blow out. It’s what fans do. Jackson will pose a problem for the Pirates because we are athletic defensively but strong running teams have shown they can move the ball against us. Burg will have to be very strong in the box to make sure The iron men don’t come in and upset the pirates
Good post



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 16568
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Ironman92 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:38 pm

wobycat wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:28 am
Burg coaches will prepare for this to be a battle. Burg fans will predict blow out. It’s what fans do. Jackson will pose a problem for the Pirates because we are athletic defensively but strong running teams have shown they can move the ball against us. Burg will have to be very strong in the box to make sure The iron men don’t come in and upset the pirates
Good post.

I can’t say that I’m convinced we are a strong running team. We aren’t consistently great with it. IMO there has to be some deception, be it a man in motion, T formation or some occasional screens/keepers. We don’t have a big and powerful line and talented running backs, we have a good young line that is improving each week and continuing to learn their positions and a bunch of Jackson speed backs that won’t shy away from hitting and are tough but they need to be going downhill to do their thing. Spires has been impressive but when Gallia knew he was getting the ball...there wasn’t much he could do. He needed Haller, Parks and Ice being factors on “who might be getting the ball”....he kinda opened it up for others too.

I’m gonna throw some baseball into this. Ironmen offense is the pitcher that has a good useable fastball but needs to use timely offspeed stuff to keep the fastball more effective. I think this week we are facing a really good fastball hitting team. The first down play like first pitch of the AB....better get ahead and do it with different pitches. I could go on and on with this but feel like I’m irritating poo bear and I want my friend to be happy.

Do things really well boys. Make Friday fun



Poo Bear
SE
Posts: 2348
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Poo Bear » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:44 pm

I know this is a cliche but imo the only way Jackson keeps this close is to Pound between the tackles and keep clock moving and limit burgs possessions. Same we tried last year but last year no one could run on Burg. This year even though Jackson’s line is not a good as 2017 neither is burgs def line. I would say run the ball and control the clock. But even that is a long shot.



Kicker.
JV Team
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Kicker. » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:25 pm

allamericanironman wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:04 pm
Kicker. wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:23 pm
As no expert and not seeing burg play this year. I gotta believe they have enough to beat jackson.

burg 40
jackson 15

I also have seen burg this year and they have the players to beat Jackson pretty handily
Kickers don’t have opinions. Stop it you not even part of the team.
You're right! That's why I still posted it!


A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1380
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by VetteMan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Even though the Burgs. defense may not be as good as last years State Champs, and from what Ive been told about WB's QB, to try to compare WB's defense to the Burgs defense would be quite a mistake.



Burg4
Freshman Team
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:24 pm

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Burg4 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:01 pm

After the Bishop Hartley game, time will tell about Burg’s Defense in comparison to last years team. What I do know, is Burg’s Defense has given up 0 points in the last 2 games, whereas Bishop Hartley has scored 98 in the last 2 games. I expect another strong Burg defensive performance Friday. Go Burg!



OHHS old timer
All State
Posts: 1309
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: margaritaville

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by OHHS old timer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:10 pm

I have a question for burg nation. Tanner Holden: is he a basketball player who also plays football or vice versa?

I'm asking because I think he would an asset on the UK football team. I can see him playing there.


Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!!

OHHS old timer
All State
Posts: 1309
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: margaritaville

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by OHHS old timer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:12 pm

OHHS old timer wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:10 pm
I have a question for burg nation. Tanner Holden: is he a basketball player who also plays football or vice versa?

I'm asking because I think he would an asset on the UK football team. I can see him playing there.
BTW...burg wins by two scores. Sorry ironman92.


Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!!

greygoose
S
Posts: 1952
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by greygoose » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:24 pm

OHHS old timer wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:10 pm
I have a question for burg nation. Tanner Holden: is he a basketball player who also plays football or vice versa?

I'm asking because I think he would an asset on the UK football team. I can see him playing there.
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... 48173.html

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... 68e70.html

I've heard he's picked Marshall, so that tells you all you need to know on that one.
Last edited by greygoose on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.



wobycat
SE
Posts: 2223
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by wobycat » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:24 pm

OHHS old timer wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:10 pm
I have a question for burg nation. Tanner Holden: is he a basketball player who also plays football or vice versa?

I'm asking because I think he would an asset on the UK football team. I can see him playing there.
Everyone in burg would love for him to play college football. Personally I think he’d be very good at that level but I believe he’s always wanted to play basketball



Prime Time
Varsity
Posts: 596
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Banks of the Hocking

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Prime Time » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:59 pm

Jackson possible win here. They were looking ahead last week and it bit them. I say Ironmen in the upset of southern OHIO so far this year. The Halls will come home to pull off the big one in ED Miller Stadium. Jackson 24 Wheelersburg 18



Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 16568
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by Ironman92 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Prime Time wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:59 pm
Jackson possible win here. They were looking ahead last week and it bit them. I say Ironmen in the upset of southern OHIO so far this year. The Halls will come home to pull off the big one in ED Miller Stadium. Jackson 24 Wheelersburg 18
Not buying all of that. Maybe defense looked past (I don’t think they did) but offense has had a lot of penalties and punts and that isn’t looking ahead.



OHHS old timer
All State
Posts: 1309
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: margaritaville

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by OHHS old timer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:17 pm

greygoose wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:24 pm
OHHS old timer wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:10 pm
I have a question for burg nation. Tanner Holden: is he a basketball player who also plays football or vice versa?

I'm asking because I think he would an asset on the UK football team. I can see him playing there.
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... 48173.html

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... 68e70.html

I've heard he's picked Marshall, so that tells you all you need to know on that one.
Thank you grey goose!! Both were excellent articles. He talked about education...LOVE that!! I wish nothing but the best. Still...he'd look good with 30 more lbs and playing football...I'm thinking Al Toon.


Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!!

Post Reply

Return to “Football”